It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2004, 04:22 PM   #1

jenny1973 HB User
Rosie....

Hey..
i was just wondering how you are feeling and how things are going for you. Its been 17 days for me and I am just starting to feel like myself again. I am finially sleeping better. Just feel kindof sluggish and tired alot. I want to find a way to get my energy back. Thats what the pills did for me..give me energy. I miss that, however I will never go back to using. I never wanna go thru this again. How are you feeling?? Are you going to meetings?? I have actually been really bad about that one. Just wanted to see how things were going for you. Hope you are doing well and feeling good!
Jenny

Old 05-01-2004, 06:55 AM   #2
Inactive

John 808 HB User
Re: Rosie....

So proud of you, Jenny!

You are very strong in that I always caved due to that good ole "energy rush" the pills gave me! SO, hang in there as it sounds like you are surely coming around! I envy you!

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2004, 10:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Jenny, I too am tired and sluggish still, but forcing myself to go to meetings. I really think it's necessary to go as much as you can. They say we will feel better, huh? The closest thing I can relate the physical part to is when I used to take ephedra (aka Ma Huang) all the time and when I got pregnant I stopped completely and thought I would never feel awake again as long as I lived. But I really did eventually get all my energy back, though I don't remember how long it took. Less than 9 months, anyway, lol. I think just a couple weeks.

Thanks for posting me. I just got on for the first time this weekend and it was nice to see my name. Hubby worked on the yard sun up to sun down, so I was busy with the kids.

Glad you are sleeping well. Mine is getting better, too, although I am taking Elavil (an antidepressant) at night for its sedating effect, which helps alot. Benadryl helps alot too.

You sound so strong and so good. Keep hanging in there, we will make it.

luv,
rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny1973
Hey..
i was just wondering how you are feeling and how things are going for you. Its been 17 days for me and I am just starting to feel like myself again. I am finially sleeping better. Just feel kindof sluggish and tired alot. I want to find a way to get my energy back. Thats what the pills did for me..give me energy. I miss that, however I will never go back to using. I never wanna go thru this again. How are you feeling?? Are you going to meetings?? I have actually been really bad about that one. Just wanted to see how things were going for you. Hope you are doing well and feeling good!
Jenny

Old 05-01-2004, 11:17 PM   #4
Veteran

howard678 HB User

Rosietree,

I came across this and did reply to your post about the benzos. If sluggishness is your only symptom after coming off cold turkey please rejoice, and I`d suggest forgetting any notion of putting in Valium and doing a taper. If you are not shaking, feel like your head is in a vice, and/or dealing with intense muscle tension, neck, back, chest, elsewhere then you are walking on sunshine. Be grateful and move on. :-)

Old 05-02-2004, 10:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Howard, I just caught your post late last night--thanks so so much for your insight. I'll let you know where I'm at when I have a little time . . . today is hard.

luv,
rosie

Old 05-02-2004, 10:50 AM   #6
Veteran

howard678 HB User

Okay, hang tough Rosie, is light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 05-07-2004, 10:28 AM   #7

jenny1973 HB User

Rosie..
Sorry I have been a little busy lately trying to get everything back in order. I really let things go for awhile, but I needed too. Today is day 24 yippee! I am feeling alot better these past few days. I am glad you are doing well. I know the energy will come back in time cause I do notice a slight improvement everyday. I actually have been cleaning like a mad women and getting all kinds of stuff organized. Plus just dealing with all the kids sports and other activities. Today i am helping in my sons classroom. I am really feeling pretty good about things..its amazing. I am so incredibly happy for us and others who have taken this huge step. It really is gratifying. Keep up the good work?? Have you heard anything from ROOT? Hope he is doing ok!!
Jenny

Closed Thread