It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2004, 08:59 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
Marijuana

Little info, i use to smoke pot every day for about 3 yrs. (im sure that there where days i didn't but i was a heavy smoker) I would go thru a half an ounce by myself 2 times a week. Well about 1 month ago, i quit cold turkey, which for me really wasn't hard because im pretty good that the mental thing. (knowing i can stop if i stop thinking about it) Well anyways, i use to use pot to motivate me, and i would do things while i was high, like clean, exercise, jog, normal daily things. Because things are i guess you can say funner to do when your high, because you really don't care what you are doing. Well i realized that it was just a waste of money over time, and the reason i did it was the crowd i was hanging with.

Anways, my question is..lately ive been really fatigued. I sleep a lot longer than i use to, i usually try to get at least 7 hours of sleep, but like when i have a day off work, i sleep for 9-10hrs. And will still be tired during day or after work. Which i was usually not, even when i was on a heavy workout schedule even after work on days i worked 7-9 hr shifts. Could me stopping smoking weed make me have these feelings of fatigue? Will it stop?

Now i like wanna take naps during the day because i feel tired, and im getting tired faster now when working out, or before i goto workout ill just feel tired that i won't do as much or any at all. Im just wondering if this is like my withdrawl from smoking weed for so long, and if it will go away. I take a lot of vitamins too, because im trying to heal my acne, dunno if they have any effect on that too, but i was taking them when i smoked too..so....

Anyways, thanks for any replys i get.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2004, 09:18 PM   #2
Inactive

herbal HB User
Re: Marijuana

First off, sorry to hear about your problem and congrats on quitting. I know what you mean about things (life in general) being funner and better while being high.

Anyway, its' good that your sleeping better, because the weed probably interfered with that. But, it's not good that your wanting to take naps during the day and you're feeling fatique. I doubt it's w/d, because marijuana usually has no w/ds. But your body is probably acting weird without the weed because it was so used to it. That's all I can guess. Hopefully someone here can help better.

Hang in there.

Oh, and the fatique might just be some kind of disorder you have. Do you feel more stressed now without the weed? 'Cause stress can cause heavy fatique.
If you smoke cigs as well, quit those too.

Keep us noted

Old 04-25-2004, 09:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
Re: Marijuana

Yes, i use to smoke cigs too, i quit those along with the pot. I smoked to relieve depression but couple of weeks before i quit, smoking actually made me feel more depressed than being sober. So i am feeling a lot better not smoking now, so now my question is can cigarettes be the cause of this? I smoked cigs all the time, a lot of the time it was just somthing to do while i was not doing anything, so i kinda chain smoked a bit. So could it be the cigarettes?

Thanks for your reply and concerns, and thanks for adding the comment about cigarettes, that might be a factor..thanks again.

Closed Thread