It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2004, 06:15 PM   #1
Veteran

Best Friend HB User
Wee hours of the Morn' - Insomniac in the City

Tho I live in a city (NYC), I have the regimen of a farmer. Early to bed and early to rise. Can't help it. Unless I'm out and about, I just get soooo weary so early. But I get up during the night - especially while I'm dealing with withdrawal - and often find it impossible to get back to sleep. So, I pop my light on, prop up my pillows and scoop up whatever book I'm in the middle of. I also peek out of the windows. In a city of skyscrapers, there are fellow insomniacs....yellow windows at 3AM. I feel a strange kind of alliance with these lights...10, 20, 30 stories high. Are any of these 'bright lights' feeling antsy like I am? Or maybe they simply have a cranky little one. Or, perhaps they haven't been to bed yet. Or, could they work a night shift? Or, gotten, heaven forbid, an bad news phone call? Or, maybe they are reveling in a late night party with good friends...that would be nice! It's a strange 'fraternity' at 3AM. I count these sporadic city lights as far as I can see....making up my own story for each splash of yellow. Somehow, when I feel pretty awful, it's comforting to see these lights. Makes me think of a few months ago when Kindaunwell, on this Board, was bravely battling his withdrawals and doing the 'graveyard shift,' cheering those who, like him, could not feel the pull of the Sandman. Kinda's doing so fine these days. He even keeps "normal hours!' Good nite all....just a few reflections before this night 'gets young.'
TwinAlice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2004, 07:12 PM   #2

jenny1973 HB User
Re: Wee hours of the Morn' - Insomniac in the City

I am dealing with the insomnia as well. I haven't slept more then 2 hours in a row the past few nights. I am 11 days clean and its killing me. I have also been having horrible vivid nightmares. I hope this gets better soon. I wish I lived in a big city where I could look at all those lights. When will this get better????
Jenny

Old 04-25-2004, 06:14 AM   #3
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

One of those "yellow" windows is MINE!! LOL!! (I'm alice's twin and live in the same building on a different floor, but we share the same shockingly few sleep hours!)

By the way, Jenny....just woke up from some awful nightmare two hours ago...and now I can't remember it!!! I have bad dreams continuously during the night--at least it feels like it! Such unrelaxed sleep. But that's part of my history and genetics.

Old 04-25-2004, 08:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Friend
Tho I live in a city (NYC), I have the regimen of a farmer. Early to bed and early to rise. Can't help it. Unless I'm out and about, I just get soooo weary so early. But I get up during the night - especially while I'm dealing with withdrawal - and often find it impossible to get back to sleep. So, I pop my light on, prop up my pillows and scoop up whatever book I'm in the middle of. I also peek out of the windows. In a city of skyscrapers, there are fellow insomniacs....yellow windows at 3AM. I feel a strange kind of alliance with these lights...10, 20, 30 stories high. Are any of these 'bright lights' feeling antsy like I am? Or maybe they simply have a cranky little one. Or, perhaps they haven't been to bed yet. Or, could they work a night shift? Or, gotten, heaven forbid, an bad news phone call? Or, maybe they are reveling in a late night party with good friends...that would be nice! It's a strange 'fraternity' at 3AM. I count these sporadic city lights as far as I can see....making up my own story for each splash of yellow. Somehow, when I feel pretty awful, it's comforting to see these lights. Makes me think of a few months ago when Kindaunwell, on this Board, was bravely battling his withdrawals and doing the 'graveyard shift,' cheering those who, like him, could not feel the pull of the Sandman. Kinda's doing so fine these days. He even keeps "normal hours!' Good nite all....just a few reflections before this night 'gets young.'
TwinAlice
hi there i know the sleep thing on my first attempt on getting off methadone unfortunatly i only made it 7 days but the no sleep i think was the wordt 7 days not a wink i got to the point where i hated the sight of my bed i would just sit there looking at the ceiling and it was just so quiet i couln'dt stand it and i was just so fatigued i couldnt get up to watch tv or anything it use to p me off so bad that my husband slept and i couldnt my next attempt which was feb 3 2004 was better in the sleep department i was on trazadone and slept much better even the leg twitching didint wake me it did my husband and he'd tell me about it the next day sleep is coming for you i don't know how many days it is for you but it is coming and i hope it's soon hugs to you and your sister kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 04-25-2004 at 08:49 AM.

Old 04-25-2004, 11:07 AM   #5

staceyy HB User

Best friend, insomnia I have had it for so long it is just a part of my life that is why I was on xanax but since they put me back on klonipin I have been sleeping like a baby I am on 4 mg of the klonipin and 20mg of ambian right now I am loving my sleep talk to your doc insomnia with drug addicts is an all to common thing they tell me mind is behavioral but what the h--- do they know good luck with your sleep I know only to well how hard it can be.
Goddess Bless
Stacey

Closed Thread