It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2004, 09:41 PM   #1

2good2goback HB User
To: Banker

You can do anything you want, I don't really drink, But I will have a beer everynow and then. What's really strange is, a girl I was dating where staying at a hotel, and I drank more than I can ever remember, Where I couldn't stand up. Stopped drinking, and was completely sober in about 1 hour. I have also played myself as a Guinea Pig, I took 150 mg of methadone and didn't feel a thing. So it's over, you can't get high anymore. But there is one more thing my doctor did for me, I am 39 and they say that all mem lose 2% of testoterone production per year minimum. Put me on replacement therapy, I lost every bit of fat, I wasn't overweight in the first place, but it all turned to muscle, increases your sex drive, but you control it, instead of it controlling you. I feel better know than I ever have. And when I do find somebody I want to be with, I can beat the brake shoes off of her for hours.
I hope no is offended. But this is a real condition called andropause, sometimes they call it male menopause. The women out there will love there husband to death if they are deficient and seek therapy. I have tried them all, and the only way it really works is a shot every month, nothing to it doesn't evening make you sore.

Gotta go

Good luck
Ya'll

Old 05-02-2004, 02:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User
Re: To: Banker

This makes me feel a lot better. I'm just now starting to date again and I want to be able to have a beer or glass of wine occassionally but I've been scared to death to mix it w/the Sub... thought I would end up w/my face in my plate at dinner if I did that but I'm glad to know I won't die or end up passed out if I have a drink. You don't know what you just did for me. This was one of my 'stupid' reasons for wanting to get off of Sub. So that I COULD have a drink on a date. I don't have a drinking problem but just wanted to make sure I could. So you're saying that if I do have a drink... that more than likely I won't feel it? Also, since I'm a woman, I guess those shots won't help me lose weight. And lord knows I do not need a higher sex drive. lol

How many mgs are you taking again and it's been a year? Do you get really sleepy at night? And thanks again for letting me know the above. I was scared to get off of Sub, not having a clue what I would do about the potenial cravings.... Thanks again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2004, 04:50 PM   #3

2good2goback HB User

You can get drunk if you keep drinking, but when you stop, about 1 hour later you will be almost straight again.
I also take 12-16 mg. per day. Sorry it's been so long since posting, I have been ing training, I have had a promotiom. But now I have my Mon-Fri 06:30-14:30 shift at the airport. I am ready to find someone to settle down with. Before I had some gut on me and weighted 205, now I'm 197 and you can't pinch any fat. I don't have a hard job physically, the hardest part there is going up and down stairs for 4 levels 50 times a day. I wiil try tho keep up here so, if you have any qquestions please ask

Old 06-22-2004, 07:36 PM   #4

dschne HB User

Hey Banker Just Wanted To Drop A Quick Note That Im Doing Great Havent Been On For 2 Weeks Will Get Some Time In The Next Day Or 2 But Am Clean And Doing Great.so How Are You Doing I Have Been Praying For You Everyday Still.will Talk Tomorrow.
See Ya Dan

Old 06-23-2004, 12:38 PM   #5

Beginagain2 HB User

Banker

My experience with drinking alcohol while on suboxone was that it made me feel awful. Everyone is different and you may be fine. For me the two just did not mix.

Are you still intent on getting off the suboxone? I have weaned down now to below 1 mg and it was not nearly as bad as I exected. I intend to wean down to .1mg or even .05mg before completely getting off. I have no drug cravings, I just want off. Most of the side effects that I did not like with suboxone went away at 2 mg. Today, I have just felt nervous but I just dropped my dose again. I expect that will pass in a few days. I am writing all this because I remember how afraid I was at just the thought of weaning off suboxone.

Peace Out

Closed Thread