It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Hi all! I'm back!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #1
Wendy88
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User
Hi all! I'm back!

Hi guys,
I use to post a lot here and then I took a break for a while. I'm doing ok and wanted to say hi.
I've gone down in my oxycodones from 180 20mg/month to 120 15mg/ month since the last time I posted. No more dilauded either.
It's cause of the new drug laws, but I know it's a good thing. I still dont take my pills as instructed, and I know that's a problem. I just can't do it. But the good thing, (I think) is I'm usually done with them around 2weeks after I get my script. The withdrawals haven't been awful and I'm sober half the month. And I'm enjoying it... it's making pills and being high less important.
My husband is a chronic pain patient like myself and are are both happy our pill intake has lessened, even if it make it a bit harder to control some of our pain... it's not like we are taking it properly for those reasons anyway. It's still difficult of course and part of me is annoyed about my reduction of pills... but I am truly starting to envision a day where they're aren't in my life. I think I'm moving in the right direction...

Be well!
Phoenix and reachout if you read this- hi!! I hope u both are well!

Last edited by Wendy88; 11-06-2016 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added a name

The following user gives a hug of support to Wendy88:
Phoenix (12-03-2016)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #2
Phoenix
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Hi all! I'm back!

Hello Wendy,

Never discontinue the struggle nor sell yourself short.

Have confidence in yourself and you'll know the right path to follow.

Our friend reachout passed away of a heart attack yesterday.

She will definitely be missed in print but always remembered in thoughts and prayers....

(MOMENT OF SILENCE).....

Life is short; make a decision and stick to it....

If you falter, then get right back up and keep moving forward.

Remember:

No one can make us do anything we really don't want to.

Respectfully

PHOENIX

Last edited by Phoenix; 12-03-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:38 AM   #3
Wendy88
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User

Hi Phoenix,

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news. Reachout was so kind to me and so many others. She's given me advice that I still keep in mind. She seemed to be a very smart, generous and helpful person who used her past experiences to help people struggling, like me.
Gosh this makes me so very sad.
My heart goes out to her family and friends both on this board and in her personal life.

I hope you are hanging in there, Phoenix.
I know you both have been in the board for a long time and I'm sure you knew her well. I'm here if you need a friend.

Thank you for letting me know.
And thanks for writing me and for all the support you've always given me. While I'm still struggling, I'm doing better than I have in a long time. But I'll update you more on another thread.
Rest In Peace, Reachout. Thank you for giving us so much support and wisdom. You will be missed.
❤️
Wendy88

Last edited by Wendy88; 12-04-2016 at 12:38 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Wendy88:
Phoenix (12-04-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 01:23 AM   #4
Phoenix
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

"Reachout was so kind to me and so many others. She's given me advice that I still keep in mind. She seemed to be a very smart, generous and helpful person who used her past experiences to help people struggling, like me.
Gosh this makes me so very sad.
My heart goes out to her family and friends both on this board and in her personal life."

Rest In Peace, Reachout. Thank you for giving us so much support and wisdom. You will be missed.
❤️

I couldn't post it any better myself.

She definitely will not be forgotten.

"I hope you are hanging in there, Phoenix."

I'm humbly taking things as they come; ever thankful for each day I am given to do something potentially constructive with.

Be strong.

Respectfully Stated

Phoenix

Old 12-04-2016, 08:28 PM   #5
Wendy88
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Phoenix. I'm glad you're doing ok. And I'm happy to be back in touch with you. I'll be trying to visit the board more... I've learned a lot since the last time I was here... and while I still struggle, I'm much better than I was.... maybe I can share and help others like me.

Keep in fighting the good fight! Stay in touch!
Wendy88

Old 12-22-2016, 05:08 PM   #6
SanyBelle
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Our friend reachout passed away of a heart attack yesterday.
You all don't know me but I've been reading these posts for many years and am so sorry to hear about reachout. May she RIP.

The Following User Says Thank You to SanyBelle For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (01-02-2017)
Reply Reply