It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

20 year daily beer drinker - may be in trouble.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2016, 09:40 PM   #1
WilltoLove
(male)

WilltoLove HB User
20 year daily beer drinker - may be in trouble.

Hello Board:
I am male 5Ē9 155lbs. BMI 22.6. Blood pressure 125/89. Resting pulse 50.
Drinking history: I drank daily since 1998 with a couple of breaks here and there. Since 2004, however, I drank an average of 10 light beers a night and all weekend long. I have always been active and eat as healthy as possible. I have always known I drank in excess and tried to counter with exercise, liquid multi, Milk Thistle ETC. I had blood work done in 2009 and 2016.
Consequences of my drinking: NONE other than DWI X 2 and a couple of PIís and a couple of bad relationships. I have no STDís or HEP C.
I have decided to better myself and stopped drinking 5 months ago. Recently I have been experiencing URQ pain.
I am not yellow, no swelling in abdomen or legs, and feel ok (good energy, sleep ETC). My anxiety is through the roof. Also I am highly irritable. I find it very difficult to believe that there are not dire consequences of drinking to the levels I did for the amount of time that I did.
I just want to clean up my act and be the best version of myself and live a good life.
Regardless of adverse health consequence or not Ė I am DONE drinking FOREVER!!!
I just hope and pray I didnít do too much damage and that I didnít quit drinking too LATE.
Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2016, 09:11 AM   #2
Misssty
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User
Re: 20 year daily beer drinker - may be in trouble.

hi..I suggest going over to Forms at Psych Central and posting this..as there is not much activity on this board...I haven't been notified of a message on this board in forever.

I think you will be fine...have bloodwork done at your GP and see if you have valid concerns.

The Following User Says Thank You to Misssty For This Useful Post:
WilltoLove (12-19-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 07:07 PM   #3
lorry93
(male)

lorry93 HB User
Re: 20 year daily beer drinker - may be in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misssty View Post
hi..I suggest going over to Forms at Psych Central and posting this..as there is not much activity on this board...I haven't been notified of a message on this board in forever.

I think you will be fine...have bloodwork done at your GP and see if you have valid concerns.
The only drawback with beer drinking is you consumed a lot of brewers yeast which usually causes problems. You seem not to have caught yeast problems and are a healthy smart person. The best and ultimate return to health and rebuilding you super health I'd a lot of protein powder with milk will make you so healthy and a couple of multivitamins a day. My favorite thing I learned on internet is a man who said I started drinking milk at 4 and am now 84 and never been sick a day in my life.

The Following User Says Thank You to lorry93 For This Useful Post:
WilltoLove (12-20-2016)
Reply Reply