It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 11:38 PM   #1

JKIII HB User
Red face Hydro-Getting Clean...HELP

All....I was in an auto accident March 2003 (hit by a school bus) and have had Chiro, PT , injections and a single level fusion w/ discectomy. i have been on approx. 80 mg Hydro for about 8 months. The fuddion was approx two months ago and i am doing much better. Still have pain...but NO WHERE near the constant apin levels from before. I have three kids and a wife and have GOT TO get off of ALL pain meds.How long will this take (Approx) and what meds will help out? I am doen to approx 60 mg a day not but sometimes use as little as 30 mg.

PLEASE HELP...I need to resolve this ASAP as I need to get back to work. I start feeling withdrawals after less than 24 hours without (including flu like symptoms and vomiting) so I neecd to be clean qithing a week or so.
Vicodiin ES for pain
Robaxin
Lodine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 01:58 PM   #2

staceyy HB User
Re: Hydro-Getting Clean...HELP

Jk111, Hi I just wanted to say a few encourageing words. First if you are commited to stop the cycle start tappering you said your takeing 60 so tommarrow 50 for a week 40 for a week and so on. I am not the exspert on getting of pain killers Herion yes pills no. But I just wanted to not let your post go unanswered
Goddess Bless
Stacey

Last edited by staceyy; 04-28-2004 at 01:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 02:17 PM   #3
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Hi JK,

Sounds like you are ready to quit pretty quickly here, so, just begin to drop your pill intake a little every couple of days or so. When you are done with the pills get yourself the following over the counter meds-

Immodium AD (for tummy problems)
Motrin or Advil (for restless, achy legs and muscles)
Benedrly (for watery eyes and runny nose and may help with sleep)
L-Tyrosine (vitamin/mineral for energy)

You may need the following prescription meds-

Valium or Xanax (for the shakes and heebie jeebies, BUT, just use for a week or so as they are very addicting)
Phenegran (for nausea and vomitting and may help with sleep)
Clonidine Patch (for the shakes and skin crawling, AND, if you use this you may not need the Valium or Xanax, which would be better for you in the long run)

Take lots and lots of hot baths in epsom salt, drink PLENTY of water or gatorade, try to exercise, and start on a multi vitamin and a B6 vitamin.

The withdrawals will usually subside within three or four days and then you will be left with insomnia, lethargy, and possibly some mild depression. From everyone's story who has beaten this on the board, this will go away in time!

Best of luck, hang in there, and God bless,
Michelle

Old 04-28-2004, 02:18 PM   #4

dsny HB User

If your saying that you need to be clean in about a week then I would stop and not taper today.I stopped taking hydro's cold turkey and although it was tough you can do it.The first week is the toughest with the first three days the worst.I used Benadryl and Melatonin for sleep,Immodium for the diarhea and some L Tryisone for my energy levels,you can also use some Advil or Aleve for the muscle cramps.I was at the peek of my addiction on about 225mgs of Hydro's per day and I was back to work after two weeks clean so you can do this also.Stay as active as possible and drink alot of water and I can't stress how much that has helped me!The water helps flush your system of all the crap in your system and made me feel better faster.I wish you luck and pray that you have success.

Last edited by dsnyken; 04-28-2004 at 02:20 PM.

Closed Thread