It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
(female)

kelsea98 HB User
I think I have ADD??

I'm not even completely sure if I have ADD or something else or anything at all. And I don't even think I'm going to be able to explain myself well on here but it's worth a shot. I am currently in second year university and having a lot of trouble. Last year I only took two easy classes a semester, but this year I started with 4 this semester. I had to drop one cause I was struggling so badly with everything. I cannot remember a time in my life I was able to actually able to study and focus for more then 10 minutes. Whenever I do I find myself distracting myself with other things. I`ll be sitting studying, then get the idea in my head of something else to do and no longer to be able to keep studying till I accomplish that other task. I'm the master of procrastination, I can never start things ahead and usually start them at the latest possible time. I've found I've not been able to hand in a lot of things because I never give myself enough time. I find it almost pointless to go to my lectures because I can't focus no matter how hard I try. Even if I'm sitting a few rows back from the prof and trying my hardest to pay attention, I start to drift off in thought without even realizing it. I get upset a lot because I know I'm smart and can do well, but I can never do as well as I want. I already know I'm going to have to upgrade a few of the courses I'm taking because I'm doing so bad. Boring subjects I can't seem to do. In my chem class I'm 4 chapters behind and I keep trying to catch up but can`t seem to. Every time I`m reading the textbook I`ll read a page and realize that I hadn`t even payed attention to what I was reading and have to read it over it again. If my friends were to describe me they would probably say I`m loud, talk to much, random in my conversations, and other things that are more positive too haha. My room is the messiest thing anyone has ever seen, you can`t even walk on the floor because of all the clothes, its terrible although most of the time I can find my things that I need. My car is really messy too. I`ve gotten so excited about organizing my life with school, and my room, and car. I`ll make a calender of to-do`s and all these plans, but it never lasts. I feel like I`m always struggling, its like I`m drowning. No matter how hard I try I can`t keep ontop of things. I`m always forgetting important things, being late, and I just feel like a complete failure. Maybe this is how university is for everyone, who knows. If anyone thinks its worth going to a doctor or psychiatrist or any thoughts at all I would really appreciate it

Last edited by kelsea98; 11-26-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
(female)

bigstomach HB User
Talking Re: I think I have ADD??

Kelsea,

Your story almost sounds like mine, but maybe at a different level. I found myself having a hard time remembering what I read and listening to lectures in school too. You may need to find a way to train yourself to focus more, or just think of it as you have selective listening, haha...

Last edited by bigstomach; 11-30-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
(female)

BlondePup HB User
Re: I think I have ADD??

Kelsea,

You remind me of myself, except for the being loud in conversations. Generally I'm pretty quiet and reserved unless I'm very comfortable with who I'm talking to. But I have the concentration issue and the cluttered spaces in my life as well. I talked to my GP, and as an initial measure, she prescribed me Wellbutrin while recommending I see a psychiatrist for a full evaluation. I have been taking the WB for a couple weeks now, and see a little improvement, but nothing too different. I haven't been to the psychiatrist yet due to insurance/cost reasons, but I will try to go as soon as I can. If you find out anymore on your condition, please post. I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

Closed Thread

Tags
add, adderall, adhd, attention deficit disorder