It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2004, 07:03 PM   #1

twilazone HB User
mess up angel

where to start....I went to Nepal....was looking for a alternative God and found drugs....got off drugs for 15 teen years and then found them again spend one year doing street herion in DC messed my arms up..and now I am paying for it.Everything is swollening. my ankles......my arms...hands...
Does anyone have any advice on this
thanks...twilazone

Old 04-22-2004, 08:55 PM   #2
Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User
Re: mess up angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilazone
where to start....I went to Nepal....was looking for a alternative God and found drugs....got off drugs for 15 teen years and then found them again spend one year doing street herion in DC messed my arms up..and now I am paying for it.Everything is swollening. my ankles......my arms...hands...
Does anyone have any advice on this
thanks...twilazone

Are you still doing the drugs?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 05:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

If you haven't seen a doc yet, go there now! There are many reasons that could be causing your swelling.some could be minor,or some could be major but swelling anywhere in your body is not normal.you really need to find out what is causing it before it is too late to do something about it,or you are brought into the ER by ambulance after collapsing.

If you are having really profound swelling in your extremities,it is just a matter of time before it also goes to your lungs and the area surrounding your heart.this swelling could really have some very devistating consequences if not properly addressed.you really have to find out just what is causing it so it can be reversed.at the very least, you need a doc to rx you some sort of diaretic to lessen the swelling. Good luck and please go there asap.Let us know just how you are doing.if you are still using, this swelling is going to escalate even quicker.Take care, Marcia

Old 04-23-2004, 08:42 AM   #4

twilazone HB User

thank you for your replies, no I havent done any drugs in two years now but I'm still swollen, it seems to be agreivated if I do phyiscal work.

Old 04-24-2004, 03:23 AM   #5

tryinmybest HB User

You've damaged your circulatory system. Lots of long term IV users or exusers have this problem. I would advise going to Doc. There is probably lttle they can do. You've seen people with, "big hands" on the street. This comes from constant inflamation, infections, absesses etc. Though they heal, what you have are the residual effects. My hands are pretty bad. Haven't shot drugs for 15 years yet they are very red and some days swollen. Winter play hell on my hands. They actually hurt. A lot of the garbage that they cut drugs with can also be blamed. When I was shooting drugs I really never had good viens. Had misses absceses etc. The long term damage is pretty evident. Go to a Doc. Also you want to check out kidneys. Kidneys not functioning properly can cause swelling.

TMB

Old 05-06-2004, 06:21 PM   #6

twilazone HB User

trymybest,
thank you for your response.That is what I thought, but it was good to hear it.When I did drugs in Nepal they were pure and actually I didnt shot them.But the street drugs(which I only did for one year here in the state I shot up}.Totally messed up my arms and hands.I'm actually hoping I can find some alternative drugs(herbs} to help.
be well.
twilazone

Old 05-07-2004, 12:48 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

chefob1 HB User

hope your clean now....i shot drugs for a year myself....the way i got clean from that mess was they shot my dealer......what a nightmare.........it took me a long time to finally shake the scipt drugs after that....still on maintance med.......i got abyssess too.....you should see a doc and tell all...get checked for hepatitis/hiv too.....chef

Old 05-07-2004, 07:07 PM   #8

twilazone HB User

yes I'm clean now but I always think of doing drugs and have dreams about them quite offen......silly I guess*smile*.I dont really want to go to a doctor.I want to find a alternative way to deal with my problem.

Closed Thread