It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 04:14 PM   #1
(female)

StarToo HB User
Smile You have ALL helped me so much!

I am 10 days clean. May not seem like much, but I could have had my script filled and didn't. Still trudging through every day, even though each one is easier. I have goals set and hope to meet them, but I know this is day to day - maybe even minute to minute. I had connected with a nice lady who called herself Simply Stupid. We kind of started at the same time on WD and I have not heard from her or seen a post and am thinking about her and worried for her. SS if you are there let me know. All of you other posters have brought me this far and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! You are great! I have had some pretty down days and my encouragement is right here waiting. Hopefully, I can help someone else someday. Love you all!!
Star

Old 04-26-2004, 04:22 PM   #2

dschne HB User
Re: You have ALL helped me so much!

WOW congradulations on ten 10 days you should be really proud and feel great about who you look at when you lookmin the mirror. I think if you still have refills that can be refilled get them cxld or something that messed me up knowing it was there for me to fall again.again congrats hope i can say that in the next cple weeks on this board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 04:40 PM   #3
(female)

DannDees HB User

I am 11 days clean and I have my pills still, I think knowing I could take one helped me. It was my choice. I guess I am kinda a control freak . I probably would've panicked on the really bad nights if I thought I didn't have the choice.CONGRATS ON YOUR STRENGTH!! Know in your everyday life how strong you are and you will move mountains.

Old 04-26-2004, 04:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

congrats on 10 days thats awesome you say it doe'nt seem like much but it is because everyday seems like an eternity you're doing great and not filling your script takes a lot of will power awesome job luv and hugs kelleigh

Old 04-26-2004, 04:46 PM   #5
(female)

DannDees HB User

By the way 10 days we all know is extremely long to us. These are the hardest days for all of us. STAY STRONG

Old 04-26-2004, 05:56 PM   #6

SimplyStupid HB User

Hi Star~ Its me Simply- Im so sorry for letting you down and not being there right along with you. Im really glad for you and I don't know how you are doing it. Well, with me it was the lack of energy. You know I was waiting on the withdrawals a week or so ago and they never really hit. I went to the baseball games and even shopping with my daughter on day 3 or 4....the energy is what pushed me back into the cycle. I have none and I don't like laying around the house and getting nothing accomplished. I went in to the Doc on Tues. of that week and he refilled my 30 with 2 refills. Those went fast, and then I ran across some others by chance and those went too...so I was out Sat. afternoon, slept okay sat. night....sunday...laid around the house with a headache, nothing bad....some aches in my lower legs...slept okay...then went to another doc appt today....back with 60---what else is new? One of the other posters said she liked having the pills but didnt cave into them, that might work....oh who am i kidding? Its just WHEN DOES THE ENERGY GET BACK TO NORMAL???????? I have so much to do and the cinder blocks around my neck when im not using is jut too much at times. I know, I am a complete and ignorant fool. Okay--I tried to get you caught up but my husband is calling for me ~ Ill be sure to get back in touch with you tommorow--I promise~ and you are doing so good!!!!! I envy you. SS

Old 04-27-2004, 03:50 AM   #7
(female)

StarToo HB User

I know what you mean about the energy. I manage to get up and go to work and drag myself around (I'm a teacher). Then i get home and hit a brick wall. Just can't go on any longer physically. So I go to bed about 9:00 then have to deal with restless legs. But all in all, I will have to say it is better. Motrin seems to help, even though that sounds laughable. I'm not chasing pills and that is so freeing. I have a refill waiting for me now and I just have to weigh the consequences of my actions. That doesn't mean I won't fill it tomorrow, but just for today, I won't. I've relapsed many times and most of us have. Just pick yourself up, love yourself and keep going. That housework and bills will still be there when you are better. And you will feel more like doing them with joy.Be strong. I care about ya! Let me know how you are doing! Star

Last edited by StarToo; 04-27-2004 at 03:52 AM.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:08 AM   #8
Inactive

sadsister HB User

Star-
10 days is awesome!Its hard work-and you are doing it!You can do it-everyday is another day w/o the pills/the bull****.
Im proud of you-and inspired!
Hang in there..
heather

Old 04-27-2004, 07:35 AM   #9
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Congratulations, Star!

Ten days seems like ten months to me right now!! Keep up the good work!!

Simply, I can totally relate to the "energy" downfall. It is always mine, too. I'll make it four or five days (just long enough to get over the physical illness) and the lethargy kicks me in the butt (especially being that I have three little ones six and under to take care of 24-7...)! Hang in there and try not to get too down that you can't pick yourself back up- k?

Again, Star, way to go and maybe you can start "rooting" some of us on- k?

Take care both of you!
michelle

Old 04-27-2004, 12:43 PM   #10

User 205000 HB User

Star, I just wanted to let you know I am proud of you for reaching 10 days. The next 10 will be great, and the following 10 will be fantastic! Keep going, as this is so worth it.

Closed Thread