It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User
Talking hi danndees

hi danndees just checking in on you seeing if everything is still going ok i'm so happy for you in your last post you said you felt great i know i post you alot but i just want to make sure your ok it's a hard road and we need all the support we can get GOOD JOB!!!! kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 04-27-2004 at 11:35 AM.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:54 AM   #2
(female)

DannDees HB User
Re: hi danndees

I never feel like you post me alot. I am ever so grateful for all of your post. It helps knowing I am not nuts in the feelings I have. I thought yesterday I was all done, but then came last night. The legs twitched and the insomnia kicked in. I am hanging tough. I have read so many post and I still am not getting it. Why do the legs only act up at night. By the way I read one of your other post and seen that you have D.D.D. that is exactly what is wrong with my back. I just made an appointment with a new kind of therapy dr. ..these disc can repair themselves. They actually put you on table that spreads apart , so your bones seperate. It has to be a commitment if using this method because until the disc start to reform you have to go daily. I am willing to do anything. I do not want to get back to having so much pain where I am tempted to get a methadone. I will always have easy access to them and that scares me. How are you doing? What exactly are you all on now? and what is each one of them for?..I am a total idiot when it comes to meds since I have really never been on any except for the methadone. also very curious, don't answer if you don't want, but how old are you? take care! shelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 12:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

i dont mind you asking im 32 the meds im on are klonopin for anxiety, lexapro for depression and anxiety, and neurotnin for pain doesnt work that well but i'll do any thing i am suppose to be taking vicodin but i dont want to because i dont want to fall back i have 60 tabs just sitting there but i wont touch them im also taking a ton of vitamins especially vitamin b because its suppose to work for anxiety coming off methadone really messed me up and i was always so tempted just to go back knowing that it would stop the horrific ordeal and about your legs the thing with methadone is you can have 2 good days and then a bad day because it stores itself so deeply in your body keep me posted on how you're doing kelleigh p.s how do i find out about that procedure you mentioned

Last edited by no patience; 04-27-2004 at 12:26 PM.

Old 04-27-2004, 12:39 PM   #4
(female)

DannDees HB User

geez I wish i was just arounds the corner so I could just come chat. I don't type as fast as I think so sometimes it gets hard. I am going to call and see if they have a website. IT use to be called vax-d and now they call it spine trex...you seem like a pro at this net stuff so maybe with those you might beable to find out something..will get back after I make call. I was told that I was extremely young to have the d.d.d. so bad. so now we have another thing in common. I am 33. both too young for our backs to feel like we are 80. I think my 9lb. baby when I was 17 and anly weighed 105 myself did it to my back. I had back labor with all 3 of my boys which I'm sure didn't help matters either.

Old 04-27-2004, 12:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

i had a 10 lb no c section thats amazing we have alot in common where are you from you can tell me i asked the mods if its ok to say where were from i'll definitly look that up on the computer by the way i'm from mass iwish you were right around the corner it is hard typing all this stuff cause you never know if you forgot to say something it's a pain they think me having such a hard delivery with my daughter is what caused my bulging disc and stuff chat later hugs kelleigh

Old 04-27-2004, 06:03 PM   #6
(female)

DannDees HB User

kelleigh , Hey , no c section here either . although I begged them to cut him out for 48 hours. So glad now they didn't..I am currently in Illinois. Funny how you found dr. to give you a pain medication for the back..I had everything from putting needles in my back to shock , but never pain meds. Although I never asked because I thought they would make me sleep and I already loved sleep more then the average person..My mom was on neurontin when she was alive for her diabetic neurapothy (legs), no wonder it doesn't work well on the back. Dr. called me in 3 sleeping pills.debating now on picking them up.100 mg. amitrypilene (sp). sounds pretty strong to me, but still need to try and find out more about them before I swallow. Back pain institute did not answer phone today. I left message . hopefully will have something for you soon. take care...It's nice to hear that you feel good lately.

Old 04-28-2004, 04:24 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannDees
kelleigh , Hey , no c section here either . although I begged them to cut him out for 48 hours. So glad now they didn't..I am currently in Illinois. Funny how you found dr. to give you a pain medication for the back..I had everything from putting needles in my back to shock , but never pain meds. Although I never asked because I thought they would make me sleep and I already loved sleep more then the average person..My mom was on neurontin when she was alive for her diabetic neurapothy (legs), no wonder it doesn't work well on the back. Dr. called me in 3 sleeping pills.debating now on picking them up.100 mg. amitrypilene (sp). sounds pretty strong to me, but still need to try and find out more about them before I swallow. Back pain institute did not answer phone today. I left message . hopefully will have something for you soon. take care...It's nice to hear that you feel good lately.
i was on amitriptyline its basically an antidepressant but they also use it fo sleep cause it makes you drowsy i know i can't believe drs can just hand out methadone like it's candy when i first went on it i was aware it was a narcotic but not the narcotic from hell i had those epidural steroid injections oh my gosh i will never do it again i was a big baby to bad you're so far away i think i definitly have a new friend and ont that can relate to my ordeal chat later good luck with the back pain ins. luv kelleigh

Old 04-28-2004, 05:54 AM   #8

tm67 HB User

I was curious about the neurontin.
I had a very good friend who was taking neurontin and 13 days later killed himself.
I have researched this and neurontin has been connected with this.
How have you been feeling on this?

Old 04-28-2004, 11:09 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm67
I was curious about the neurontin.
I had a very good friend who was taking neurontin and 13 days later killed himself.
I have researched this and neurontin has been connected with this.
How have you been feeling on this?
WOW i'm sorry to hear that i read something about neurontin being linked to suicide i really haven't felt any different on it but you posting that i'm looking more into to it again i'm sorry about your friend that's awful kelleigh

Closed Thread