It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 11:08 PM   #1
Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User
Paranoid about my dr. appt tomorrow.

Ok, alot of things are running through my mind about my dr. appt tomorrow.
I have a dr. that i see (have not seen him in several weeks) about frequent headaches and menstural cramping. he is the one that i get my hydro from.
I was taking 5/500,(40, to last me 10 days, 4 a day) but my last refill was about 5 days ago, and he called in 5/325 this time (my pharmacist told me that he told her, he was wanting me to take less tylenol).
Anyway, like i said i have not seen him in several weeks.
when i run out of what he gives me, i buy from op's. I am taking way more than what he prescribes.
i am paranoid, that maybe tomorrow he will want to run some tests on me or something, and he will find out somehow that i am taking more hydro. than i should be taking?????? Is something like that possible, or am i just worrying too much? Does anyone know the answer to that??? I KNOW that i have a problem but i just don't think that i am ready to confess to him tomorrow.
thank you........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 06:05 AM   #2

sammi HB User
Re: Paranoid about my dr. appt tomorrow.

Personally, I think having a complete blood work up is not a bad idea. They will be checking your liver profiles to make sure the tylenol has not damaged your liver. You sound just like me last Oct. because my Dr wanted lots of blood work done and I thought there would be a way he could tell I was using more than he was rx'ing, but there's not. You're only hurting yourself. Although your liver can only handle so much, so please be careful.
Have you thought about giving Sub a chance? Anyhow, just be careful Julie, you have a lot to lose.

Take care,
Sammi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 07:36 AM   #3
Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi
Personally, I think having a complete blood work up is not a bad idea. They will be checking your liver profiles to make sure the tylenol has not damaged your liver. You sound just like me last Oct. because my Dr wanted lots of blood work done and I thought there would be a way he could tell I was using more than he was rx'ing, but there's not. You're only hurting yourself. Although your liver can only handle so much, so please be careful.
Have you thought about giving Sub a chance? Anyhow, just be careful Julie, you have a lot to lose.

Take care,
Sammi

Sammi thank you for your response.
Yes, i have thought alot about sub. I think it sounds great, and i am really considering it.
i had an appt set up for yesterday but had to cancel (did not realize there was a school activity), so i rescheduled for today. well, i am going to call and reschedule the one for today, too. would not be a biggie but i have been having a crazy week, and there is something going on today too (besides the fact that i have to go to work so that is part of it too)....also this dr. is a 35 minute drive so thats a big part of it.
i was panicing last night, but this morning i feel better about going to the dr.
sammi, your post helped alot to make me feel better, thank you.

Old 04-28-2004, 01:46 PM   #4
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Hey Julie,

When you reschedule your appointment and go, please let me know how it went! This (the sub) may be a great option for you!

Take care,
Michelle

Old 04-28-2004, 02:51 PM   #5
Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 3:16
Hey Julie,

When you reschedule your appointment and go, please let me know how it went! This (the sub) may be a great option for you!

Take care,
Michelle
Hi Michelle
okay, i will be sure to let you know how it goes.
please, tell me how YOU are doing...
I have been thinking about you.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

blue julie i just looked up on the net i dont know about urine or blood tests but in a hair test they can determine how much meds you are using at least thats what the net said but i don't think he would go that far kelleigh don't quote me on this though it's just what the website said

Last edited by no patience; 04-29-2004 at 01:55 PM.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:42 PM   #7
Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User

HI
I did go to my dr. today, it was a quick visit becasue he had a family emergency and he was in a huge hurry.
He asked me a few questions, about the lortab and frova that he prescribes me.
I told him lately i have had to take more than 4 lortabs a day, and he said he really wants me to stick with the 4 a day only, and rotate it with the ibuprofen (he asked me if i would like vioxx but i have tried it in the past and it doesn't work for me a bit also i have heard that it is bad for you).
he wrote me a script for another month, for the 5/325.
that was about it, guys.
i did not come clean with him.

Old 04-30-2004, 02:36 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

[QUOTE=bluejulie5]HI
I did go to my dr. today, it was a quick visit becasue he had a family emergency and he was in a huge hurry.
He asked me a few questions, about the lortab and frova that he prescribes me.
I told him lately i have had to take more than 4 lortabs a day, and he said he really wants me to stick with the 4 a day only, and rotate it with the ibuprofen (he asked me if i would like vioxx but i have tried it in the past and it doesn't work for me a bit also i have heard that it is bad for you).
he wrote me a script for another month, for the 5/325.
that was about it, guys.
i did not come clean with him.[/QUOTE

Last edited by no patience; 04-30-2004 at 02:37 PM.

Old 04-30-2004, 02:40 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

BLUEJULIE well maybe next time when you're ready you will it's tough i know i've been in your shoes hang in there kelleigh

Closed Thread