It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2004, 09:50 PM   #1

HumbleMan10248 HB User
please help form recovering cocoaine addcit

hi any crack or cocaine recovering addcits out there i need some advice, ive bee using crack for 8 motnhs..trying to kick as i wirte this.. and lately i feel tightness in chest i wanted to know if having heart attck non fatal or even fatal is rare or not so rare occurence i hope recoevering addicts will know about thi form experince

humble

Old 04-30-2004, 04:07 AM   #2
Inactive

sadsister HB User
Re: please help form recovering cocoaine addcit

Hi humble-
Im not a crack addict-but ive got first hand exp.w/ some close friends-who had a rough ride w/ that drug-and from all accounts its a tough one.
You got one great aspect going for ya-No real physical withdrawal..thats a huge bonus..like us opiate addicts-we are tortured w/ physical/debilitating illness-that makes the flu look fun..
As far as the mental aspect-thats the kicker-its supposedly really mentally addictive/cravings etc..well so is H/pills-etc..so i get that part of it.
From the people i know that used it-one person had to move out of state-(geographical cure)..to stay away from his dealer/friends-another chose rehab-to get intensive therapy and anti-anxiety meds.
I would seek out drug counseling/therapy to work on the issues-that led you to addiction..can't hurt-NA/AA is filled w/ recovered coke/crack users-you could get alot of support there.
Do you get chest pains during use?Or when your straight/and craving?
Ive used crack many times when i was active-it made my heart race/chest hurt-thats why i didn't like it-i thought i was having a heart attack.
You are probably suffering from panic/anxiety-from kicking the crack-but if you are really nervous or feel like somethings wrong-go get checked out in your local er/or doctors-they can perform a stress test-to see if there is a problem..
As you know-it can be a deadly game-as is the opiates-but more than likely you are anxious from getting off the drug.
Many times-a benzo is prescribed for anxiety during w/d-such as valium to calm you-
keep us posted..
heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2004, 08:35 AM   #3
Inactive

Karla HB User

I used cocaine and never felt chest tightness. However, I did overdose on the stuff a couple of times before I learned to finally stay away from the stuff. I would convulse and then my heart went nuts and quit on me. I had to be resesitated. Not a fun experience. Luckily my husband found me both times before it was to late. I've been clean for 11 years now. It is possible to get off the stuff. You just really got to want to.

Old 04-30-2004, 11:38 PM   #4
Veteran

howard678 HB User

Deaths from cocaine overdose are surprisingly not real common unless other drugs like herion are put in the mix. They sure happen though. One heart pounding, sweating episode was enough to keep me away from that poison for good. Is horrifying thining about what that stuff does to your body. And I was never one that got the sexual benefits from it. It only made me paranoid and disinterested in such. I am currently tapering off of benzos (Valium), a long drawn out process to avoid abrupt discontinuation and a nightmare all it`s own. But will tell you, cocaine scares me more than any drug out there. Kick the stuff.

Old 05-01-2004, 07:32 AM   #5

staceyy HB User

Humble, You quote 2 pac There is noow other person who can put words together like he did. I was a crack addici for 13years I know what a b----- it is to get off it but the difference between coke and herion is coke is a mind
f---ing drug it not physical. How I stop useing coke was I was tiried of spending 500.00 a night to look out the peep hole in the door. I had cravings for a while but there gone now it dose pass find some faith any faith. GGGood Luck to you keep in touch

Goddess Bless
Stacey

Old 05-01-2004, 10:42 PM   #6

scrubjen HB User

Hey there. I am recovering from crack cocaine addiction. I had shortness of breath, like I had been running a marathon. Usually this was after going for a few days straight, though. I don't think heart attacks are the norm, but they definitely can and do occur. If you truly want to quit, I recommend attending an NA meeting, it has been my experience that they work. Just keep this in mind...crack will lie to you. It's just a big lie. What has it done for you lately? It's not worth it, especially if you suspect cardiac trouble.

Old 05-02-2004, 06:13 AM   #7

Bacne HB User

I'm dealing with a cocaine (powder) addiction right now in my life. Its been a noticable problem for the last two years, little over one year of using 3 times a week. Its a drug that can take you down fast, but you'll also most likely kick it sooner than some other drugs like opiates. Even though I haven't kicked yet I've been analyzing the drug and its addiction like crazy for the last year or so.

I say, and this is just an opinion, get educated. Pick up the book Recovering Options by Volpicelli. I really like it because its honest and the author is very knowledgable. Also, remember this; your life is not worth wasting another day on this drug. So do anything that can help you. Try the lighter methods first (like meetings) but if all else fails don't be afraid to get yourself away from the drug for a while. Don't keep trying to beat it mentally. It will probably work eventually but not until you go through a bunch of stress.

No fear. Feel welcome to p.m if you want to talk. Be proud of yourself for looking for help.

Closed Thread