I might have ADD?
• I only have one interested. If someone brings that up I become very interested. If not then im totally not participating or pretending to participate in the conversation.
• I have been a big daydreamer all my life. Living in fantasies. Music and movies takes me away easily. I had trouble reading information or studying because my brain just floats off so easily.
• Im only interested in what I say. When listening to someone else I cant seems to remember or recall information correctly about what this person said.
• When listening my attention slowly fades away and I become to think of other things.
• Im fading away quickly when listening to someone
• Only remember things when reading something that interest me or doing what I like, all other topics are uninteresting
• When studying something or reading i cant have proper focus. I start to think of something else.
I recently fall into a depression so i lost motivation to a lot of things. This might be related to depression also?
Re: I might have ADD?
The 'lost in your own mind' symptoms certainly could be the inattentive subtype of ADHD. I would recommend consulting with a professional that specializes in ADHD for a diagnosis. Attention problems can be caused by a myriad of issues, both mental/emotional such as depression, PTSD, FASD, brain damage, etc. as well as physical problems like thyroid disorders.
Depression can result from a number of causes, again both mental/emotional and physical. Depression can also lead to attention problems that can be mistaken for ADHD.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:26 PM.|