It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2003, 04:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User
Unhappy ULCER

Well I spent allllllllll day yesterday from about 4 a.m. to 1 in the afternoon in the ER. I have a bleeding ulcer!!!! I got this crazy stomach pain, that would not go away and then i started puking and the pain in my gut had my doubled over. After many tests and many different shots of meds they calmed it down and here I sit....scared to death to eat or drink anything. I don't want to go thru this again. I am so skinny and now they gave me this ridiculous list of food i can eat. Everything is bland, no caffeine, no spices.............Ugggggggggggggghhhhhh hhhhhhhhh!!!!!This is horrifying. I am so freakin sick to my stomach. Hate this, they say it is probably from stress and eating crappy food, of course, I "forgot" to tell them my 10 a day pain pill habit. No more tylenol or asprin for me, that stuff kills your gut. My son has all=star practice at 9:00 this morning and I have no clue how the hell I am gonna make it there. Never mind the fact ...what would've happened if this occurs when they have my husband incarcerated???? I HAVE NO ONE!!!! God my health has been horrible for months now. Definitely feeling sorry for myself today.
Lisa

Old 06-21-2003, 06:33 AM   #2
Veteran

Risky Business HB User
Lisahubb: Please calm down some. It makes your stomach worse believe me. I have had 3 bleeding ulcers. Usually alcohol, avil, or anti-inflammatories can cause this. Or a combination of all.

I have also had 3 scopes put down my throat and slid down into my stomach. It is not pleasant but not as bad as it may sound. My bleeding had stopped which means they done it just to make sure.

I have not heard you meantion the black tar yet. That is the most diqusting part of it all. It will take a few days to clear your stomack depending on how much you have been bleeding.

I can tell you they almost put you out....they gave me demerol and some other meds to calm me. I needed it and they said I needed anxiety meds. I told them I was already on them.

I think you will be fine. I think if you were bleeding bad or dangerous...they would have already done the scope. The scope is unpleaseant but if you can keep breathing out your nose you should be fine.

I do hope you are ok and keep us posted. Take care Lisahubb, (((hugs))) Risky Business

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2003, 09:36 AM   #3
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
Dear Lisa...what did they give you for it?? I wasnt bleeding but 10 years of NSAID use caught up with me too and landed me in the ER as well. They gave me Losec then Nexium and now that it is under control I am on Ranitidine 150 mg. You need something strong now like Nexium it heals the damage and yes it does work you take it once a day. Please look into it as you need to heal my friend. God bless you.

Autumn

Old 06-21-2003, 09:52 AM   #4

deerme HB User
HI LISA, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR STOMACH. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER. MY PM APPOINTMENT HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 8-6-03. SHE IS SUPPOSED TO BE VERY GOOD SO I HOPE ITS WORTH THE WAIT. WENT CAMPING LAST NIGHT, THE RAIN HELD OFF TIL ABOUT 1:00 AM. WE LEFT AT ABOUT 10:00 THIS MORNING. LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER SH**** DAY. TURN 41 TODAY, STILL KINDA DEPRESSED, I HOPE THIS PASSES SOON, I HAVE MY 4 YR. OLD NIECE TIL NEXT SAT. HER AND MY YOUNGEST FIGHT ALL THE TIME OH-BOY. TAKE CARE. PAUL

Old 06-21-2003, 10:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User
They gave me prevacid---it is supposed to heal and cut the acid down. I am stressed to the max and I know it doesn't help but I can't seem to relax. Drinking maalox like it is going out of style. That seems to give me the runs....or it could still be w/d but i doubt it. going to the civic center tonight to see WWE wrestling Unleashed. It should be fun for a change. We have floor seats, which my husband got for free thru work because he is a supervisor for a cable co. Well that's all for now!!
Lisa

Closed Thread