It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2004, 08:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User
Thumbs up thank you

i'm so glad i found this board all who have replied to me have helped me tremendously with out you guys there are certain things i would'nt of known i've researched and researched because it helped me through that horrific time and talking with all off you and all the research i've done i've discovered i know more about methadone than my own doc what a shame thank you everyone for your posts and replys muchly appreciated kelleigh this red face of embarrasment is for my doc because he should be

Last edited by no patience; 04-25-2004 at 12:53 PM.

Old 04-26-2004, 06:45 AM   #2
(female)

DannDees HB User
Re: thank you

Hi no patience, I just wanted to thank you. As you feel others have helped you, I feel knowing your story has helped me. Knowing someone else has lived through the nightmare mad it seem not impossible. Today is day 11 and I actually feel great. I am shaky a little but had a whole nights sleep , with the help of a sleeping pill. Its 8:30 am and I am up , showered, dressed, hair and makeup done. Methadone for some is a life saver. I just have heard horror stories since researching this medication. Dr's who dispense this medication believe that only 1% of pain patience become addicted. Well I know now that there is a difference between addiction and dependancy but before thought the 2 were the same. I think that there shold be a note attached to this medication that says "If you ever want to stop taking this medication, your body will feel like its in the pit of hell and your mind will make you think you are going nuts. These are symptoms of withdraw that can last weeks. YOu will wish you were dead" The only thing good about me is that I never got high from methadone so now that my physical withdraws are over , I will not have that craving to take pill. I thank god everyday that I never took more then I did. Also, just wanted to say something about your husband , mine was the same way, first couple days he was great then acted as if it was in my mind. Noone can understand what it feels like unless they go through it. Don't be so hard on him. I'm also sure they go through feelings . Like we did it to ourselves , it's not thier fault, why should they be punished or why should thier daily routine change. thanks again to you and all who responded to my post. There were days I was too weak to respond but I did read each and every one of them..THANKS TO ALL!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 07:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User
Thumbs up Re: thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannDees
Hi no patience, I just wanted to thank you. As you feel others have helped you, I feel knowing your story has helped me. Knowing someone else has lived through the nightmare mad it seem not impossible. Today is day 11 and I actually feel great. I am shaky a little but had a whole nights sleep , with the help of a sleeping pill. Its 8:30 am and I am up , showered, dressed, hair and makeup done. Methadone for some is a life saver. I just have heard horror stories since researching this medication. Dr's who dispense this medication believe that only 1% of pain patience become addicted. Well I know now that there is a difference between addiction and dependancy but before thought the 2 were the same. I think that there shold be a note attached to this medication that says "If you ever want to stop taking this medication, your body will feel like its in the pit of hell and your mind will make you think you are going nuts. These are symptoms of withdraw that can last weeks. YOu will wish you were dead" The only thing good about me is that I never got high from methadone so now that my physical withdraws are over , I will not have that craving to take pill. I thank god everyday that I never took more then I did. Also, just wanted to say something about your husband , mine was the same way, first couple days he was great then acted as if it was in my mind. Noone can understand what it feels like unless they go through it. Don't be so hard on him. I'm also sure they go through feelings . Like we did it to ourselves , it's not thier fault, why should they be punished or why should thier daily routine change. thanks again to you and all who responded to my post. There were days I was too weak to respond but I did read each and every one of them..THANKS TO ALL!!!!!
dann ithought the same thing about them telling you the after effects of when you come off i never got high off it either but didnt realize as my tolerence went up so did my addiction but one goog thing to me is that iread that 1 out of every 25'000 people can stop this drug and we did it i just really feel a connection to you because we can help each other dont worry i'm not a stalker or any thing but it just helps me so much to hear your story and know that there are other people i can talk to about this because there are times you just feel so alone i want to thank you to for your input about the husband thing i think i talked him to death about my situation and they don't know what it's like and it's not their fault thanx so much and keep posting and i'm so happy you're physical is over mine lasted 5 wks and i'm so happy yours has ended just keep in mind physchological comes next at least for me it did i hope you don't go through that it was the worst for me because my doc thought it was all in my head until i finally went to counceling and they said hey this is normal hang in there i'm proud of you hugs hugs hugs luv kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 04-26-2004 at 07:44 AM.

Closed Thread