It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 10:54 PM   #1
(female)

DannDees HB User
Attn: Simply Stupid

HI, so you relasped, so what!! You can never give up! About sitting around the house and getting nothing done, don't beat yourself up over either one. I have 3 boys ages, (16 & busy)
(10 & big slob) (5 & very needy) .
They were all told mommy is sick. I am a housewife so of course all of them and my husband are used to doing nothing. Today was the first day I didn't spend my entire day either on the couch,bed or in the bath. The guilt was killing me for 10 days. Well my house looks like a tornado went through it. I have never seen it this bad. I don't even know where to start. Think of it as a reward to yourself for getting off the pills. I promise if you sit around the house for awhile , the mess will still be there. MINE SURE IS! And a brighter future will be awaiting you. I really don't know what to say to someone to make them want to quit, since I was scared straight. Besides , I think you already want to quit. Please try not to hate your life, it is a gift from god. We grow so much through our trials and tribulations. I am a very weak person and if I can quit methadone you can do it. you really really can!!!best of luck SHELLY

Old 04-27-2004, 02:13 PM   #2
(female)

StarToo HB User
Re: Attn: Simply Stupid

SS, You can do this. I can't tell you how many times I relapsed from hydro and fiorinal. I used to barrel race and when I fell from my horse, my Dad would make me get up and start again. It was tough. But i did it, and I'm doing this too. I am keeping a goal in my mind all of the time. I don't know about you but I can't taper. I just don't have the willpower for it. A good, understanding dr. can give you some clonidine and very short term benzo to get you through. This may be the toughest thing you have ever done, but you can do it. I know you can. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong and stay strong? I'm off to another ball game... Star

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 03:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

you no how many attempts it took for me to get off methadone i can't even count just get back up and try again like startoo said find an understanding doc that will help get you through this you should be proud of your self for even trying to do this it shows your getting fed up so just get back up wipe yourself off and try again relapses happen these are hard to get off and you have my full and complete thoughts with you hang in there BIG HUGS!!!!!kelleigh

Old 04-27-2004, 04:50 PM   #4

staceyy HB User

S.S. any thing worth doing in life is hard work I was a cronich relaper. stilll struggling becacuse the doc had me on xanax I had to start all over. don't give in don't give up
and hey star I use to barrle race C.G.A. champion Ironic
Goddess Bless
Stacey

Last edited by staceyy; 04-27-2004 at 04:50 PM.

Closed Thread