It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2004, 10:16 PM   #1
(female)

DannDees HB User
10 days 8 hours, how much more can I take

I am getting reaaly depressed about this whole withdraw thing. every night I think it will be btter tomorrow. It is fine the next day and then the night comes and my legs still ache, I still don't sleep, and it seems even in the day when my body doesn't hurt that i am very weak. Hard to explain but it feels as if my brain does not quit thinking, my son will ask me something and I can totally block him out, but not on purpose, my mind is just too busy thinking. Anyone know if all of this is normal. I don't want to go back to taking methadone since I have made it this far but I can't be like this much longer. I would go to the dr, but I do not even feel like I have the strength to go there. any advice is appreciated..thanks to all..hopefully, one day, I can be of some help to someone..

Old 04-25-2004, 03:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: 10 days 8 hours, how much more can I take

Dann, so sorry for what you are going through,(been there,done that).all i can tell you is that it will all go away eventually.you are trying to go off methadone?unfortunatly, methadone takes much longer to detox off of and get out of your system as it has a much longer half life than other narcotics.I really feel for ya.Have you ever tried taking a really hot bath with epsom salts? I have really horrible spasticity in my legs caused by a spinal cord surgery.I do this every night and every morning just to try and relieve that awful tightness in my legs.It really does work.The magnesium in the epsom acts as a muscle relaxant and is actually absorbed through your skin.You might want to give it a try.if it can work on the level of spasticity in mY legs, I think it would give you at least some relief.

I know that brain fog is the absolute worst.i don't know how I managed to even drive my car some days while detoxing from hydro,and a few other assorted meds.But it does eventually go away, you just have to hang in there.I know that it is easier said than done but as my grandma used to say, this too,shall pass.

You are doing a very difficult thing but you will be a much better person and mother once you come out the other side,i promise.if you are ever tempted to go back to your old ways, just look deeply into the eyes of your son.this is why you are doing this.my kids were my anchor during the worst times.I hope things get better for you soon.Hang in there okay?We are always here for ya. take care, Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2004, 05:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannDees
I am getting reaaly depressed about this whole withdraw thing. every night I think it will be btter tomorrow. It is fine the next day and then the night comes and my legs still ache, I still don't sleep, and it seems even in the day when my body doesn't hurt that i am very weak. Hard to explain but it feels as if my brain does not quit thinking, my son will ask me something and I can totally block him out, but not on purpose, my mind is just too busy thinking. Anyone know if all of this is normal. I don't want to go back to taking methadone since I have made it this far but I can't be like this much longer. I would go to the dr, but I do not even feel like I have the strength to go there. any advice is appreciated..thanks to all..hopefully, one day, I can be of some help to someone..
deeanndees i know exactly what youre going through i woke up every day and thought is this over yet its an awful w/d i know i went through it for 5 weeks but everyone is different i just had a very bad detox i know the depression and please consider an antidepressant because you can just become so lonely and feel no selfworth and no pleasure what so ever please consider one i feel so bad because i completly understand how you feel and dont go back to that crap just always remember what you're going through right now thats what helps me you need a big hug wish i was there to sit with you through it all you're almost there luv and hugs kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 04-25-2004 at 05:09 AM.

Old 04-25-2004, 10:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

one more thing it is normal to constantly be thinking especially if its about feeling better i did the same thing with my 7 yr old daughter what your feeling is normal if you can/t go to the doc atleast call them and see if there is anything they can do i know it's hard but hang in there again big hugs kelleigh

Closed Thread