It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2004, 02:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User
Question danndees are you still out there?

danndees i want to know how you're doing i miss chatting with you WHERE ARE YOU HOPE YOUR OK!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2004, 05:16 PM   #2
(female)

DannDees HB User
Re: danndees are you still out there?

Hi, I am doing great!! Sounds like from your post you are just as well. I am on my 15th day without methadone.. I slept last night without any help .. I think I am all better. I was told over and over by people that it takes about 2 weeks and it seems people know what they are talking about. Although the 2 weeks felt like forever it was well worth it. I find myself so interested in addiction, dependency, withdraws, & how the brain works.. It never interested me before, but after what I went through I keep finding myself looking for answers as to WHY. Are you down on any of your meds? Believe me, I know what back pain can feel like but meds that mess with your brain can not possibly be good for us.. Methadone advocates will argue thier asses off that It does no damage but I know better..Are you having depression or anxiety any more? I think I am a little depressed but I think I want to ride it out for a while..Talk to you later

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2004, 06:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannDees
Hi, I am doing great!! Sounds like from your post you are just as well. I am on my 15th day without methadone.. I slept last night without any help .. I think I am all better. I was told over and over by people that it takes about 2 weeks and it seems people know what they are talking about. Although the 2 weeks felt like forever it was well worth it. I find myself so interested in addiction, dependency, withdraws, & how the brain works.. It never interested me before, but after what I went through I keep finding myself looking for answers as to WHY. Are you down on any of your meds? Believe me, I know what back pain can feel like but meds that mess with your brain can not possibly be good for us.. Methadone advocates will argue thier asses off that It does no damage but I know better..Are you having depression or anxiety any more? I think I am a little depressed but I think I want to ride it out for a while..Talk to you later
glad to hear your doing well the depression is a little better but the anxiety is kicking my a$$ i think my problem is for 2 to 3 years i did'nt have to deal with anxiety and have to learn to cope with it all over again i am the same way i have to research every thing now i've researched every thing from brain chemicals to different stages of w/d and so on it just helped me so much through such an awful time i'm glad for you that you're back on the road to good wish i could say the same for me this drug really messed me up bad i guess because we are all different but i am so happy for you one question what made you finally stop post back soon kelleigh

Old 04-30-2004, 08:46 PM   #4
(female)

DannDees HB User

kelleigh,hi, thanks for caring..heres my story of why and how i quit:
Everyone I knew kept telling me I was forgetting everything. I would ask my son where he was and he would say "mom, I told you before I left I was going to baseball game" I really had no recall of cconversation but husband heard him.This started happening alot. My husband planned on taking this week coming up off so I could quit. Then I went to emergency room because of not crapping for 8 days and while waiting for test results to come back I prayed to God to please let the results come back ok. I promised God I would never take the pill again. Well, I came home and my husband tried to talk me into waiting until now so he could be home with me but I refused because I didn"t tell God I would quit in a couple weeks, I told him never again. Just think I would just now be starting the withdraws had I waited..So glad I didn"t. I pretty much always knew it wasn't right but at the same time it felt so right. I would always talk myself into it being ok because I thought I wasn't getting high off of it.
The funniest thing is that the whole time I was going through w/d I didn't want a pill. Now that I feel ok, I actually had thought today of hmm. that pill sounds nice right about now. I am wondering if maybe I was getting a lil buzz off the thing. I think I was..Never really wanted to admit that to anyone including myself.
Thats my story of why I quit...I know for a fact had I not promised God to quit, I would've taken pill to stop the withdraws. I also know that if I had any idea of what the w/d's were like I would've never made that promise to him but I did, so noone ever has to worry about me ever taking one again..Hope your journey is a continued success. You should be so proud of yourself. I am telling you that you have to be one strong person to keep off the methadone after going through trouble for soooooooo long. I would like to think that I would be that strong but I don't think I could.. I hope one day you find something to help your back that doesn't have to mess with the brain chemistry. talk to you later...

Old 05-01-2004, 05:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannDees
kelleigh,hi, thanks for caring..heres my story of why and how i quit:
Everyone I knew kept telling me I was forgetting everything. I would ask my son where he was and he would say "mom, I told you before I left I was going to baseball game" I really had no recall of cconversation but husband heard him.This started happening alot. My husband planned on taking this week coming up off so I could quit. Then I went to emergency room because of not crapping for 8 days and while waiting for test results to come back I prayed to God to please let the results come back ok. I promised God I would never take the pill again. Well, I came home and my husband tried to talk me into waiting until now so he could be home with me but I refused because I didn"t tell God I would quit in a couple weeks, I told him never again. Just think I would just now be starting the withdraws had I waited..So glad I didn"t. I pretty much always knew it wasn't right but at the same time it felt so right. I would always talk myself into it being ok because I thought I wasn't getting high off of it.
The funniest thing is that the whole time I was going through w/d I didn't want a pill. Now that I feel ok, I actually had thought today of hmm. that pill sounds nice right about now. I am wondering if maybe I was getting a lil buzz off the thing. I think I was..Never really wanted to admit that to anyone including myself.
Thats my story of why I quit...I know for a fact had I not promised God to quit, I would've taken pill to stop the withdraws. I also know that if I had any idea of what the w/d's were like I would've never made that promise to him but I did, so noone ever has to worry about me ever taking one again..Hope your journey is a continued success. You should be so proud of yourself. I am telling you that you have to be one strong person to keep off the methadone after going through trouble for soooooooo long. I would like to think that I would be that strong but I don't think I could.. I hope one day you find something to help your back that doesn't have to mess with the brain chemistry. talk to you later...
dandees i promised god the same thing that is amazing i told my self all the same things you did i'm not taking it for the euphoria just for the pain well one day i got in a little car accident and ilost my bottle and i called the doc and he said sorry you're not due for 6 days so there is nothing i can do and of course me not knowing how long methadone w/d was i said 6 days i can just stop why wait 6 days deep down i knew my tolerence was high and i knew it would just keep getting worse well on feb 2 i said this is it i'm done i was tired of waiting for scripts i was on 30 mgs but taking 40 to 50 because my tolerence was getting higher and it was wearing off in like 4 to 5 hours and i'd be in pain again well when i ever talked to my sister who is a recovering heroin addict on the methadone clininc and she told me how long the w/ds were i thought i would die finally it was 10 days and i was still at my worst and you know what guess what i found my bottle of meth under my mattress when i was flipping it(i ususally hid it there because had a friend who liked methadone and liked to help herself) i wanted one so bad but then i remembered i promised god and flushed them and said ahh 4 more days you should be fine yeah right i went through that physical nightmare for 5 weeks and like you i obviously was forgetting stuff because i even forgot were iput my pills and i definitly still think about them like you but i swear i will never even touch another one again my life has been so screwed up after stopping and i know it's a slow process to get back to where i was but i will never forget this ordeal as long as i live that medicine took something from me i don't know what but no ssri can give me that back sorry so long thanks for listening kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 05-02-2004 at 04:53 AM.

Closed Thread