It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2003, 07:17 PM   #1

2good2goback HB User
Smile SUBOXONE Just checking in

Still doing great on Suboxone, Now time to get my life back in order, I left everything to my ex in mid 2000 so my daughter wouldn't have to suffer. I really let myself get burned there,and I think I want a girl friend in my life for once. Lets see what happens, I know my daughter is sad to see me alone, I shouldn'y have to much trouble I'm in great shape, and my ex was a Hooters girl @ 35

Time to start living again!!!

Old 10-19-2003, 08:53 AM   #2
(female)

toomany HB User
I'm glad to see the sub is working well for you and you are feeling like living again. I know my 20 yr old son sooo wants me to find someone too. For the last few years I have had no interest really in a relationship. How could I? It would interfere with my pill taking.

It is inspiringg when those that feel better post about it. Thanks for that. It gives us all hope.

Patty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2003, 09:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User
togood how long have ya been takin sub and what were ya addicted to and how much were ya doin that made ya go to suboxone-spark

Old 10-19-2003, 12:04 PM   #4

2good2goback HB User
To spark-o-cet
I you have heard on it, I have taken it, My main reason Morphine, Opuim, and Methadone at the last, 100 mg of hydrocodone would not even phase me. 200mg of methadone and 80 mg of Hydrocodone did give me a good buzz for about 6 hours.
I have access to about anything, and as we all know we are sneaky as hell.

But I feel great and have since I started wxcept the firsy 1-3 days.

Great day to be alive, taking my 10 year old daughter ro a movie gotta got

Hope I have not broken any house rules

Thanks
Billy

Old 10-19-2003, 01:06 PM   #5

Hohn kim HB User
Thumbs up

dear 2good2goback,

i am happy that you made all right. I have a question and beg for your advice please.

I have been addicted to opiom (smoking between 4 to 10 grams per day for 15-20 years). recently I decreaed it seriously and planning to quit. once i used dihydrocodeine and worked for 4-5 hours (around 24 mg of it)

i do not have access to medication, and have been ripped off a couple of times though those scammers claimung sending meds.

anyway, i thought telling my doc is a good way so that i can get some med and gradually stop. but are they legally supposed to send me to a rehab center?

what is the best way for me in terms of med that can be used to quit. my work does not permit a leave for a case lke this!

recently i got some 100 naroxone pills (if i write the name right, as it is not handy and my son is on my lap)
is it good ? or antagonists make it worse?

your advice is appreciated in advance.

Old 10-21-2003, 01:37 PM   #6

2good2goback HB User
Wink

naloxone hydrochloride with put you in withdrawl will be very intense for abor 1.5 hours

Go to the FDA Subutex, Suboxone web sight, I'm very sleepy at this time so my spelling will be bad, find a doctor that can give these meds, call all of them until you get someone to see you, if you are if the Atlanta GA area I can give you his cell phone # will call back in 10mins if he doesn't answer. the pain form comes in .3mg the Subutex ans Suboxone come in 2 to 8 mg, some if you hsve the pain form you will have to take a lot. you will go thru withdrawl om 8 mg for 1-2 days but it's no where near full withdrawl. you will want to be out of work at least 2 days

[This message has been edited by AddictionMod (edited 10-21-2003).]

Old 10-21-2003, 04:51 PM   #7

2good2goback HB User
Wink

Opium is one of the hardest to come off of, because it contains everything morphine, codeine, and some other they still don't know about. I tried Hydrocodone, but it didn't work at any amount. Do not go to rehab, that is a revolving, At most find a samhsa center for Methadone treatment until you can find a Subutex, Suboxone doctor, Methadone will get rid of all withdrawl once they get your dosing right. Problem is you will have to go there every morning, Itís worth the effort, When you switch to Subutex, Suboxone you will have the first 3 day are rough, the first is the worst, but nothing like full withdrawl, If you start on a fridat, you should be ready for work on Monday, there is so much more to tell, youíre life will change as you never imagined.

[This message has been edited by AddictionMod (edited 10-21-2003).]

Closed Thread