It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

Jenmomtoadhdson HB User
ADHD and Meds

My son is 10 and is on Concerta 76mg in the morning with 1mg Tenax Then in the evening at 5 he gets a 1mg Tenax and Dr just added Setretta. My son was 6 when he was on Vyanse which worked good however he started dropping in weight when I mentioned to his Dr I was told not to worry about it and give him ensure needless to say I decided to switch Drs all together. He now goes to a physiatrist he counsels and writes his meds and he listens. All kids are different and what works for one does not work for another. I have noticed he has gotten a little mouthy and he is easy to hurt his feelings and when he wnats to tell you something he will use his manners ans say excuse me etc but lord he want stop until you answer him. I can deal with that and I am blessed he is healthy and is doing good in school so far. Morning are hard for us he is not a morning person I am literally dressing him in his sleep if not we would all be late which we are most of the time anyway and in the evenings its a little hard with homework etc but to me some of this is just kids trying to figure themselves out and we have to train them sort of speak how to deal with homework etc. I know as a parent I get frustrated at times I am like why are you so sensitive or whinny but you know what my son is a loving affectionate child and I would rather him be caring and affectinate and a little sentive then to be a bully and be mean to people. I would love to here feedback. I dont think they outgrow ADHD but I do think when they get in late teen years they learn to manage it better sort of speak. It makes you feel better when you know your not the only parent going through this etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread