It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 03:47 PM   #1

wolfrider HB User
Question Help need info on Detox from He.ll o

undefinedundefined just got the nerve to post instead of lurk. I fell 18 ft when I was 24 and when I hit 40 i bulged 4 disk L4 L5 S1 S2 have ddd spondy and sciatac pain. I was detoxed in a hospital in Jan and I don't remember much for the 12 days I was there I don't know what they had me taking, but I thought I was dieing !! They detoxed me off methadone 10 mg 3 4x day,clonazepam 1mg 3 x day, soma 350 mg 1 4x day, desyrel 10 mg at bed, effexorxr 225 in mornin. I have been on those and others morphine, hdyro. percet. valium, plus the eip's, nervblocks, and cortisone shots for 12 yrs. Now they have me on hi blood pressure toprol xl, celebrex200 2 x day, flexeril 10 mg 3 x day, buspar 15 mg 3 x day ultracet 37.5mg 2 3x day and desyrel 150 at bed. My gp says I've been down the roaqd and back on everthing, and he won't give anything stronger than the ultracet, it helps a little but does nothing for the big pains and muscle spas's, or anxiitity I have if anyone can offer any help I would sure like to hear it, I really need to see what if any options I have left, I know surgury is out per 3 different dr. so I'm between a rock and a hard place. Thankx for reading. I'll take any and all help I can get..

Last edited by wolfrider; 04-28-2004 at 03:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2004, 05:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Help need info on Detox from He.ll o

I think the best thing for you to do would be to find a really good pain clinic to help you with this.I did not get any good relief from my intractable pain until i started with my current pain doc.they have many different modalities for treating over the top pain,not just meds

Have you tried any of the anti seizure meds like neurontin?or any of the tricyclic anti depression meds like elavil?These types of drugs seem to have the best effect on relieving nerve pain.Narcotics don't always work the best on the type of pain that you are having.i would ask your GP to refer you to a pain clinic.They are much more knowledgable than a regular GP when it comes to treating severe,chronic pain.

Good luck and I hope you can find some good relief soon.I know how you feel. Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2004, 07:55 AM   #3

wolfrider HB User

Feelbad thanks for your input I was beginning to think no one would answer. Yes I tried neurotin, and keppra, and topamax,they didn't do any good with the pain or the muscle spas. its been along time since I took elvil an I think they gave me that to help me sleep, I've also had a tens unit but it made things worse. I made an appt. with my PM Dr yesterday but not sure if he will see me after I went to detox, my gp sent me because I was haveing blackouts and I didn't get a chance to call PM DR I was so afraid of the black outsand very confused as to what was happening to me. I hope the fear is unfounded. I am afraid to use opiates again,but right now I have no life I can't even sit up long enough to eat supper with my hubby!! I hope to find another way to stop the pain I was hopeing for suggestions from some of the board members I don't think I will live through another detox !! Thanks again. Deb

Old 04-30-2004, 12:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Deb, I wanted to bump this up for you. I don't know anything about the back pain, but there are some people on this board who do. I just went through a detox off of pain pills and klonopin as well. I take elavil and topamax at night now. I hope you are able to work something out with a pain management doctor; go for another one if you get blown off, but be sure to share your history.

I hope someone is able to offer you some good advice! I will send some positive energy your way though. Good luck,

rosie

Old 04-30-2004, 08:13 AM   #5

wolfrider HB User

Rosie, ty for your input, I hope my Pm Dr will take me back, and help me to find what I need. I thank you for your energy thought too, it always helps to know someone else cares even if you've never met. I wish you well on your recovery and will keep you in my thoughts also. love and light Deb

Closed Thread