It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

adderall abuse

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2016, 05:28 PM   #1
hissleepy09
(female)

hissleepy09 HB User
adderall abuse

I do this to myself every month I say I am not going to abuse my Adderall but I end of doing it and I don't know why because I feel like crap most of the time. I am always chasing the high which always wears off. I know I am doing harm to my body and all I want to do is sleep and rest tonight so that in the morning I don't feel so bad. Has anyone tried nonstimulant medications? If so which ones.
Thank you in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2016, 01:07 AM   #2
Palegrl763
(female)

Palegrl763 HB User
Re: adderall abuse

I can relate for sure.

When you say you feel "like crap" most of the time, what do you mean? Depression? Fatigue? Low self-esteem? What does the Adderall do for you specifically that makes you want to abuse it?

Stimulants can be safe and effective when used responsibly, but they can also make mental health problems much worse when abused. If you're not able to regulate your use of Adderall, it's not the right drug for you and will eventually ruin your life just like meth or any other street drug.

I've never tried Strattera or any of the other non-stim meds, but it's worth a shot if this is the alternative.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:13 PM   #3
rosebuddy
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: adderall abuse

I just got off of it. I just didn't feel right about taking it. My doctor gave it to me for weight loss not add or adhd. I would just go go go. But I still ate later in the day. I have the blahs right now. But I know it will pass. L-tyrosine has helped me with the blahs before so I just started it again.

Reply Reply