It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2004, 04:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Wink Michelle

Hey Michelle. You have really been on my mind.Just checking up on ya to see how you are doin. Marcia

Old 04-25-2004, 04:57 AM   #2
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User
Re: Michelle

Me, too, Michelle - I think about you lots and lots. (Wrote you on another thread--don't remember which!) I know you don't feel like writing--and I know what that feels like! But your good friends here just need you to know that whenever you DO feel like writing...we're all ears. Even if it's just to say "hi'" :-) love, Lynn xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2004, 01:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Michelle,
This is one of those days where I just have spare moments here and there, but hopefully this week I can explain some of the things I learned at the hospital which were really very interesting, from both physiological and spiritual standpoints. But bottom line is it takes about 3 months to even feel halfway normal after stopping the drugs (and drugs includes alcohol). That's why they say 90 meetings in 90 days. And it takes even longer to fully recover. I don't think you have let yourself get there and I don't think anyone can by themselves.

I also have my own theory of why so many of us with similar lifestyles have ended up in this fix, psychobiologically, using what I learned, which included education about the receptors and pictures of brain scans, etc. Also I was a psych major. Tomorrow after I finish a project I have to work on I will try to start a thread explaining my "theory." But I wanted you to know that I am thinking about you!! And if you have any questions about detox, ask away. (BTW, I was allowed to see the kids every night.)

luv,
rosie

Old 04-25-2004, 01:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

Rosie, I have a feeling you are going to help so many people on here from your experiences. I'm so happy that you decided to take the plunge. I can tell such a difference in you... already. How are things on the Strattera or can you tell yet going through wds? We certainly missed you while you were gone.

Michelle -we are ALL worried about you. Like I've said in other posts, we all have to hit rock bottom before we are really sick and tired of it. I want to protect you so badly from that 'rock bottom'. You know what I mean too - imagine what other people have lost (including me) when they hit rock bottom. I don't want this to happen to you. Think about what is at stake. You already know you cannot control these pills by yourself. NONE of us can. I want you to go get help so badly that I just can't stand it. If I could (and if you trusted me, I'm a good mommy... I promise) I would come stay w/your sweeties and spoil them rotten while you went into a short detox. Then, I would probably have to be admitted to the phsyc ward after taking care of SIX children. lol Michelle -we love you. We care about you. Please talk to us if you feel like it.

Old 04-25-2004, 04:08 PM   #5
Veteran

Best Friend HB User
Talking Re: Michelle

Hiya Michelle...the rainy heavens are about to open up on NYC and am racing the dawgs out before it happens (they don't "do rain!"...oooh my poor Oriental rug! lol)....but wanted to send a few hugs your way. You don't need to write....I just wanted to send a"Hi!" down South of the Mason Dixon line!
Alice

Old 04-26-2004, 04:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Still thinkin about you. Marcia

Old 04-26-2004, 02:44 PM   #7

sammi HB User

Hi Michelle, just wanted to let you know that I too am thinking about you. You're going to get through this! Just hang in there =)

Love,
Sammi

Old 04-27-2004, 07:48 AM   #8
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Thanks ya'll....wrote back on the "Help! Please say hi! Michelle!" thread....

Closed Thread