It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 05:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User
Question somebody help!!!!!!

on april 7 i was prescribed vicodin from my pain management center being how i took my self off methadone because my tolerence just kept going up i don't know what to do i have 60 hydros sitting there because i'm scared to ruin what i accomplished but i am in so much pain the doc said take one every 8 hours with a celebrex i just don't know what to do i'm so scared to take one because of what could happen my dr is monitoring them and told me i have to bring my bottle with me when i see him which he'll see a full bottle anyway can some one help me i just don't want to ruin 86 days w/o methadone and i've tried every pain reliever there is vioxx bextra celebrex ibuprofun and so on please help thanks kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 04-28-2004 at 05:24 AM.

Old 04-28-2004, 12:48 PM   #2

staceyy HB User
Re: somebody help

Kelleigh, Hey If you are 86 days w/o meth please don't take any thing but non narcotic pain relievers!!! I know it is tough the pain I was a herion addict I know about the pain but you are looking at troubleI wish I coould give you more support but I will tell you I know kickin meth is worse than H. if you can do this long with nothing you can go the distantce
Goddess Bless
Stacey

Last edited by staceyy; 04-28-2004 at 12:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 01:22 PM   #3
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Kalleigh,

I don't have alot of right giving out advice, but, could not let your post slip by for the mere fact that you have come so very far!!! And I know, from experience, you may think you can take just a couple for pain and it will be okay, but it won't! PLEASE don't ruin what you have worked so hard for!! Just simply tell your doctor that the vicodin makes you too sleepy and ask him to help you find a effective non-narcotic med. That's it!

Have you tried Bextra? My f-i-l says it helps him and he is a recovering cancer patient. Just a thought...

Please stay strong and God bless,
michelle

Old 04-28-2004, 01:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyy
Kelleigh, Hey If you are 86 days w/o meth please don't take any thing but non narcotic pain relievers!!! I know it is tough the pain I was a herion addict I know about the pain but you are looking at troubleI wish I coould give you more support but I will tell you I know kickin meth is worse than H. if you can do this long with nothing you can go the distantce
Goddess Bless
Stacey
thanks for your input i really appreciate it i'm just so confused i've just tried everything for pain even that steroid injection and it's such a shame that narcotics are the only thing that releive the pain i guess i'll just do the right thing and give them back at my next appointment thanks for your support kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 04-28-2004 at 01:43 PM.

Old 04-28-2004, 01:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 3:16
Kalleigh,

I don't have alot of right giving out advice, but, could not let your post slip by for the mere fact that you have come so very far!!! And I know, from experience, you may think you can take just a couple for pain and it will be okay, but it won't! PLEASE don't ruin what you have worked so hard for!! Just simply tell your doctor that the vicodin makes you too sleepy and ask him to help you find a effective non-narcotic med. That's it!

Have you tried Bextra? My f-i-l says it helps him and he is a recovering cancer patient. Just a thought...

Please stay strong and God bless,
michelle
michelle unfortunatly i've tried vioxx bextrta , celebrex naperson and so on thats why my pain doc resorted to taking the hydros with a celebrex but i know once i take one it's over thanks so much for replying any support helps me in my decision and i think i'm just gonna give them back because if i flush them he'll think i took them all cause like i said hes monitoring them thanks so much kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 04-28-2004 at 01:49 PM.

Closed Thread