It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 03:52 PM   #1

jenny1973 HB User
Thumbs up Back from Rehab!!

Hi Guys..
Its Jenny and I am still alive and back from rehab. Today is my 8th day clean if you do not count all the sedatives they gave me in rehab. I am really tired, but very fortunate to be home with my family and clean at that. I know in time the energy will pick back up without these wicked pills. I know I will be going to lots of meetings, however I did meet with an outpatient recovery center today and am thinking of going there too. Not sure..its expensive and not sure if I feel I need it. My insurance won't cover any after care only detox. Even at that I had to pay 30% at my detox facility. Things wern't too bad there as far as the withdrawls since I was pretty medicated the first 3 days. By the 5th day i wanted to come home, but they didn't release me till I finished the full 7 days. It was quite an adventure let me tell you!! I met some great people yet some others that should have been in the psych unit instead. For a stay at home soccer mom who has a clean record I was pretty much an outcast. However some of the nicer people I met had been in and out of jails and on drugs for 20 years. Just all walks of life so it was an adventure to say the least. I learned alot and went to many groups and meetings. Lets just say I was scared straight. The food was horrible, but I didn't have much of an appitite anyway. Anyway my head is still a little cloudy and I am still pretty tired and lethargic, but its better then yesterday. So I can only hope that the days will keep getting better. I am really proud of myself (rosie&root too) for going thru with this. It was the toughest decision, but without this I would still be using pills. I am just happy to say that I have 8 days under my belt today. Just wanna get some energy back so if you have any natural ideas please let me know. I bought some energy bars and vitamins, but other then that just functioning on little fuel. Thanks again to everyone for without this board I would still be popping pain killers!
Will write more later, but have to get my daughter to softball practice.
Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2004, 03:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User
Re: Back from Rehab!!

Hey, Jennie!!! It's me and I just got back too. I am about to hop in the shower, but am so proud of you. My experience sounds alot tamer than yours. My group included 2 nurses (one NICU) and a doctor's wife. Sounds like you did not use suboxone, so hopefully you can hop on later and tell us what they used for your detox? I also think outpatient rehab would be good for me, but my insurance won't cover it either. You sound pretty good. I am wondering if you are in better shape from not using the suboxone? I tapered down quickly, all w/i 1 week, but think some of my symptoms may have just been delayed.

Congrats, welcome back and we are so proud of you! I'll be at a meeting tonight, too and will say a prayer for you.

luv,
rosie

Old 04-21-2004, 04:05 PM   #3

jenny1973 HB User

Hey rosie..
No sub...they used Motrin, valium, flexeril and clonodine and prevacid for me. Others had different meds depending what they were coming off of. I pretty much slept the first two days then they started weaning me off the valium and clonodine however, I wore the clonodine patch till the day I left, but stopped the clonodine pills on day 4 or 5. Can't really remember! My blood pressure would get really low so they had too be careful and monitor me alot. Anyway..so proud of you too!!
Jenny

Old 04-21-2004, 06:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

OK, that explains it. I was also coming off of benzos, so they couldn't use benzos on me. Gotta go--kids are yelling. Talk later.

luv,
rosie

Old 04-21-2004, 07:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

VERY proud of both of you. Rosie - what did you think of the Sub? And why aren't you guys feeling better? Does it just take more time? Even with cold turkey by day 8 you would be feeling a little better and be able to function but it sounds like you both are. I could NOT be any prouder of you. Keep up the awesome job and continue to keep us posted!!!

Old 04-21-2004, 07:42 PM   #6

marich101 HB User

New here......... and thought I'd throw my congrats in. Ya'll have taken on a big old bear but sounds like you're pretty darn serious. Old habits die hard so there will be obstacles as you already know. Just know there are people out here hoping only the best for you and not knowing either of you stops me from having faith in the both of you
Marich

Old 04-21-2004, 07:44 PM   #7

marich101 HB User

Doesn't stop ...............ooops didn't come out right

Closed Thread