It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 06:46 AM   #1

LPierce HB User
Always being tested

I have moved back in with mom and dad. Me and Robbie (my boyfriend) had a long talk and decided to go our seperate ways He admited that ever since he caught me using back in January he hasnt felt the same about me. I just cant go on in a relationship where I feel like I am walking around on eggshells. I do think that everything happens for a reason, and maybe we met, so that he would catch me using, cause God knows that he was the one who finally broke thru and made me realize just how big of a problem that I had. If it werent for him I would still be using, I am staying clean for myself, and I will continue to stay on the Naltrexone and go to meetings. It just hurts not being with him, But I think that I need some time to figure out who the real me is. Since I am only 22 and have had this addiction for 7 years. I can just take some time to get to know myself, and figure out what I want in life. My first goal is to stay clean and sober. I know that I am stronger now than I have ever been, I just wish I wasnt always put to the test...
Lyn

Old 04-26-2004, 08:51 AM   #2

jorob HB User
Re: Always being tested

Hi Lyn,

Sorry to hear of your break up, I know that can be soo painful. But it sounds like you have a good perspective, meaning that you are doing this for you. A seven year addition is a long time to break and the less stress you have around you is better. You do need to concentrate solely on yourself and no one else.

Good luck to you and keep doing what you're doing.

Hugs - Kathi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 02:41 PM   #3

NeverAgain HB User
Re: Always being tested

Lyn
Everyone here trying to get clean is tested everyday and that stinks.However, I believe the longer we are clean the stronger we get to be able to pass the test/temptation. If you read through the boards there are many people with much larger test. For example the death of a spouse or child, now that's a test. I'm not sure I could ever stay clean if I had gone through what some people have here. It's a fight for all of us, just remember the longer we are clean the stronger we become to fight.
You can do it!

B

Closed Thread