It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 10:09 PM   #1

juleigh HB User
Newbie..?about compazine

hello to all...ive read here for quite some time but this is my 1st post.....my question is does anyone know if compazine would be of any help to me during withdrawal from hydrocodone? I know it would help with nausea and vomiting but i think it is also used for other things. Any info from you all would be appreciated..thanks julie

Old 04-22-2004, 12:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User
Re: Newbie..?about compazine

I don't know anything about the drug but are you planning a cold turkey? How many are you taking and for how long? What has made you decide it's time to quit? Good luck to you and continue to post... I'm glad you did, I just wish I could have answered your question, sorry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2004, 04:07 AM   #3
Inactive

sadsister HB User

Check web md-somewhere i remember reading compazine is not good-but bentyl is-not entirely sure..so check first..
heather

Old 04-22-2004, 04:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by juleigh
hello to all...ive read here for quite some time but this is my 1st post.....my question is does anyone know if compazine would be of any help to me during withdrawal from hydrocodone? I know it would help with nausea and vomiting but i think it is also used for other things. Any info from you all would be appreciated..thanks julie
juleigh my sister is a heroin addicted and she said compazine was like a wonder drug for her she would get so sick during w/ds ans she said it really helped hope this helps kelleigh

Old 04-13-2005, 12:44 AM   #5
(female)

juliemack HB User

My husband started taking Compazine 6 years ago for undiagnosed chronic nausea. He can't get off the Compazine and has increased the dosage (with Dr's approval). He's obsessive about taking it every 3 hours; sets the alarm through the night. It's turned him into a zombie...sleeps 15-20 hours a day. Be careful with this drug...it's a powerful anti-psychotic (neuroleptic) and can hook you.

Old 04-13-2005, 05:18 AM   #6
(female)

uniquelyme HB User

Please be careful, I was given compazine in the ER years ago for nausea from a migraine, and discovered I was allergic to it...it made me feel like I wanted to peel my own skin off, I was so aggitated , if she hasn't had it before, I would try the tiniest dose first, I can still remember praying for it to wear off...Hope all goes well.

Closed Thread