It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2004, 11:29 PM   #1

julbox HB User
Need Help Weaning Off Ambien

Okay, plain and simple I have been taking more Ambien than prescribed for about a month (anywhere from 1 1/2 to 3 10 mg tablets total a day). I tried to quit and after about 20 hours without it, I developed violent cramping and diarrhea and starting sweating pretty bad. I couldn't take it and took 1 tablet. I have about 12 pills left and need to know how I can wean myself off with less uncomfortable symptoms.

Old 04-24-2004, 10:29 AM   #2
(female)

StarToo HB User
Re: Need Help Weaning Off Ambien

Hi Jul, Unfortunately I went sorta through the same thing. I was taking pieces of them through the day to ease the heebie jeebies from past oxy withdrawal and before I knew it I was way low on the ambein. So I just took what i had per night, dividing them to make them last. I never did get any withdrawal symptoms from them other that not sleeping well. Could your withdrawal be from something else? Ambein are not supposed to have true withdrawal symptoms in themselves. But we are all different. I finally bit the bullet and called my doctor and fessed up telling him I needed a few more and exactly what I had done. I have a fantastic doctor. He gave me a few extra and I was able to get through with halving them and the ones I already had. Then if I just woke up at 2:00 AM, I just got up. It might get you back on track. Best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2004, 11:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User
Re: Need Help Weaning Off Ambien

Quote:
Originally Posted by julbox
Okay, plain and simple I have been taking more Ambien than prescribed for about a month (anywhere from 1 1/2 to 3 10 mg tablets total a day). I tried to quit and after about 20 hours without it, I developed violent cramping and diarrhea and starting sweating pretty bad. I couldn't take it and took 1 tablet. I have about 12 pills left and need to know how I can wean myself off with less uncomfortable symptoms.
i think what star too said is right maybe you're w/d from something else ambiem is habit forming but in a sleep since but then again they say there should be now/ds from tramadol and we all know thats a crock you should call your doc and let him know whats going on good luck and hugs kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 04-24-2004 at 11:24 AM.

Old 04-26-2004, 07:55 PM   #4

MKP HB User
julibox please reply here to me

I am trying to find out about your husband and the nicotine injection. Did it work.

Thanks

Megan

Posterior Fusion L4-L5-S1 (January 28th, 2005)

Last edited by moderator2; 04-27-2004 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Closed Thread