It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 04:15 PM   #1
Inactive

doggreensector HB User
Question about ultracet

I am on day 9 without the vikes. I woke up this morning and was pretty stuffed up. Well the stuffed up feeling turned into an horrible ear infection with excrutiating pain. My wife took me to the doctor.

During the interim I took some tylenol and some eardrops. The pain was so bad that it almost brought me to tears. The doctors gave me some antibiotics and ultrcet for the pain. He assured me that ultracet is non-narcotic. I called the pharmacy they also said that it is a non-narcotic pain reliever.

I checked the internet and found an article that said that ultracet has very low incidence of addiction and is non-narcotic (if it is so safe then why is there any incidence of addiction to begin with).

I took two of them and the ear pain did go away but they did give that slight buss and woozy feeling. I only have six of them and they come in 37.5 mg tramadol and 325 acetminophen. I took two of them at 1.30pm west coast time and are not indicated again until 7.30pm. Has anyone heard of these? Are they truly non-narcotic non opiate, or are they.

I do have to say that I am greatful that my ear does not feel like it is going to explode anymore.

Keith

Last edited by doggreensector; 04-26-2004 at 04:24 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Old 04-26-2004, 04:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User
Re: Question about ultracet

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggreensector
I am on day 9 without the vikes. I woke up this morning and was pretty stuffed up. Well the stuffed up feeling turned into an horrible ear infection with excrutiating pain. My wife took me to the doctor.

During the interim I took some tylenol and some eardrops. The pain was so bad that it almost brought me to tears. The doctors gave me some antibiotics and ultrcet for the pain. He assured me that ultracet is non-narcotic. I called the pharmacy they also said that it is a non-narcotic pain reliever.

I checked the internet and found an article that said that ultracet has very low incidence of addiction and is non-narcotic (if it is so safe then why is there any incidence of addiction to begin with).

I took two of them and the ear pain did go away but they did give that slight buss and woozy feeling. I only have six of them and they come in 37.5 mg tramadol and 325 acetminophen. I took two of them at 1.30pm west coast time and are not indicated again until 7.30pm. Has anyone heard of these? Are they truly non-narcotic non opiate, or are they.

I do have to say that I am greatful that my ear does not feel like it is going to explode anymore.

Keith
they are not a narcotic but the way they are made is how an opiate works because they bind to the receptors like an opiate does and they are made with a morphine like substance and when people take them for along period of time they can become addicting especially to people who have abused or become physically dependant to opiates it's wierd i know but i read tramadol is being sued for this discrepancy hope this helps kelleighjust be careful i had to take them myself and 3 months w/o methadone i researched everything about it

Last edited by no patience; 04-26-2004 at 04:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 07:45 AM   #3
Inactive

John 808 HB User
Re: Question about ultracet

Ultracet and Ultram are a man-made (synthetic) form of an oppiate. They can be addicting and withdrawals from these pills are just as bad as withdrawals from opiates.

So please, please be careful! I know you are having legitimate pain, but just don't fall into the "trap" that they are non- narcotic and non- addicting because they are! And, again, NO FUN to come off of!

There is a website (somewhere by some gov't group) lobbying to make this drug a controlled substance because of the reported abuse and addiction already. Interesting, huh? I am sure they are some here who could chime in with their own Ultracet/Ultram horror stories....

Not trying to scare, just want you to be aware and use them wisely for your pain. Take care and God bless,
mihelle

Closed Thread