It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2004, 10:20 AM   #1

Shereen24 HB User
24 and Addicted To Colonics

Wow, I cant believe I am writing this but here it goes.

I am 24 and a few months back a started hydro colonic therapy which is colonics. I did it at first to relieve myself of bad eatting habbits I had and also to reap the benifits of losing weight, riding myself of acne, and ALL the other benifits that comes a long with it. Especially energy. At first I use to hate making myself go get the treatment.

I am now 7 colonics in and I love it. I get it done 1x biweekly. However, I am now starting to rely on it to make me feel better. When I am down and eating too much, i will make an appointment to get it done again. I will have it done again now only after 1 week after having it done before.

I feel like I need it and do not think I can give it up. Its expensive. $75 a colonic, but I dont care. Help!

Old 02-29-2004, 11:31 AM   #2

headphone HB User
Re: 24 and Addicted To Colonics

I did 3 colonics to try to get rid of acne. Maybe I should have gone more times, but my mom was paying for it and it was embarrassing to convince her to let me do it. It didn't do anything for my skin, plus I continued eating crap when the sessions were through. If you don't mind me asking, did you get alot of good waste removed. I was expecting to see alien lifeforms and lost keys, but it wasn't very dramatic. As for your addiction, I remember reading that after the initial cleaning you should do it like every other month. So just do like 10 or 12 sessions and then eat healthy and go back for upkeep. If you're addicted because you think it's getting rid of the junk food and will keep you trim, it probably isn't very effective. By the time the food gets to your colon your body has stored the fat from it, the weight you lose is just left over crap in your colon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2004, 11:39 AM   #3

Shereen24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by headphone
I did 3 colonics to try to get rid of acne. Maybe I should have gone more times, but my mom was paying for it and it was embarrassing to convince her to let me do it. It didn't do anything for my skin, plus I continued eating crap when the sessions were through. If you don't mind me asking, did you get alot of good waste removed. I was expecting to see alien lifeforms and lost keys, but it wasn't very dramatic. As for your addiction, I remember reading that after the initial cleaning you should do it like every other month. So just do like 10 or 12 sessions and then eat healthy and go back for upkeep. If you're addicted because you think it's getting rid of the junk food and will keep you trim, it probably isn't very effective. By the time the food gets to your colon your body has stored the fat from it, the weight you lose is just left over crap in your colon.

Hello,

I see where you went wrong. Going back to eat the same junk will not help any problem go away that colonics can do for you. I have changed my eating habbits since starting the cleansing process and I have seen dramatic improvements in my skin, hair, nails, energy, weight, ect... What i am on now is a 8 colonic cleansing program where I am required to take some pills and liquids. There was one colonic that I was required to take these pills and it removed paracites trapped in the colon. It was red, and freaky. Now I am on the 7th one and I am ending the cleansing process of removing the tough waste that is stuck on the walls.

However, even when I complete the 8th one, I feel like I will still do it becuause I have to. There are times when I feel down, and eat bad things, and then I get paranoid and want to do coloinics. I also do what I have to to find the money to get it done, at least biweekly.

It feels so confortable and relaxing and I love it. I know im getting stuck on it and I actually want to.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

It doesn't sound like you need to continue doing this to yourself. Sounds a little more like obsessive compusive than addiction... just my opinion. I've also heard that it can severely dehydrate you and you have to be really careful.

Anyway, I was actually thinking of getting it done but I don't know anything about it. Can you tell me? Of course, I don't want to do it forever... just a few times.

Old 02-29-2004, 12:00 PM   #5

Shereen24 HB User

To tell you about colonics, Ill take this information from my center's brochure:

Colonics can help elimiate toxic waste from our colon which can effect our health so negatively. The treatment is safe and relaxing. A soothing flow of warm water gently circulates throughout the colon, coaxing the body to realease the impacted wast that has accumlated. Harmful fungi and bacterial are eliminated. The old toxic mucus lining of the bowel is released and likewise eliminated. Once the colon is clean the body and mind benifit immeasurably. Clients report and improvement in appreaance, mental attitute and overall physical health. Skin tone improves, weatloss is promoted, and stress is reliaved. The craving for junk food is alleviated. Constipation and discomforting abdominal paid are often eliminated. A feeling of energy replaces the old run down feeling that was once like second nature. No wonder many world renowned clebrities use colon therapy on a regular basis for optimal health.

Old 02-29-2004, 12:03 PM   #6

Shereen24 HB User

I also should mention that before I started colonics, I use to try to force myself to through up, I just couldnt. So I would take 5 laxitives every weekend. Then that started to cramp my stomach. So, I guess colonic is my way to release without throwing up or taking lots of laxitives.

Old 02-29-2004, 10:07 PM   #7

billiejean2003 HB User

Hi, Can You Tell Me Are Colonic's Safe When On Methadone??

Billiejean

Old 03-01-2004, 12:24 AM   #8

headphone HB User

Why did you force yourself to throw up? Is getting colonics some strange way of purging for you? What do you mean you want to get them when you feel down? Colonics supposedly make your colon function smoother than the majority people so even if you slip and eat bad it should be easier to digest and get rid of. Does your appearance have something to do with getting colonics? Do you think they keep you in shape? I can see how they are fun in terms of being good to your body but not like a hobby or amusement. Are you busy and have to find time to do colonics or do you do them because you've got too much time on your hands and colonics can take up a good chunk of a day? I don't mean for any of the questions to sound rude, they just popped in my head when I read this post.

Old 03-01-2004, 01:07 AM   #9
Veteran

Pootsi HB User

Shereen,
I think a colonic irrigation is good when you do it in the beginning to clean up all the old stuff, then maybe once a yr or 6 mths.
It does sound like you have become addicted to it, like it was a kind of fix.
I would be concerned about your colon losing it's natural ability to do it's own work since you have become so habitual with it.
I mean it has it's own natural ecosystem.
Also, think about the natural flora that you are losing or have already lost. It's not going to produce anymore of it's own keeping that up to much.
You may become constipated easily without natural flora along with other problems.
I would cut down a lot, you may be causing damage if you don't.
Pootsi-

Old 03-01-2004, 04:01 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

I agree - it sounds almost like an eating disorder but in reverse. You obviously are doing it for the weight loss. I just read that the weight loss is only temporary because it's basically waste (WATER). Therefore, when you eat again, whether healthy or not, your colon will continue to fill up w/waste and if you are stop doing this, then you can eliminate the waste naturally. You are really going to hurt yourself if you continue this pattern. Do you see a counselor? Would you consider?

Old 03-01-2004, 08:05 AM   #11

Shereen24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiejean2003
Hi, Can You Tell Me Are Colonic's Safe When On Methadone??

Billiejean

I have no idea, never experienced methadone. Is that a drug?

Old 03-01-2004, 09:08 AM   #12
Inactive

yinksy HB User

Sorry - just so disagree! This is just bunkum!
The human gut has been here for thousands of years - functioning just fine without this nonsense of colonic irrigation! It is total crap! (literally!!)
Your gut functions normally and fine - it is supposed to have loads of bacteria in it ............... all you do when you have colonic irrigation is to upset all this, remove all the helpful and useful flora and fauna. Literally upset the pH and balance of the colon. Its total madness. Just another way of lightening your wallet and making charletans rich.
Think about it - for goodness sake?
And at worst - you will end up with gut problems, infection etc.
Stop now - get real.
Y

Old 03-01-2004, 12:27 PM   #13

Shereen24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinksy
Sorry - just so disagree! This is just bunkum!
The human gut has been here for thousands of years - functioning just fine without this nonsense of colonic irrigation! It is total crap! (literally!!)
Your gut functions normally and fine - it is supposed to have loads of bacteria in it ............... all you do when you have colonic irrigation is to upset all this, remove all the helpful and useful flora and fauna. Literally upset the pH and balance of the colon. Its total madness. Just another way of lightening your wallet and making charletans rich.
Think about it - for goodness sake?
And at worst - you will end up with gut problems, infection etc.
Stop now - get real.
Y

Thank you for your so kind words. However, you should read more about the subject before you respond. Not everyones colon functions properly and some people do need colonics to help the flow of everything. I perfer to do it because of the effect. I replace the good bacteria that is removed by taking acidophilious pills, referred by my colonic tech. Ultimately, I am a healthly person, who likes the benifits that I get with colonics. So, telling me to "get real" is an understatement, becuase physically, I am as "real" as a girls going to get.

Closed Thread