It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2003, 06:48 AM   #1
Inactive

take2many HB User
Question My atty mad because I want to stop meds!!!!

For those who read my first post, i finally took the first step yesterday. I called the 2nd dr's office and told his nurse I had found another dr to please discharge me. i really already had another dr, but....just to cover my a$$!! Anyway, I had gone that far, so I decided to be brave and take yet another step...i had my monthly appt with my reg dr yesterday also. I DID get my meds, which I wasn't too proud of, but this time I got them for legit pain and I am going to try to wean myself off. Here's the thing...I've been seeing this dr for 5 years for a back injury from an accident. I've had every test and procedure done except surgery, which I'm trying to avoid. Last night while sitting up thinking about how screwed up my life is because of these meds, I decided to write my attorney (that's handling the injury case) a letter, stating that I felt I was "beginning" to have an addiction problem with the meds and that I wanted to be discharged from any and all physicians they had me seeing and consulting with, and to please contact me when they are able to reach a settlement. I faxed the letter to his office last night. Well, bright and early this morning, I get a call from his very angry secretary, basically yelling at me, saying I HAVE to go to the dr, and i HAVE to get the meds filled even if I don't take them!!! Her reasoning for this?? If i'm not taking meds, the insurance co won't think I'm really hurt! UGHHHHH!!!!! I'm telling this woman i have an addiction, and all they're worried about is how hurt i "look" to the insurance co! how do you wean off of 30+ pills per day though? the original dose is each med 3x/day, which is 12 pills a day. There's no way I can make such a drastic change. Not only do i not have the willpower, but my tolerance is so high, I won't even get any relief from that dose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2003, 06:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chefob1 HB User
what is more important in your life....collecting some cash-o-la's or your life....i choose your life for you...right here and now...i was doing 30-40 a day...vikes,lortab 10,oxcy's 180mg,tussionex,any opiate i could get my little hands on .....for the last 5 years real heavy....tried every detox process known to man....have finally figured out tis our brain doin the screamin...all us opiate heads sooner or later have to suffer thru the w/d's...we do everything to make them as light as possible and in all cases one or two issues stand out....sleeplessness...diahrea....leg cramps....fever.....blood pressure...theres no way to skirt the issue except get the crap out of our system...deal with the pain/agany....dont use opiates again..ever...unless we follow a drs advice and hopefully a good doc at that...cause a few ive seen do not know about addiction...the one ive finally met,was an addict himself....he got the best.....but now has found his calling dealing with people with my disease and will help me beat this thing...the last one taught me about our receptors,mu and kappa brain....alot of info...i thought he knew his stuff when he told me he autopsied 500 addists brains and what went wrong with tyhe wiring...in the end he only wanted my cash too......good luck,12c step it, seek advice and help and we will beat it together....

Old 06-24-2003, 06:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefortoday HB User
Good post chefob1! Take2many . . . sounds like the lawsuit and attorney are just another lure from your addiction to get you to use again. Good luck!

Closed Thread