It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 04:40 PM   #1
Inactive

kindaunwell HB User
ROSIE, JENNY and ROOT.!!!!

Congratulations to all of you.!!!!!

Was thinking of naming this thread:

"THE WINNER'S CIRCLE".!!!!!!!!!

I thought it might be a good idea to put you three WINNERS under one heading, so EVERYONE here, on these Boards, could come and read about your Success stories. This Board is moving very rapidly nowadays, and I most certainly don't want to lose track of how your "NEW LIFE" is taking hold. I'm sure all of you have sooo much to say, and there will be a MILLION questions asked of ya'll. Along with soo many Well-Wishes.!!!!

I'll make this short, as it is YOUR THREAD!!!....

KINDA.....

Old 04-21-2004, 06:59 PM   #2

jenny1973 HB User
Re: ROSIE, JENNY and ROOT.!!!!

Thank you so much! The support on this board is so important to me and I need it now more then ever. If I can just inspire one person on this board with with my story it would be well worth it. Alls I can say is dig deep into your soul and listen to your heart. Mine kept saying "jen..get your you know what together and get off these pills..they will only ruin your life"! I just didn't think about anymore instead I acted and asked for help! Guess what??? I got lots of it! I am only clean for 8 days, but its a start!! Keep the faith.
Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2004, 06:48 AM   #3
Veteran

Best Friend HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny1973
Thank you so much! The support on this board is so important to me and I need it now more then ever. If I can just inspire one person on this board with with my story it would be well worth it. Alls I can say is dig deep into your soul and listen to your heart. Mine kept saying "jen..get your you know what together and get off these pills..they will only ruin your life"! I just didn't think about anymore instead I acted and asked for help! Guess what??? I got lots of it! I am only clean for 8 days, but its a start!! Keep the faith.
Jenny

Jenny, big hugs to you on your 8th day! What a great idea for Kinda to start this thread for you three. But he's just that KINDA guy!
TwinAlice

Old 04-22-2004, 06:57 AM   #4
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

Welcome back Jenny! We missed you. :-) Lynn

Old 04-22-2004, 07:02 AM   #5
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

Rosie - you were sure missed. How are you feeling today? Are the "blahs" hitting you now?? I guess they just can't be avoided. But you've taken such a big step. Let us know how you're doing. Even if you're just blah! xxx Lynn

Old 04-22-2004, 07:17 AM   #6
(female)

KIMBEE HB User

I want to wish all the best of luck on your road to recovery!! You should be very proud of yourselfs. Keep up the good work. Now the real work starts, staying clean, good luck!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2004, 11:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Thanks you guys!! I didn't get online at all yesterday, but here I am, briefly, as there is a diaper calling me downstairs to change it. Can't tell you how much I missed you guys and your support. Physically I guess I am pretty blah, but not really sick, which is great. Went to a meeting last night and the night before and have a really good one tonight. The meetings really do wonders. I'll be back later to check in.

luv,
rosie

Old 04-23-2004, 05:27 PM   #8

jenny1973 HB User

Glad you are doing well rosie..it's funny cause I just got on real quick and told myself after I check in here I have to change the babies diaper and get her a bottle..funny. Anyway..I feel blah too. Today is the first day I feel somewhat better. I think I am still trying to flush those meds out that they gave me in the hospital..ugh. I just feel very tired and lazy I guess. But mentally i feel great that these pills no longer have a hold on me. I don't care how blah I feel physically. I know it will get better!! Everyday has so far...well better get to my little one!!
Jenny

Old 04-23-2004, 05:35 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Jenny, I am glad you are feeling better. Maybe there is hope for me? I still feel like I am recovering from from a really bad flu, kind of weak. Isn't it too, too funny that we went in at the same time?

OK, they are screaming up to me again and I must go. I know I will feel better mentally after my meeting. The one tonight has alot of real old timers.

OK, okok, bye,
rosie

Old 04-23-2004, 06:44 PM   #10
(female)

StarToo HB User

So glad to hear about you all. I am on 6 days clean and it helps me to know we are all in this together. You have helped me so much. Thanks!

Old 04-23-2004, 06:59 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Hi, guys, I wanted to re-post my suboxone schedule from last week on this thread (thank you, kinda):

Monday 4 mg p.m.
Tuesday 4 mg a.m./ 2 mg p.m.
Wed. 2 mg a.m./ 1 mg p.m.
Thurs. 2 mg a.m./ 1 mg p.m.
Fri. 2 mg a.m.
Sat. 1 mg a.m.
Sun. 1 mg a.m.

I was also given, as needed (sort of, if haggling with nurses is considered "as needed"), bentyl, robaxin, phenobarbitol and tramadol, if needed (for the first 6 days, anyway), for anxiety, zyprexa (sp?), and for seizures, Neurontin, which was later changed to Topomax because I think it was making me feel wired. Also, I got my regular prozac and strattera and, for sleep, benadryl and elavil.

My worst day had to be Sunday, believe it or not, when I first started feeling the cut in my suboxone dose. I had the worst need for immodium (which I was also "allowed" to take, one at a time, and then, later was supplemented with Pepto Bismol). Eventually I just wanted to be here at home so I could not only talk to you guys, but could take an immodium whenever I pleased.

Just a call from dh, he's on his way, so I better go. He thinks I use the computer too much. Have to admit it got me into this jam but it is also the beginning of what is saving me.

Got a call a couple hours ago from the lady in charge of my professional association to see how I was. I wouldn't even have had the nerve to go if it hadn't been for yinksy. If it hadn't been for this board I wouldn't have gone to NA, and if I hadn't gone to NA I don't know if I would have had the nerve to go to detox and sure wouldn't have the support afterwards that I do.

Congrats also to StarToo, Jenny and Root; you guys are in my prayers.

luv,
rosie

Last edited by rosietee; 04-24-2004 at 12:48 AM.

Old 04-23-2004, 08:51 PM   #12

jenny1973 HB User

Congrats StarToo!!! Have you done this all on your own?? Its a tough road we are on, but we are not alone and we can get thru this. I now seemed to have come down with a lovely cold so I am off to try to get some sleep (med-free). Actually I did take some tylenol flu "non-drowsy"...it was the only thing left after my husband cleaned out my medicine bins Have a good night!
Jenny

Old 04-23-2004, 10:13 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny1973
Congrats StarToo!!! Have you done this all on your own?? Its a tough road we are on, but we are not alone and we can get thru this. I now seemed to have come down with a lovely cold so I am off to try to get some sleep (med-free). Actually I did take some tylenol flu "non-drowsy"...it was the only thing left after my husband cleaned out my medicine bins Have a good night!
Jenny
Jenny, lol, my husband threw everything out too!

rosie

Old 04-24-2004, 04:59 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Glad you are all back here and on the right track!! I know just the thought of going into treatment for me many years ago was just absolutely terrifying.If i didn't have a supportive family behind me and my then very young children to take care of and who really needed me to be totally 'there" for them, i don't think i could have gotten through it.I am very proud of each and everyone of you for takin that really big step,I KNOW it was not easy,but you did it.I am sending out great big pats on the back,and really big hugs to you,I hope you can feel them.congratulations on your new lives.

I can't wait to hear from Root.i hope he isn't in too much pain right now.He was sooo scared.i just really feel for him as i did all of you.hopefully we will hear a word from him soon.hang in there, you all really did something very hard but very special.i hope you are all very proud of your accomplishments.Take care, Marcia

Last edited by feelbad; 04-24-2004 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Spelling issues!!

Old 04-24-2004, 05:07 AM   #15
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

Congratulations to all of you...and when I say you are an INSPIRATION--I MEAN it! :-) Lynn

Closed Thread