It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 07:15 PM   #1

dschne HB User
sub dr appt help

Well I am going to go ahead and go to the appointment tomorrow morning and was wondering if anyone had some input on what to expect on this lowly event **** it makes me sick thinking why im going to the doc.thanks for your help....D

Old 04-26-2004, 07:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User
Re: sub dr appt help

Makes you sick? You are about to save your life by what you are doing. I'm serious. I'm on it and it saved mine. I don't crave or anything. It's helped w/my depression, my ADD, my anxiety (a little) and everything else. I would recommend that you get an antidepressant too, k? I think I already told you this but just in case I didn't... it will help. Saving your life, this is what you are doing. My advice is go in to his office in withdrawals if you can (early withdrawals so no more short acting opiates after about 8:00 tonight). If you are on a longer acting... then just be honest w/him and he'll give you what you need.

In my experience, I was in full blown withdrawals and I guess my doc thought it was too late to give me Suboxone in his office so... he put me on the fentanyl patch for three weeks straight,... got me good and addicted to THAT and then I got on Suboxone. Anyway, I used to think he was a crack... now Idon't know. He's done alot for me. He could be using me for money coming out of the butt... but he doesn't. Only makes me trust him. Anyway, my doc let me pick out the dose that was good for me and that's important. Most people get by on 8 mgs... some people take as low as 2 mgs and others are taking 16 - 20 mgs per day. You are NOT going to regret making this decision. I cannot wait to hear about what he has to say... Please keep us posted, k?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 07:31 PM   #3

dschne HB User

Thanks the nurse told me not to stop before i came in I asked but I guess I wont take anything in the morning then already did tonight lortab. And when you want I will be glad to tell you about the Wesiman method its in BH I had to fly there felt prety ****** on the flight home can remeber that....

Old 04-26-2004, 07:41 PM   #4

sammi HB User

Just wanted to let you know that I posted to you on your other thread "my story, looking for help".

Good luck and like Banker said, you will not regret it......................
Sammi

Old 04-27-2004, 04:30 AM   #5
Inactive

sadsister HB User

Its the suboxone support team-here..You should take to this treatment/very easily..for myself-the first few days were tough..cos my habit was big-and i was doing strong drugs-but for most-they feel better right away-it really depends-what drugs/how much,etc.
No matter what-w/in a couple days you will be saying-what addiction?
Honestly-sometimes it seems i was never addicted-of course-i know i was on deaths doorstep when i got to suboxone-but its been close to a year-and i feel so much better w/o using..its amazing.
im one of those people who thought there was no hope-well sub saved my life..and it will save yours too.
Wishing you all good things-
heather

Old 04-27-2004, 09:45 AM   #6

dschne HB User

Well I went this morning and it really wasnt a big deal told doc what i had been taking we talked awhile and he gave a big pill right there in his office while talking to him and it went under my tongue i think it the 8mg anyways felst some kind of buzz a little weird and he gave me one more to take this evening around 5-6 he said then I have to go back tomorrow morning to see how im doing he said may have to increase the sub to 3 times a day maybe then on friday I have another appt to start the suboxone not just subutex he also said do not take any vic,s now or friday will be pure hell so we will see i will keep you all posted im headed for the gym now.and I dont have to work the rest of the week and want ot play golf tomorrow so I have really high hopes for this oh and he said this whole process should last only 1 month to 3 months just depends on me..Thanks all for your courage to do something instead of eating 30-40 lortabs today.I still want to eat my blues right now but know i shouldnt so i wont need to use my will power and trust in god to help me......its a beautigul day in houston today talk to ya/ll later.Dan

Old 04-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #7

dschne HB User

One more thing this doc is a addictionoligist/phyco doc and he told me I have to wean off the xanax and ambien also so will do that tonight as well A part of me is really feeling excited to get this over and get free another part feels prety buzzed from the subotex and another is really scred and finally the big one wnating to grab my handful of blues but headed out to the gym so I know that will help....thanks for all the love and support.....I am so glad I found this place.

Old 04-28-2004, 02:48 PM   #8

tryinmybest HB User

Dschne,

Let me share some of my experiences. You said you expect a hard time for thr first few days. My experience was that as soon as I went on sub, the cravings pretty much stopped. The transition was very easy from hydro to sub. I had no withdrawal at all. You will find a comfortable level very quickly. 4 mg per day held me with no wd's. In the last 30 days I went to 1 mg per day. Now that was a bit uncomfortable but not bad enough to keeo me from work and all my evryday stuff. There are side effects. Blurred vision, some rashes and uncomfortable GI stuff. None bad enough to cause me to stop but they helped me find the right dose. When I lowered mine, most side effects went away! So, good luck and I'll be glad to share if you have questions.

TMB

Old 04-30-2004, 01:29 PM   #9

dschne HB User
Smile Re: sub dr appt help

WOW DIVINE ITERVENTION is all I can say right now. Hello everyone sorry havnt posted for a few days but have been off and busy with feild day at school and baseball for my daughter anyways , this is so weird the DOC I have been seeing well turns out that first had I gone to my workplace and told the EAP dept that I have a problem he is the DOC they would have sent me too he takes of peple from my company now on top of that I took my Mom with me to the DOC this morning who is visiting from Palm Springs and and also happened to get out of The Betty Ford Center 1 month ago well turns out My DOC is in recovery has 16years in AA told my mom where the closest meeting for her was around my house.This is is all weird out of the 20 or so Docs that I had a list for in houston I just happened to call him 2nd and go to him kinda weird huh.

Anyways today he swithed me over to the suboxone 3.5 pills per day for the next 8 days then I go back in on may 7 to see how I am doing and Honestly I feel great today been working out all my vitamins and prayer. This has been worth every nickle ( not cheap) but litterly no withdrawl,s he told me today that he is going to see down the road thru evealuation to see if I am a addict for just addicted to this stuff time will tell dont want any cross addictions.Also cutinging down on my benzo,s slowly and will hopefully be done with those in the next week or 2 still using them for sleep but will work on just sleeping naturally. It is so great to not be in the fog all day and wake barley be able to wake up in the morning woke up today on my own at 6.30am and felt great made breakfast and was ready to roll.well thats it for now and I REALLY WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERYONE ONE OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP,SUPPORT,LOVE,TOUGH LOVE AND GEIDANCE.I really feel im on the right path now again.see ya/ll Dan

Closed Thread