It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2003, 07:07 PM   #1
Veteran

rlcowboy HB User
Question another question about oxycontin

Ok I have another question about oxycontin. I was telling yall a few weeks back before I was put back on oxycontin I got where I was taking too many Lortab 10s a day and when I ran out I went through terriable withdrawals and I believe that those were the worst 4 days of my life and at that point I made up my mind that I did not want to suffer like that again so I tappered down to taking no more than 4 a day and I was doing fine, but when I went to the pm doctor he put me back on oc and from what I've read it will give you even worse withdrawals, is that right?? and if so, I only take 2 a day, by only taking that amount I really dont see how you can tapper off 2 a day so how will I get off these things???? I gotta tell ya,those withdrawals really make me worry!!

Old 06-23-2003, 09:12 PM   #2
Inactive

FWCadeFoster HB User
ok, think of your brain as a dog. If you feed a dog from the table it's going to expect human food and will stop eating it's dog food.

By taking narcotics all you are doing is giving your brain a free ride. The more you give it, the more it will expect. That's why you'll notice the wd symptoms of certain drugs are the opposite effect it gives you.
Oxycontin will be more harsh because it is more potent than lortab and per mg more potent than morphine but it dosesn't spark all the receptors pure morphine does.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2003, 09:32 PM   #3
Veteran

rlcowboy HB User
Question

I uunderstand that, but how do you stop taking it without the awful withdrawals, from what Ive read when people are put on oxycontin its usually for a long time, right? cause its perscribed to people that have had chronic pain and not suposed to be perscribed to people that are recovering from a sudden injury. I am wondering since I just started this oxycontin will I be on it for a while or will the pain managment doctor take me off after my script runs out cause we are going to try an epidural injectin in a few weeks but he said it may or may not work, but I was wondering if he is gonna want me to stop my pain meds to see if the injections are working but even while taking the oxy twice daily I stay in pain to about a 5 to 6 all the time! and if so are the withdrawals comming again, it really concerns me alot!!

Old 06-24-2003, 08:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

chefob1 HB User
mr. foster....dont all opiates turn into morphine once your body digests it...even the synthetics turn to morpho in your body...im on methadone again...swore id never go back on it....to reclaim my life from buprenex(suboxone).....to reclaim my life from lortabs,percs,oxy's,ect.....id take any opiate available to me for last 10 years....w/d"s are different for everyone...some the sleep is the big factor....others its the diahrea....others its the kickinn/inability to focus,goosebumps,heat rashes,blood pressure....my new doc promises me i'll have limited w/ds even on done methadone...they did it wrong for me back in 1984....told me clonidine goes right to kappa,mu receptors and helps...my doc was an addict also...the most potent narc on the planet he told me....it gives me promise hes been sober for 10 years and if he can kick i will too!!!!

Old 06-24-2003, 09:12 AM   #5
Inactive

LITTLEREDDODGEC HB User
HI CHEFOB, I DON'T REALLY KNOW ALOT ABOUT DRUGS ETC. JUST NO THAT VIS MADE ME FEEL REAL HAPPY. ANYWAYS I WAS WONDERING WHAT IS METHODINE, IS IT AN OPIATE TO? AND HOW DOES IT HELP YOU WITHDRAWELS FROM OPIATES, IF ITS AN OPIATE?

------------------
LITTLERED

Old 06-24-2003, 09:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

chefob1 HB User
its a synthetic form of opiates...if you think you felt bad getting off of vikes....dont ever inquire about methadone...under conroled circumstances it helps certain individuals maintain...if your knowledge is limited, keep it that way...thats why the govt. has controlled substances, it warns you on the medicine bottle stuff may be habit forming...if you felt you were addicted to vikes..stay away from pain med opiates..you can get hooked again and it will be worse

Old 06-24-2003, 10:19 AM   #7

MScontin HB User
CHEFOB-
I WAS ON METH FOR 4 YRS(AND I WILL NOT , REPEAT NOT GET ON 'DONE AGAIN) http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif
AS FOR THE SUBOXONE, I AM CURRENTLY ON 8mg/DAY, AND I FEEL INCREDABLY DIFFERENT, 2 MO'S AFTER STOPPING THE DEADLY DOSING.
MY POINT :
WAS YOUR ORDEAL W/ SUBOXONE BETTER OR WORSE?? WERE YOUR W/D'S WORSE ON A CERTIAN ONE?
I GOT ON IT, MAILY TO GET OFF METH( I HAD 1/2 MY NORMAL W'D, FOR 6-7 DAY'S ) WHCH IS MUCH. MUCH BETTER THAN A 3 MONTH DETOX OFF IT(YES, I READ ON A POST A BOUT METHADONE BEING THE MOST POTENT, IT'S PURE,(LIKE OXY'S AND MORPHINE) AND IS A LARGE MOLECULE, THERFORE LONG W/D'S!! I DO THINK, IN MY OPINION, FENTANYL CITRATE IS THE MOST http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/wow.gif POTENT OPIATE/OID
I'VE ALWAYS LIKED MY NAME(MY CHOICE DRUG), I GUESS BECUZ' IT'S ALREADY IN THE CORRECT FORM?
A.C.
RED IF YOU HAVE ANY SPECIFIC CONCERNS, JUST ASK, I'LL BE HAPPY TO RETURN. I HOPE WHA I WROTE ABOVE HELPED.
I HAD A 2 PAGE LETTER WRITTEN UP ON MY METH EXPERIENCE
BUT I PUT TOO MANY OF THESE!

Closed Thread