It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2013, 10:35 AM  
(female)

Ziggiejomo HB User
Exclamation do i need to ask my doctor for a higher dose

I am 27 yrs old. I have recently started taking concerta 36 milligrams ER dose. I feel almost exactly the same except I find that I am NOT as irritable as normal. my stomach also hurts after taking the pill. i do eat something small before taking it.. i gave also noticed that i get a slight headache around 2 or 3 pm and i get more irritable again. i take my pill every morning at 7 am... i work a day job and have get classes at night... i still find it jade to stay focused and my mind still is constantly going. do i need to ask the Dr for a higher dose or a different kind of med.. i have tried statraga and it did nothing for me.. i have also had addorall bit it was only a 5 mg dose and i noticed no difference... please help

Old 06-21-2013, 11:00 AM  
(female)

bsmithua HB User
Re: do i need to ask my doctor for a higher dose

My son was on concerta and we recently switched him to vyanse and I also have a friend in his 30's who is on it too and loves it. I am on adderol myself and maybe look at switching to it as well. Yes, I would think about switching w/ the side effects and not working.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2013, 11:01 AM  
(female)

bsmithua HB User

sorry I didn't know you said increase. I do know we kept increasing my son's concerta and it would help for a bit and then not. The vyanse has been much more effective.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:08 AM  
(female)

Ziggiejomo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmithua View Post
My son was on concerta and we recently switched him to vyanse and I also have a friend in his 30's who is on it too and loves it. I am on adderol myself and maybe look at switching to it as well. Yes, I would think about switching w/ the side effects and not working.
I think it is important to say that i have only been taking it for about 2 1/2 weeks... as u can tell i am still very impatient. the reason for when i was on adderall and it was only 5 mg and never went up was because i noticed no difference and thought no one could help me and i quit taking them.. i have just recently went back and he asked how the adderall had worked and i told him i felt no difference really... i admit i should of stuck it out and not just quit going.. that is what i am trying to do this time..

Old 06-21-2013, 11:19 AM  
(female)

bsmithua HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggiejomo View Post
I think it is important to say that i have only been taking it for about 2 1/2 weeks... as u can tell i am still very impatient. the reason for when i was on adderall and it was only 5 mg and never went up was because i noticed no difference and thought no one could help me and i quit taking them.. i have just recently went back and he asked how the adderall had worked and i told him i felt no difference really... i admit i should of stuck it out and not just quit going.. that is what i am trying to do this time..
Well do wait and see however you should have noticed a difference by now either you need to be increased or something else. My son's dr said after 4 days or so you should know if it is working. However I am not a dr Trust what you know though.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:25 AM  
(female)

Ziggiejomo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmithua View Post
Well do wait and see however you should have noticed a difference by now either you need to be increased or something else. My son's dr said after 4 days or so you should know if it is working. However I am not a dr Trust what you know though.
I do not go back to my Dr for 3 1/2 weeks still... i think i will continue taking it and just put up with the stomach ache it goes away after a little while.... and then ask him if he will increase it or if he would suggest changing me to a different med.. Ty for your help

Tags
adhd, concerta, medical advice