It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2003, 06:32 PM   #1

Ubi HB User
Post I need some help

Hello everyone I'm relatively new here. I've been reading the post for days and finally got the courage to post. I'm looking for help with Lortab withdraw. I started taking Lortab 2 years ago when my neurosurgeon couldn't get my into surgery for my back for three months. He put me on Lortab 10/500 four times a day for those months. Then for the month after I was on Percocet then "back down" to the Lortab for the next month. As you can image by then I was hooked.

Long story short since that time two years ago I Dr shopped, used internet "Dr's" and altered legitimate prescriptions to increase the dose (if they weren't 10/500 or the quantity was what I considered too low. My habit was about 30 10/500 per day. Last Saturday I was finally caught with an altered prescription. I knew it was a only a matter of time and also knew I wouldn't stop any other way. I was too embarrassed to tell my husband of 9 years or my family. Now they all know, including the neighbors, the Dr's, and worst of all the District Attorney.

I spent three days in jail. I'm out on bond and could be facing up to 8 years in prison. Although my attorney is "almost positive" It will be dropped to a misdemeanor. That is another issue and I only mention it to explain how bad things had to get before I made a change.

I went through the painful part of withdraw in jail. It was excruciating. Any one who has been through it also knows what it does to your digestive track. Imagine going through that in front of forty six other women on a toilet with no walls.

Since Saturday morning I haven't had a thing. My husband threw out ever prescription bottle in the house including what would be considered legitimate like Paxil, Ambien, and Zaneflex which is a muscle relaxer. Perhaps only the Paxil could be considered truly legitimate but I really wish for the Ambien more than anything since I haven't slept more than an hour a night since Saturday.

I still have the shakes, the vertigo, the crying fits, the irritability, and insomnia as well as mild flu like symptoms. And two young boys who need me to get a grip.

I need help with this. I'm taking a multi vitamin, a B6, 4 advil, and vitamin C twice a day as well as drinking as much water and Power Ade as I can. Is there anything else I can be doing. I asked my husband to ask a Dr to prescribe something for me to help me through this but he refused. He is afraid I would be just replacing one thing for another...he is probably right.

I'm terribly sorry I rambled for so long but I wanted it all out there so I could get the best advice.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help you can give me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2003, 06:44 PM   #2
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
Hi Ubi and welcome to our family I am so sorry that things turned out this way for you but it beats taking too many pills. You seem to be taking all the right stuff except maybe some Immodium will forsure help with the digestive tract thing I know it can be awful severe at times. An OTC sleep aid might help if your husband would get it for you and he sure shouldnt have thrown out the meds you needed like your Paxil. You might be withdrawing from alot more than the narcs if you havent had your paxil in awhile there can be withdrawls from that too from what I have heard. There are quite a few here that were taking as many Lortabs as you and I am sure once they see this you will get the replys you need to help you. I wish you the best and God Bless.
Autumn.

Old 06-19-2003, 07:22 PM   #3

Ubi HB User
Thank you Autumn Angel, you are very kind. Don't be too hard on my husband he panicked, he's never had to go through this before. He also didn't know what Paxil was for. He made two good points as well. One was I should first get clean and reevaluate how I feel. Since Lortab is a depressant I might not need it anyway. The second point he made was if it is legit my Dr will still prescribe it for me. He is getting me some Tylenol PM as well as the ammodium.

Old 06-19-2003, 07:48 PM   #4

Chronic_Pancreatitis HB User
Exclamation

My thoughts are with you, just stay strong. I do however have a question regarding your experience, if you do not mind my asking. I willwait for you to respond before asking. It is not that bad,but I believe in being polite, above all else.
We, also have something in common,my significant other (my wife in this case) has no idea how bad my addiction has become. However, I feel that Iam stuck between a rock and a hard place due to my condition.
I will go ahead and ask and if you do not feel comfortabled then simply donot answer, I understand. How exactly did they catch you? What I mean is, did they stall until an officer arrived, or what? I only ask because I, too, have done this in the past.
Once again my prayers are with you and I hope to hear from you soon!!!!!

------------------
Graham McLachlen

Old 06-19-2003, 07:55 PM   #5
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
I didnt mean to be hard on him but doing something like that without asking what they are for could have done more harm to you than good thats all. The fact that he is helping you makes him a good man. I am happy you are doing well and being possitive I am just sorry it happend to you the way it did. God bless you will beat this.

Autumn.

Old 06-19-2003, 08:30 PM   #6

racingdaysRover HB User
Ubi,

Sorry to hear about the whole situation. Unfortunately sometimes these things happen, I think everybody has their breaking point with addiction, something bad enough to make them really be ready to quit. It might be the loss of somebody or incarceration. Sad to say, but alot of the time it is something usually really traumatic that brings us to this point. I, have to admit, was in your same shoes. I was arrested in Jax, FL, for trafficking of oxycontin. I bought 130 pills from the DEA, a deal set up by somebody else to save their own a$$. I never thought i would be in this situation. I come from a great family, well off and loving, have a college degree, and a good career, clean record, etc. Just like you, I got Rxed pain meds for a bad motorcycle accident 3 years ago and developed an addiction. I was on 120 hydrocodone 10s a month. It didnt take me long to start gobbling down 30 a day, and looking for more on the street. The police thought I was a drug dealer, but really all 130 of those were for me. I would buy enough to get a discount and not have to worry about being left hanging. I was always high. I guess me being in my new Corvette didnt help the whole look either, and yeah, they seized it suspecting I bought it with drug money. This was almost my breaking point. 7 days in jail, $20G for my lawyer, $15G for bail and a whole lot of headaches and embarrassement. I still used when i got out on bail. My wife saying she was going to leave me, and me looking around at all I lost (mostly, nearly all my $$$$), finally made me quit. My lawyer got my charges dropped to a misdemeanor, as I'm pretty sure yours will (although I'm no lawyer), but I'm still fighting to get it off my record (and paying of course). This is the first time I've admitted this whole incident on this board, but read your story and had to share mine. The good news now....it gets much better, and being 4 days now, it should start tomorrow or the next day. Everyday...a little better. Stay on the board, it was the only thing that got me through it. Lots of caring and knowledgable people here. Wish you luck, and think of how much more $$$ your about to save being pill free!!!!

-Ryan

PS- real nice detoxing in a F$%king cell, huh?! lol

Old 06-19-2003, 08:34 PM   #7

Ubi HB User
Chronic_Pancreatitis I am tempted not to answer how I got caught because I don't want to offer any help in forging prescriptions. After alot of debating with myself however I will tell you only because I want you to urge STRONGLY urge you to stop immediately.

It was a total fluke how I was busted. I had succeeded for over a year. In this case the original prescription was written for 5/500 quantity 10 and I altered it to read 7.5/500 quantity 40. I also had to change the hand written word ten to forty. I was caught because the Dr forgot to put the DEA number on the prescription and the pharmacist (trying to help me out and keep me from having to wait till Monday when he was in the office) called his after hours number to get it. In passing he mentioned what the prescription was written for just one of those wrap up things like "yeah lortab 5/500 quantity 10 thanks goodbye" at which time the pharmacist told him what she held in her hand.

The thing is I knew the DEA number wasn't on it and was so desperate I thought I could talk my way through it. After all I had done it before.

What is most important is this. I am facing up to 8 years in prison. What I have done to my family my children is worse than the pain of withdraw. My children are 1 and almost 6. If I go to jail what happens to them. the baby won't even know me. My oldest will be a teenager how could I possible expect him to respect me as a parent if I have gone away from him that long. Not to mention the shame they would feel, how would they explain it to their friends. It kills me. I keep thinking horrible thoughts like it would be easier for them to explain mommy is dead than mommy is in jail. But I remind myself that they would also think mommy didn't care enough about them to stick it out.

I also have to keep reminding myself not to be too fatalistic because I could still get off with the first offense act and not get any jail time. But while we are on the subject how should I deal with the severe depression and guilt.

Please don't forge anymore, even if you don't have children it is a felony and you will eventually be caught. And you know what I learned that was the greatest most shocking surprise? My husband did not react as badly as I feared. He has been so much more supportive than I ever dreamed. I urge you to think about confiding in you wife, she might surprise you. In fact if she is like my husband she might be a bit relieved to know what is going on cause she most likely suspects something is not right. I found out my husband feared I was having an affair because I would disappear for hours at Dr's offices and his imagination filled in the blanks I wasn't.

You know what the crazy thing is. The night before I prayed so hard that God would help me stop this. That he would help me get the help to stop this cycle. Well he did. Next time I'm going to be more specific though ehehe

Old 06-19-2003, 09:50 PM   #8
Inactive

FWCadeFoster HB User
Actually now that someone mentioned that, that is why I went into inpatient rehab this time, for bootleg prescriptions. I got away with it for years but I was seeing multiple Doctors and getting perscriptions for hypnotics and "minor" narcotics like lortab and trading them for more potent ones. I was really close to a currupt doctor though and I was filling scrips for hydromorphone and paying cash for them even though I had 2 insurances on record at the pharma. Man, they turned my *** in asap. I got a warning letter though from the DEA and they said that I was on "the DEA list" and now I cant even fill a schedule 5 drug w/o consent from the doctor. But that's it. I didn't get arrested. Just a warning. Sorry to hear that though That really sucks.

Old 06-20-2003, 03:01 PM   #9

Ubi HB User
RacingDay I never thought I would be in this situation either. I too come from a decent family have a college education and so on. What all the education did for me was make me better at the deceit and at breaking the law. The only reason I was caught was because out of desperation I passed a prescription knowing the DEA number was not on it and also knowing they would most likely call the Dr.

The worst of it is I had forgotten how much pain I have without the medicine. The disk is still bulging and pressing on the nerve, the arthritis is still there, and the vertebrae are still rubbing together as a result of my first surgery. And because I lost control I will most likely never be prescribed the medications that work.

Closed Thread