It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2004, 02:21 PM   #1

NeverAgain HB User
Michelle,Banker,Best Friend etc.

Just checking to see how ya'll are doing today. I hope everyone is doing well, Do not feel like you need to post if you don't feel like it(Been There). I just wanted ya'll to know you are in my prayers today.
B

Old 04-23-2004, 04:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User
Re: Michelle,Banker,Best Friend etc.

Thank you for your post. I've been hanging in there. Talked to my counselor this week and she thinks I should come off of Lexepro and start on another... She said she thinks this adds to me being sleepy in the car.. .I agree entirely. She knows how difficult it was for me to even get ON lexepro because it made me so tired in the beginning. She's the one that told me to take it in the a.m. and it did help out alot. Anyway, thanks for writing... I was thinking about posting to Michelle myself. Haven't seen much of her lately and I'm worried... How are YOU doing and thanks again for the post.... very nice.

Oh, I have one of my sons tonight... not supposed to have any kids this weekend but because of my 8 year old's troubles, me and my ex are going to switch up children each week so that both boys can have a night alone w/me and him. Pretty good idea, huh? I love my counselor... This will improve both of their behavior by 100%. They act like different kids when they aren't around each other. No fighting for attention or anything... it's wonderful so it will be truly special time with each child two nights each week. I just know this will help things. Needless to say, with three children it's very easy for one or even TWO to get left out. K - thanks again and take care... BYE!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 06:29 AM   #3

sammi HB User

Hi B, I thought I too would jump in and say, "hello" to everyone.

Banker, Since I was taking care of three sick one's last week I didn't have the time to read any post. Now that I'm catching up I saw where you had a car accident. OUCH! I'm glad all involved were okay.
But let me tell you, that is my only complaint with the Sub, but it is scary. (I take NO other meds so I know it's strictly the sub.) I don't care where I am but once I sit down and still for more than 10mins, that's it, I'm falling asleep. You have no idea how many times a day my husband will call me if he knows I'm in the car to make sure I have not fallen asleep.
You have really sounded good and strong lately. I'm proud of you. This past Monday was week 5 of me starting the sub. Thanks again for all of your help. I'm like you, I'm doing so well on it that I think I may stay on it as long as my Dr see's necessary. My Dr would like me to stay on it at least 3-6 months.

Michelle, how are you doing? I promise I won't preach to you because only you know what you need to do. Just please do it soon The only thing I will say is your family will probably be a lot more supportive than you think. It sounds as though you all are very close and I think once you let them know what's going on they're just going to say, "okay, what do we need to do to get you the help you need". Just do it girl!!!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend. Even though I may not post to everyone, honestly, each and everyone of you are in my prayers.
Sammi

Old 04-23-2004, 09:56 AM   #4

NeverAgain HB User

Banker it sounds like you are doing very good. I am doing ok as well, just not sleeping good and fighting the mental cravings. I guess the 80+ days I was clean helped alot with the 10 days I messed up after the wreck. I was even at the point where I rarely thought about the pills, it's constantly now, but I will fight through it like last time.
I am worried about Michelle, like everyone else. I just keep saying a extra prayer for her when I pray. I know during the 10 days a slipped up I did not want to post either, Hell my user anme is Never Again maybe I should change it to (every once in a while). Just kidding, I know this is it for me unless circumstances come up that are beyond my control(a wreck).
Sammi jump in anytime How are you doing are you clean or still using?
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
B

Old 04-23-2004, 05:56 PM   #5
Veteran

Best Friend HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverAgain
Just checking to see how ya'll are doing today. I hope everyone is doing well, Do not feel like you need to post if you don't feel like it(Been There). I just wanted ya'll to know you are in my prayers today.
B
Thanks, B! I am hanging in there. Have gotten my Oxys down to one 40 a day...nibbling just a bit thruout the day to keep 'sane.' Very very few vics. Hugging my Shih Tzu and doing NY Times crosswords and reading like a fiend to keep my mind occupied. This is all very humbling...you THINK you 'got a plan' but when 'push comes to shove,' it's tough! Thanks for your post! How are YOU doing?
TwinAlice, Best Friend

Old 04-23-2004, 06:04 PM   #6
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Hey Never,

So, what it is it for you- day three? Have the withdrawals been very bad this go round? Usually they get worse with each "slip up," but since you took so few, maybe they won't be that bad. Hope you are doing okay and thank you for thinking of me! You, too, have crossed my mind throughout the last couple of days.

I truly appreciate your prayers- I need all the extra "petitions" to the Man Upstairs that I can get!!!!! Thank you, seriously!!!!!

Hang in there and let me know how things are going. God bless,
Michelle

Old 04-26-2004, 08:01 AM   #7

NeverAgain HB User

Alice,B Friend, Michelle:
It is good to here from you! B friend It sounds like you are doing awesome. I could never taper down like you have, I guess I'm just not strong enough. My theory was if I had them I was taking them. You are so right about keeping your mind busy. The physical W/D's are Hell, but we all can get past them. It is the mental fight that is so tough for me. I cna tell you before my wreck I was 80+ days clean and I can remember one on days I could not really remember what the pills made me feel like, that was an awesome feeling. So in time the cravings will go away, I promise, maybe not completly, but to a point where you can make without caving. For me this second time the physical W/D's have not been to bad. It did screw my sleeping up. I will say aprayer for you and your sister when ever I pray for my own strength. I know ya'll will beat this, just stay strong and determined.
P.S. I think you are from NY, what about that great QB you got on Sat.

Michelle: It is day 7 for me this go around. W/D's not to bad not sleeping well and no real energy. The big thing it did was screw my whole thought process of being clean. Day 87 feels so much better than day 7, but I can blame no one but myself and I know I will be back at 87 in 80 more days( That's depressing even typing that statement). I hope you are doing better. I would love to here from you today, but I completly understand if you just want to lurk. All I will ask you is please don't leave the board.
Hang in there!

B

Old 04-27-2004, 07:56 AM   #8
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Hey Never,

Hope you are making it (have a pretty good feeling you are )!
I am proud of you and know that you will back to 80 days again in no time (wouldn't you love to kick yourself though...LOL)! The crazy situations we put ourselves in....

If I could just get through the energy/lethargy part...that is what gets me every, single time!!! If I could "get away," by myself, where I could just take care of me for about one week...I would have a much better chance. Boy, though, with kindergarten (staring at 7:40am), gymnastics, swimming lessons, t-ball, mother's morning out, church.....I am always having to "be up" and rolling....and I can't do it when I am BLAH...ya know? Or am I making excuses? I confuse myself now-a-days....

What is going on with "your boy" and his NFL status? I hear he and daddy have upset alot of people (the team who originally drafted him)...what is going on? Hate ya'll aren't going to have him this year...LOL!

Keep up your good fight, B!
michelle

Old 04-27-2004, 10:22 AM   #9

NeverAgain HB User

It is so good to hear from you Michelle. Yes I absolutely feel like kicking myself everyday for doing what I did. If I would have just taken them the four days I needed them it would be ok, but you know how that goes. It sounds like you are better and I am certainly glad to hear that. Energy and sleep are the biggest problems for me also. I take a multi-vitamin and have no idea if it helps or not, maybe in my head it helps. I do know your energy will increase over time, I know that does not help during the first week or so. You will win the fight, just keep fighting. I just wish I could help you in some way.
Yes, the chargers picked Eli then traded him to the NY Giants. He and his father had said he would not play for the chargers a week before. They said this behind closed doors and the chargers GM went to the press with it. So now I guess I'm gonna be a Giants fan.
Try and stay strong maybe someone could watch your kids for a few days so you could make it through the ugly stage.

P.S. I was even cheering for your DOG'S in the NCAA Tourn.(Did not turn out so good though.)
B

Old 04-27-2004, 11:31 AM   #10
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Thanks for cheering my boys on...but...we couldn't pull it out. Now, if our football program could be HALF the team our basketball program is...I may would actually enjoy traveling to Starkville this year. I left their WAY TOO MAD, too many times last year! Had to bite my tongue when we took my four and five year old! LOL! I said, "stupid" at a game (which was a substitute for another word actually ) and my five year old said, "Oohh, mommy, you said a bad word...." I had to apologize and stay home for the end of the season games because I would get so DANG MAD!!!!

Well, continue to hang in there and take care of yourself and PLEASE....no more car wrecks- k?

michelle

Old 04-28-2004, 03:01 PM   #11
Inactive

John 808 HB User

How are you today? Getting better?

I feel pretty good today....we'll see how tomorrow goes!

Michelle

Old 04-29-2004, 08:09 AM   #12

NeverAgain HB User

Michelle,
Just checking to see how you are doing today. Pretty good here, Sleep is now returning faster than I thought it would. The mental cravings are still here, but I can tell they are going away slowly also. The slip-up/wreck did not do as much harm as I thought it did, I think.
I got a wake up a call a week or so ago and it really made me think. Someone at church asked my wife's good friend if we were having problems with our marriage, because I just seemed so unhappy all the time. She said this back when I was still using pills and I just found out last week. This just made me realize I appeared to other people totally different than I appeared to myself. I can now see I was a walking zombie basically, while all the time I thought I was happy high on pain pills. I will quit rambling, but things do get so much clearer when your clean. I bet I hardly laughed at all while I was high. Anyway I will never let myself get in that situation again, wreck or no wreck. I want to give you some advice, but I have never taken sub and it sounds like the W/D's and lack of energy are much worse than the Hydro's. I know you can do it. Once I ran out of the Sub you have I would not get back on that stuff again it sounds horrible to come off of. Even if you had to take hydro's to completely get off Sub. I read another post and I think that is how she did it. I know you can beat the Hydro's I just don't no alot about the Sub.

Your always in my prayers
B

Old 04-29-2004, 04:40 PM   #13
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Thank you!

Glad things are progressing quickly for you! Strange about how we seem to others when we were using. My parents asked my a hundred times if I was happy in my marriage or were we having problems or something of the sort....like you, I thought I was happier! Funny, huh?

Well, my weather alarm is going off...let me run!
M

Closed Thread