It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2003, 04:52 PM   #1
Veteran

verylucky HB User
Post Lane...how are things going?

Lane,
We haven't heard from you since you posted about 11 last night. Please let us know how you are doing and what's going on.

verylucky

Old 09-22-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User
Lane---I was just thinking about you....i hope you are alright.....please be strong...
LISA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2003, 05:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lane71501 HB User
hey,
i'm alright i guess. my sponsor called last night and i didn't answer the phone. i guess i should call her sometime today. well, yesteray was total proof of how i can't drink. i felt like complete crap all day.
as to the rest of my life, i think my husband is very disappointed in me. says he wished he had the time i did. i know my sponsor is going to be mad at me. i am broke until thursday when i get paid. at least my child has food and what he needs. my mom told me this morning that my cat the i got when i was in college 13 years ago is dying. he has been at the vet for the last few days. we found out he is diabetic and we think his kidneys are failing. the only bright spots in my day so far are my son is doing great sleeping in the "big boy" bed and i didn't drink. i don't know how our marriage is. naturally sunday night we got in a fight. oh well. our 4th anniversary is thursday and i don't have any money to do anything. i'm sure he'll forget anyway. well, sorry this is so depressing. i'll check back in later after i go get some work done.

Old 09-23-2003, 05:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lane71501 HB User
hey,
i'm alright i guess. my sponsor called last night and i didn't answer the phone. i guess i should call her sometime today. well, yesteray was total proof of how i can't drink. i felt like complete crap all day.
as to the rest of my life, i think my husband is very disappointed in me. says he wished he had the time i did. i know my sponsor is going to be mad at me. i am broke until thursday when i get paid. at least my child has food and what he needs. my mom told me this morning that my cat the i got when i was in college 13 years ago is dying. he has been at the vet for the last few days. we found out he is diabetic and we think his kidneys are failing. the only bright spots in my day so far are my son is doing great sleeping in the "big boy" bed and i didn't drink. i don't know how our marriage is. naturally sunday night we got in a fight. oh well. our 4th anniversary is thursday and i don't have any money to do anything. i'm sure he'll forget anyway. well, sorry this is so depressing. i'll check back in later after i go get some work done.

Old 09-23-2003, 09:42 AM   #5
Veteran

verylucky HB User
Lane,
Please call your sponsor and be honest with her. Okay?
verylucky

Old 09-23-2003, 09:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefortoday HB User
Lane . . . hang in there. Things only get worse if you continue to drink. You can do this!!

Old 09-24-2003, 06:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lane71501 HB User
hey y'all!
just another boring workday. i talked to my sponsor for about an hour last night. she's pretty cool. supposed to meet her at the 8 PM meeting tonight. hello.....white chip......yuck! i told her i wanted to go to another meeting where i didn't know anyone and she said that wasn't the point and to get my butt to my home group.
on the marriage front, y'all know i set the 30th as a deadline for him to shape up or else everyone will know his secrets. yesterday, got home and he tells me that he went to the methadone clinic since he can't take it anymore. so i guess that is a step in the right direction. he is supposed to meet me at the counselor's today but we'll see about that one.
can anyone out there explain what meth does? i have heard it is harder to get off of than the real deal.
laney

Old 09-24-2003, 07:06 AM   #8
Veteran

verylucky HB User
Layne,
It sounds like things are moving in the right direction for you. I hope they continue that way.

As far as the meth goes, it is, basically, an opiate with a real long half life. In other words, it stays in your system much longer and, therefore, a single dose can prevent the W/Ds for coming on for a long time (24-72 hours depending on your body chemistry).

As far as it being harder to get off of, I don't have any personal experience but, from what I've read on this board and other places, it appears that the W/Ds are much worse if you go C/T but that you can do a very, very slow and progressive taper without all the withdrawal symptoms. Again, this is not my first-hand knowledge and is simply what I have read posted by others.

Take care and good luck with the counselor today,
verylucky

Old 09-24-2003, 07:13 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

lane71501 HB User
hey vl!
he had his 1st dose yesterday and said it was the 1st time in months that he didn't feel like his mind was racing, etc.
he did say that maybe to look at my slip as hey, you drank 2 days in the past 6 months. that is something.
i don't ever know if my life is going in the right direction. usually when i think it is something comes up and screws the whole deal up! today, i am really tired and am totally bored at work.
btw, had a dr appt yesterday and i get to go do a sleep study in the next few weeks to find out what is wrong with my being excessively tired while getting the right amount of sleep and nothing else physically wrong with me.

Old 09-24-2003, 07:20 AM   #10
Inactive

sadsister HB User
layne..
hope you are doing ok.Methadone is hard to come off..but i have a friend whose been using dope for 15 yrs. and just did the clinic for 3 yrs..came down really slow and was fine.he also went thru interfuron treatment for hepc at the same time..and came out the other end hep c free and drug free...so there is hope!!
Im not active in AA/NA but do go to meetings occasionally and it really helps so many people..so many people i used w/ are now in the program and really have there lives together.
I am also married to an addict..14 yrs..we used together after 6/7 yrs of being together and cleaned up together/relapsed/etc.Its really hard when a couple has to deal w/this..one wants to use..the others ready to blow it off..back n' forth..but it can also bring you closer by working together to beat it!!
I wish you all good things..just keep communication open as much as possible w/ your mate...i have a tendancy to go inward..it always causes problems..try to be nice to each other..since you both have the same issues..and good boy! to your son..i remember when..hes 19 now and a blessing in my crazy life..
heather

Old 09-24-2003, 07:47 AM   #11
Veteran

verylucky HB User
Lane (sorry about the misspelling earlier),
I don't know if any of us ever know for sure if we are going in the right direction, all we can do is try to do the next right thing in our lives and the rest of it is really out of our control. It sounds like you and your husband are doing the "next right thing" by going to counseling, him using the meth, etc. Try to focus on the positives.

Thanks for the input sadsister... that was really helpful.

Take care and keep posting,
verylucky

Closed Thread