It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 08:27 PM   #1

jsh22 HB User
Narcotic Addiction

I have a hard question for you all. I have a friend that is addicted to narcotic painkillers. Not that she does it everyday, but will do it whenever she can get some form of narcotics. Hydros, Oxys(snorted), Stadol. She says she wants to quit, however she still does it whenever she can get some. I admit, I like to do it every once in a while, but I'm nowhere near to the extent that she is; eg - popping 40mg hydros at once, a few snorts of stadol. Basically, I'm just looking for some ways to help her get off the narcotics and stay off of them.

Josh

Last edited by jsh22; 04-21-2004 at 08:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2004, 09:06 PM   #2

marich101 HB User
Re: Narcotic Addiction

It's the classic you've got really to want to do something about it before you can even start..........and withdrawal is one of the hardest things she will ever attemt to do. The world is full of unsuccessful attempts, if this is what she's wanting just be there for her, if shes not ready yet there will probably be some heartbreak ahead. It can be a long slow process just be patient and when its done there ain't no greater pride
Marich

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2004, 09:31 PM   #3

jenny1973 HB User
Re: Narcotic Addiction

You really have to want it to be clean! Plain and simple. Talk to your friend and express your concern. Help her with some options! The withdrawls don't have to be horrible! There are options. I went thru a medical detox facility and my withdrawls were minimal. Another thing..if she is popping 40 mgs of hydros at once my thoughts are that she is taking these more then you think. You would have to be taking these consistantly in order to avoid withdrawls so if she is worried about that then she must be taking pills on a regular basis. Regardless it sounds like you are a great friend and the best you can do is express your concerns and just support her!
Jenny

Closed Thread