It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 04:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User
chefob need your help

chefob i wrote apost about questions about methadone could you read it and offer me some help if you dont mind i'd really appreciate it thanks so much kellleigh

Last edited by no patience; 04-20-2004 at 04:29 PM. Reason: yellow doesnt show up

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2004, 04:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chefob1 HB User
Re: chefob need you help

wow....its hard readin that post...do you see it as yellow also?....yes,im on methadone 60mg,20mg 3 times a day....been on it since june.....was on it back in 1984 also.....before june i was on buprenex,which is the parental drug of subutex/suboxone.....i read one of your threads on some side effects youve been feelin i think....i agree with a reply that said i dont think its the methadone two months later giving you concern...i too,think its a different underlying condition....shoot me a question or chit chat and ill get back after 9pm eastern time...i gotta run for now....i wont forget you....chef

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2004, 05:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefob1
wow....its hard readin that post...do you see it as yellow also?....yes,im on methadone 60mg,20mg 3 times a day....been on it since june.....was on it back in 1984 also.....before june i was on buprenex,which is the parental drug of subutex/suboxone.....i read one of your threads on some side effects youve been feelin i think....i agree with a reply that said i dont think its the methadone two months later giving you concern...i too,think its a different underlying condition....shoot me a question or chit chat and ill get back after 9pm eastern time...i gotta run for now....i wont forget you....chef
chefob i posted you in the questions about methadone about all the questions you asked read them please i need your help on this so bad post back ok thanks kelleigh

Old 04-22-2004, 06:16 AM   #4

tryinmybest HB User

I was on long term methadone several times during my life. I was first on a program in the mid 70's. I was on dosed as high as 80 mg and for periods of time from 2-7 years. I was not really concerned at the time with truely working on my sobriety. My detoxes came due to being kicked off because of dirty urines, or going to jail. I read your posts and agree with Chef. Your symptoms are most likely not from the meth withdrawal. It does take up to a month to really start sleeping. The withdrawal is not as severe as heroin or other shorter acting opiates, but it sure is long. After 60 days your body should really be on track to healing. The real rough part is the first 30 days. If I were you I would go to a seperate Doc and have a complete physical. I'm surely not a Doc but after 60 days physically you should really be on the mend. The real hard part is now. How do you remain drug free? I recomend NA or another aggresive form of after care. One thing that might answer some questions. All of my meth was taken once a day at a clinic. Good luck and I'll be glad to share my experiences if it will help.

TMB

Old 04-22-2004, 06:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinmybest
I was on long term methadone several times during my life. I was first on a program in the mid 70's. I was on dosed as high as 80 mg and for periods of time from 2-7 years. I was not really concerned at the time with truely working on my sobriety. My detoxes came due to being kicked off because of dirty urines, or going to jail. I read your posts and agree with Chef. Your symptoms are most likely not from the meth withdrawal. It does take up to a month to really start sleeping. The withdrawal is not as severe as heroin or other shorter acting opiates, but it sure is long. After 60 days your body should really be on track to healing. The real rough part is the first 30 days. If I were you I would go to a seperate Doc and have a complete physical. I'm surely not a Doc but after 60 days physically you should really be on the mend. The real hard part is now. How do you remain drug free? I recomend NA or another aggresive form of after care. One thing that might answer some questions. All of my meth was taken once a day at a clinic. Good luck and I'll be glad to share my experiences if it will help.

TMB
tmb the way i stay drug free is i will never for get this experience and i never want to go throyugh it again and just keep telling my self thati know my dose wasnt all that high but let me tell you the w/ds were a nightmare just being on 30mgs and i never wanted to be this messed up again and i als i got so tired of making up lies to get my prescription early because id take more than i was suppose to due to the fact my tolerance just kept rising 15mgs in the morning should of lasted 8 to 12 hrs its was lasting me 4 so i'd take more so you could say i was on 40 to 50 a day thanks for you reply it helps i guess i need a second opinion from another doc because these mbackwoods massachussetts doctors know nothing about methadone thanx again kelleigh

Old 04-22-2004, 07:33 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

chefob1 HB User

my girlfriend is from rockport/gloucester.....if you were on 60 thats where i am and itll take ya a moth/half to be back to norm......eat right/exercise...hit some a/a or n/a mtgs....occcupy your time productive....chef....ps...your sleep,is it back to norm...chef

Old 04-22-2004, 02:42 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefob1
my girlfriend is from rockport/gloucester.....if you were on 60 thats where i am and itll take ya a moth/half to be back to norm......eat right/exercise...hit some a/a or n/a mtgs....occcupy your time productive....chef....ps...your sleep,is it back to norm...chef
CHEFOB IWAS ON TRAZADONE THROUGH OUT THE WHOLE THING 200MGS NEVER HAD A PROBLEMS SLEEPING I GUESS IM ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES THE FIRST TIME I TRIED TO GET OFF IT I COULDNT SLEEP FOR A WEEK TRAZADONE IS A MIRACLE THE REASON WHT IM SO CURIOUS ABOUT IT ALL IS BECAUSE I JUST DONT FEEL THE SAME ANYMORE ITS LIKE IM LIVING SOMEONE ELSES LIFE AND ITS A SHI--Y ONE I JUST SERIOUSLY THINK THIS METH HAS REALLY F-ED ME UP I JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL

Old 04-22-2004, 02:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

I JUST NOTICED YOU SAID YOUR GIRFRIEND IS FROM GLOUSTER I LIVE IN BECKET (BERSKSHIRE COUNTY) AM I ALOUD TO SAY WHERE IM FROM ?

Last edited by no patience; 04-22-2004 at 02:46 PM.

Closed Thread