It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



ADD / ADHD Message Board
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2013, 10:35 AM  
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4
Ziggiejomo HB User
Exclamation do i need to ask my doctor for a higher dose

I am 27 yrs old. I have recently started taking concerta 36 milligrams ER dose. I feel almost exactly the same except I find that I am NOT as irritable as normal. my stomach also hurts after taking the pill. i do eat something small before taking it.. i gave also noticed that i get a slight headache around 2 or 3 pm and i get more irritable again. i take my pill every morning at 7 am... i work a day job and have get classes at night... i still find it jade to stay focused and my mind still is constantly going. do i need to ask the Dr for a higher dose or a different kind of med.. i have tried statraga and it did nothing for me.. i have also had addorall bit it was only a 5 mg dose and i noticed no difference... please help

 
Old 06-21-2013, 11:00 AM  
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5
bsmithua HB User
Re: do i need to ask my doctor for a higher dose

My son was on concerta and we recently switched him to vyanse and I also have a friend in his 30's who is on it too and loves it. I am on adderol myself and maybe look at switching to it as well. Yes, I would think about switching w/ the side effects and not working.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 06-21-2013, 11:01 AM  
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5
bsmithua HB User
Re: do i need to ask my doctor for a higher dose

sorry I didn't know you said increase. I do know we kept increasing my son's concerta and it would help for a bit and then not. The vyanse has been much more effective.

 
Old 06-21-2013, 11:08 AM  
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4
Ziggiejomo HB User
Re: do i need to ask my doctor for a higher dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmithua View Post
My son was on concerta and we recently switched him to vyanse and I also have a friend in his 30's who is on it too and loves it. I am on adderol myself and maybe look at switching to it as well. Yes, I would think about switching w/ the side effects and not working.
I think it is important to say that i have only been taking it for about 2 1/2 weeks... as u can tell i am still very impatient. the reason for when i was on adderall and it was only 5 mg and never went up was because i noticed no difference and thought no one could help me and i quit taking them.. i have just recently went back and he asked how the adderall had worked and i told him i felt no difference really... i admit i should of stuck it out and not just quit going.. that is what i am trying to do this time..

 
Old 06-21-2013, 11:19 AM  
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5
bsmithua HB User
Re: do i need to ask my doctor for a higher dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggiejomo View Post
I think it is important to say that i have only been taking it for about 2 1/2 weeks... as u can tell i am still very impatient. the reason for when i was on adderall and it was only 5 mg and never went up was because i noticed no difference and thought no one could help me and i quit taking them.. i have just recently went back and he asked how the adderall had worked and i told him i felt no difference really... i admit i should of stuck it out and not just quit going.. that is what i am trying to do this time..
Well do wait and see however you should have noticed a difference by now either you need to be increased or something else. My son's dr said after 4 days or so you should know if it is working. However I am not a dr Trust what you know though.

 
Old 06-21-2013, 11:25 AM  
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4
Ziggiejomo HB User
Re: do i need to ask my doctor for a higher dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmithua View Post
Well do wait and see however you should have noticed a difference by now either you need to be increased or something else. My son's dr said after 4 days or so you should know if it is working. However I am not a dr Trust what you know though.
I do not go back to my Dr for 3 1/2 weeks still... i think i will continue taking it and just put up with the stomach ache it goes away after a little while.... and then ask him if he will increase it or if he would suggest changing me to a different med.. Ty for your help

 
 

Tags
adhd, concerta, medical advice


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added




Top 10 Drugs Discussed on this Board.
(Go to DrugTalk.com for complete list)
Adderall
Amphetamine
Concerta
Metadate
Methylphenidate
  Prozac
Ritalin
Strattera
Wellbutrin
Zoloft




TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



addprogrammer (94), janewhite1 (90), Thunor (47), marisuela (15), addventurous (10), iluv (10), Administrator (9), LessStress38 (9), Jasmine80 (6), CharBerry (6)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1136), MSJayhawk (941), Apollo123 (856), janewhite1 (823), Titchou (770), Gabriel (743), ladybud (667), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (655), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:33 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!