It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2003, 07:22 PM   #1

IRUINEDMYLIFE HB User
Time to pay the Piper!

Wow.

I really screwed up my life bad.. and now I gotta suffer and try to get it back. It's easy to get addicted to something but it's something else to try and get off..

I sit here in my place balling my eyes out, thinking how I ever got addicted to Dexedrine. It slowly and secretly started to take over my life and now I want it back.

I read alot of people stories on these boards and only hope I have 1/10th the strength most of you people do.

I've been on Dexedrine for 8 months now and at a high dosage (60mg/day). This is the 2nd day with none and it hurts sooo bad. The depression, headaches, tiredness, restless sleep.. I feel SO alone, locked up in a room and the minutes seem like days. Not to mention my family just left for 2 weeks...

Please pass along any kind/motivating words. I could really use them about now.

take care and god bless.

Old 11-25-2003, 07:25 PM   #2
Inactive

John 808 HB User
Re: Time to pay the Piper!

What is dexedrine? Maybe I can help when you tell me what that is?

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2003, 07:57 PM   #3
(female)

KIMBEE HB User
Thumbs up Re: Time to pay the Piper!

It is a good sign that you have acknowledged that it is a problem. Are there any NA meetings around the area where you live? Sometimes that's a good start. There's always caring people there to help. It also helps to post information on line to get feedback from people that know what your going through. Believe me you're not alone. Keep in touch and good luck.

Old 11-25-2003, 08:13 PM   #4

Bobby D HB User

Someone who is near and dear to me, Went through what you are going through now. It was not easy but they got past it.It is not something you should do alone. all I did was to be there for them. Please try and have someone to help you. And as I can see; never stop praying for help and strength.I will be praying for You.

Old 11-25-2003, 10:10 PM   #5

scared1978 HB User

I took ambien for 2 months and apparently my body got hooked on it. I never abused it but when I ran out for 4 nights I had horrible vivid dreams, night sweats, and woke up with this horrible feeling of helplessness and loneliness. I was afraid to go to sleep at all those 4 nights. Seriously..

The 5th night I only recall maybe one dream but it was ok.

My guess is that since you have made it through 2 nights you should only have 2 left. But it should get progressively better through those nights.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:04 AM   #6

IRUINEDMYLIFE HB User

Thanks for your kind words.

Dexedrine is a CNS stimulant. Very strong.

I am going to AADAC today at 1 PM to talk to a councellor and see what they say.

Old 11-26-2003, 11:04 AM   #7

mik577 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 3:16
What is dexedrine? Maybe I can help when you tell me what that is?

Michelle
Dexies are capsules with amphetamine (speed) in them. Usually a Doctor has to prescribe them, but they can be gotten off the "street". "Where there is the spirit of the Lord, there is liberty." (2 Cor 3:17)

Old 11-26-2003, 11:19 AM   #8

mik577 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRUINEDMYLIFE
Thanks for your kind words.

Dexedrine is a CNS stimulant. Very strong.

I am going to AADAC today at 1 PM to talk to a councellor and see what they say.
Do you get your dexies from a doctor? You'd better tell him that your strung (addicted), & maybe he will have some ideas or referrals for you. I think it takes about 3 days to detox & another 3 for your body to recover. But don"t fool yourself. I used to detox for 3 to 6 days just so I could get really high after I had detoxed. Bad move on my part cause now I have end-stage liver disease. In Jan. 03 My Doc even told me I should think about writing my will while I was there in the hospital. You have a chance to kick...take that chance & live. Love, mik577

Old 11-26-2003, 04:23 PM   #9
Inactive

John 808 HB User

mik77,
If you don't mind me asking, what did you take and for how long? That scares me about the liver disease. Are you being treated? I am so sorry for you. I would love to hear more about your story- my one year old is screaming right now, so I have to go. I'll check in later,

Michelle

Old 11-26-2003, 04:53 PM   #10
(female)

Nikka HB User

Yeah that liver thing is frightening. I wonder if I've managed to screw mine up. Scary thoughts. All my prayers your way - that is to all who visit this board!!

Old 11-26-2003, 05:38 PM   #11
(female)

toomany HB User

Hello,

You can get through this. I don't know much about Dex except that it is amphetamine...right? What I would do is seek the help of a doctor to help get you tapered off? Were you perscribed this med or just taking it for the buzz? Only asking because I thought if a doc prescribed it, he/she could help you get off of it. You are not in a hopeless situation. You can get off. Perhaps you can find an addictionologist. I thought the meeting suggestions was good to in a previous post to you. There is a lot of knowledge in those rooms.

Seach the site and see if you can find some similar posts. Read, read, read. Keep posting. Tell us what you found out and what you have decided to do. We are here to support you.
Sorry, just read previous post of yours...you are seeing a counselor. Great news!
Patty

Last edited by toomany; 11-26-2003 at 05:41 PM.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:14 PM   #12

IRUINEDMYLIFE HB User

Yes I was prescribed them by my family doctor.

Im not doing to bad now. I was taking 60mg/day and now Im down to 20mg/day. Just a little more to go.

Old 11-27-2003, 03:43 AM   #13
(female)

toomany HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRUINEDMYLIFE
Yes I was prescribed them by my family doctor.

Im not doing to bad now. I was taking 60mg/day and now Im down to 20mg/day. Just a little more to go.

Great. How are you feeling?

Patty

Old 10-12-2004, 08:34 PM   #14

MikeCheck HB User

I'm so mad right now! A moment ago, I was typing a lengthy response about my Dexedrine experience, but accidentally deleted it. I have ADHD, which explains my encounters with Dexedrine and the fact that I don't have the patience to retype my prior response. I've been on and off this drug since 2000. At one point, my Doctor prescribed me 40 mg a day. I would eventually take the liberty to triple the dosage. To assist with the side-effects, my friendly doctor also prescribed me Xanax for those sleepless irritable nights, but there was no match. Dexedrine still reigned and Xanax wound up looking like a lil' *****. When I eventually did get the privilege of encountering Mr. Sand Man, I would sleep for days. The longest I slept would be three days straight and I'm not even being dramatic. I would awake still exhausted and it would take a couple of days to get back into the swing of things. I would be so drained, even though I slept for days. At work, I would doze off at my desk and on the toilet. I had to take matters into my own hands, so I took it upon myself to significantly increased the dosage. I'm bored now! Look, I actually retyped some of my response. I would have never did this if it wasn't for the Dexedrine. I guess I'll type more later. Oh, did u know Hugh Hefner abused this drug while building that litlle empire known as Playboy.

Closed Thread