It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2004, 06:01 PM   #1

2good2goback HB User
Smile Hello again, haven't been here in awhile

Just checking in, it's been about a year now since I started Suboxone, and I still feel great. I'm at 2 8mg per day, but that is fine with me. I have had 2 promotion in the last year and I feel that my life is back on track. I know I'm not cured and still having to take a narcotic. But to me The better quality of life is much more important. Ifeel that would be different if I was getting high, but that doesn't happen with this med.

Hope everyone is doing well with the path they are following. Before starting this treatment, I had been living in hell since 1997-1998.

I'll keep checking back and see what is going on.

Be good, or better yet BE HAPPY !!!!!

Old 04-25-2004, 05:51 AM   #2
Inactive

sadsister HB User
Re: Hello again, haven't been here in awhile

Hey too good-
Good for you-so glad to hear your well-the sub really works-of course you gotta work it..so even tho you are taking the sub-or even methadone-people still relapse..on the drug..so you are doing the right thing..a big pat on the back for you!
Isn't it great to see your life come back-promotions/finances/good living-w/o the drugs?
Im on 4-6mgs sub..too.Im alot better off too.
Good luck w/ everything..
heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2004, 09:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User
Re: Hello again, haven't been here in awhile

I've missed seeing you 2good. I'm right there w/you... doing well and on 12-16 mgs per day. I'm a new person. I've got to ask though - has anyone, and I mean anyone ever had one drink w/Sub? I was so tempted last night to have just one glass of wine but I was scared to death I would end up flat out on the table. Can someone let me know? Thanks! And again, 2good - keep it up and I agree whole heartedly. I'm a different person. A much better mother, worker, going to church now... it's just amazing!

Old 05-01-2004, 02:10 AM   #4

2good2goback HB User
Smile To Banker

You can do anything you want, I don't really drink, But I will have a beer everynow and then. What's really strange is, a girl I was dating where staying at a hotel, and I drank more than I can ever remember, Where I couldn't stand up. Stopped drinking, and was completely sober in about 1 hour. I have also played myself as a Guinea Pig, I took 150 mg of methadone and didn't feel a thing. So it's over, you can't get high anymore. But there is one more thing my doctor did for me, I am 39 and they say that all mem lose 2% of testoterone production per year minimum. Put me on replacement therapy, I lost every bit of fat, I wasn't overweight in the first place, but it all turned to muscle, increases your sex drive, but you control it, instead of it controlling you. I feel better know than I ever have. And when I do find somebody I want to be with, I can beat the brake shoes off of her for hours.
I hope no is offended. But this is a real condition called andropause, sometimes they call it male menopause. The women out there will love there husband to death if they are deficient and seek therapy. I have tried them all, and the only way it really works is a shot every month, nothing to it doesn't evening make you sore.

Gotta go

Good luck
Ya'll

Closed Thread