It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2004, 04:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User
day 90 3 months no methadone

i should be celebrating this day but how can i when i take klonopin another sh--ty drug am i 90 days clean if i'm on benzos i feel like since i put the first klonopin in my mouth i ruined it this should be a happy day i thank god i'm off methadone i know opiates and benzos are 2 different things but am i really doing that well if i'm taking that who knows i just wish i could have done this with out the help of other meds i read so many posts that people did it all on there own and i envy them well just had to vent and try to be happy about 90 days but it's hard when you know you have to do it with another crappy a$$ drug thanks for listening kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 05-03-2004 at 04:50 AM.

Old 05-03-2004, 05:58 AM   #2

jorob HB User
Re: day 90 3 months no methadone

Kelleigh-

Oh my goodness - read your post again! You are off methadone for 90 days -CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Please don't get hung up on the little things and I do consider taking klonapin a little thing in the scope of the big picture. Would you have been off methadone if it hadn't been for the klonapin????

Sometimes people get too hung up on drugs. I was on Zoloft (granted not addictive) for 10 years when I had gastric bypass surgery. After the surgery the zoloft made me very sick to my stomach and I wasn't seeing a psychiatrist at the time, so I just stopped taking them. About 7 months later I was at my primary docs office complaining that I had been having some explosive anger issues - nothing violent, but certainly not in my character. I was asking her for some ativan. She questioned the anti depressants and felt I should go back on them. She gave me a script for zoloft and ativan to hold me until the zoloft kicked in. I'll tell you, what a difference being back on the zoloft. So I have to probably take an anti depressent for my whole life - so what? If I need to then I need to.

My point is, that to get off the methadone, you need the klonapin - so what? That's okay. You are now 90 days clean - oh my God - celebrate that!!!! You can worry about getting off the klonapin at another time. All things will come into place if you keep on the right track with the right intentions. You obviously are very strong to be where you are, so please rejoice in that.

Hugs
-Kathi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2004, 06:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorob
Kelleigh-

Oh my goodness - read your post again! You are off methadone for 90 days -CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Please don't get hung up on the little things and I do consider taking klonapin a little thing in the scope of the big picture. Would you have been off methadone if it hadn't been for the klonapin????

Sometimes people get too hung up on drugs. I was on Zoloft (granted not addictive) for 10 years when I had gastric bypass surgery. After the surgery the zoloft made me very sick to my stomach and I wasn't seeing a psychiatrist at the time, so I just stopped taking them. About 7 months later I was at my primary docs office complaining that I had been having some explosive anger issues - nothing violent, but certainly not in my character. I was asking her for some ativan. She questioned the anti depressants and felt I should go back on them. She gave me a script for zoloft and ativan to hold me until the zoloft kicked in. I'll tell you, what a difference being back on the zoloft. So I have to probably take an anti depressent for my whole life - so what? If I need to then I need to.

My point is, that to get off the methadone, you need the klonapin - so what? That's okay. You are now 90 days clean - oh my God - celebrate that!!!! You can worry about getting off the klonapin at another time. All things will come into place if you keep on the right track with the right intentions. You obviously are very strong to be where you are, so please rejoice in that.

Hugs
-Kathi
thank you so much kathi that makes me feel better at this moment in time i'm a very negative person and thanks for the congrats it means alot you've made my day a little brighter thank you again so much and i'm happy that your doing well also i can't thank you enough kelleigh

Old 05-03-2004, 08:54 AM   #4
(female)

kayleighsmom HB User

Congratulations on 90 days! That is such an accomplishment! I've been following your story and amazed you have done so well. I know that you didnt' even taper. That is amazing!!

The benzos, don't worry about them right now. You can and will get off those too! You are a very strong person and a mommy so I know you are like me in that you look at your daughter and she inspires you. Am I right? You are doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work.

Old 05-03-2004, 09:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleighsmom
Congratulations on 90 days! That is such an accomplishment! I've been following your story and amazed you have done so well. I know that you didnt' even taper. That is amazing!!

The benzos, don't worry about them right now. You can and will get off those too! You are a very strong person and a mommy so I know you are like me in that you look at your daughter and she inspires you. Am I right? You are doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work.
yes my daughter definitly inspires me thank you for your vote of confidence with every reply i recieve my day gets a little better i've been following your story to and i wish you luv and luck thank you so much kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 05-03-2004 at 09:02 AM.

Old 05-03-2004, 10:05 AM   #6

staceyy HB User

no Patience. Getting off meth is one of the hardest drugs you will ever have to deal with trust that! Klonipin is a decient drug to be on I have been on it for two years now well on and off when I have had to come of it I have never had a problem but do not misunderstand this klonipin is an opiate. Stop beating your self up be proud of your self I kicked heroin and I hear meth is twice as hard be PROUD OF YOURSELF>
Goddess Bless
Stacey

Old 05-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyy
no Patience. Getting off meth is one of the hardest drugs you will ever have to deal with trust that! Klonipin is a decient drug to be on I have been on it for two years now well on and off when I have had to come of it I have never had a problem but do not misunderstand this klonipin is an opiate. Stop beating your self up be proud of your self I kicked heroin and I hear meth is twice as hard be PROUD OF YOURSELF>
Goddess Bless
Stacey
thanks stacey and congrats on kicking the heroin you should be proud to i must say with out the klonopin i would be a mess thanks so much for you're reply these really help and i'll try to ease up on my self a little thank you hugs kelleigh

Old 05-03-2004, 12:37 PM   #8
(female)

DannDees HB User

way to go kelleigh!!!! Don't worry about the other stuff you take. If you can get through 3 months of what you have then you can do anything!!! I do not know what is good pill or bad pill so I tried to stay away from all, but from some of your post you said something you were on was not addicting so you will be fine..I colored my sisters hair yesterday so my back is killing me today from standing in one place for so long, she wanted foil weave which is very time consuming..How is your back? Do you feel like you can live with the pain just to be drug free? just curious..again congrats, everyday your post sound a little more positive, I am so happy for you...talk later..

Old 05-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #9
Inactive

John 808 HB User

NP,

KUDOS on ninety days! I envy you!

Like most of the others have said, get yourself stable and settled from coming off the meth before you start worrying about the Klonopin. (You aren't abusing that are you?) If you are taking it as prescribed, don't fret over that right now. Granted, if you do want to come off of it in time, you may have to slowly and taper off, but right now, that is not something I would worry about.

I was prescribed Xanax about 2 years ago and was doing fine until I began reading alot of the posts here about people becoming addicted and the horrors of coming off benzos. I went to my psych about it and he said if I was taking it as prescribed (which I actually take half of what I am prescribed) and felt my life was improving because of this medication not to worry myself....so, I try not to! You try to do the same- k? If you feel it is becoming a problem, then worry!

Again, so proud of you and take care,
M

Old 05-03-2004, 01:31 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 3:16
NP,

KUDOS on ninety days! I envy you!

Like most of the others have said, get yourself stable and settled from coming off the meth before you start worrying about the Klonopin. (You aren't abusing that are you?) If you are taking it as prescribed, don't fret over that right now. Granted, if you do want to come off of it in time, you may have to slowly and taper off, but right now, that is not something I would worry about.

I was prescribed Xanax about 2 years ago and was doing fine until I began reading alot of the posts here about people becoming addicted and the horrors of coming off benzos. I went to my psych about it and he said if I was taking it as prescribed (which I actually take half of what I am prescribed) and felt my life was improving because of this medication not to worry myself....so, I try not to! You try to do the same- k? If you feel it is becoming a problem, then worry!

Again, so proud of you and take care,
M
nope don't feel it's a problem been taking less then prescribed but thanks for the reply i feel so much better since i've been taking it to but again all the horror stories scare me because one long a$$ w/d was enough thank you for your reply again it means alot kelleigh

Last edited by no patience; 05-03-2004 at 01:32 PM.

Old 05-03-2004, 01:37 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannDees
way to go kelleigh!!!! Don't worry about the other stuff you take. If you can get through 3 months of what you have then you can do anything!!! I do not know what is good pill or bad pill so I tried to stay away from all, but from some of your post you said something you were on was not addicting so you will be fine..I colored my sisters hair yesterday so my back is killing me today from standing in one place for so long, she wanted foil weave which is very time consuming..How is your back? Do you feel like you can live with the pain just to be drug free? just curious..again congrats, everyday your post sound a little more positive, I am so happy for you...talk later..
hi danndees yeah my back still kills i cry everyday but nothing compares to the w/d i went through i hope i can learn a few coping skills for it i admire you so much for feeling so much better so quickly i wish mine went that well but i guess we are all different glad to hear you're doing good but sorry about the pain i feel for you in that department thanks for replying luv kelleigh

Old 05-03-2004, 02:08 PM   #12

Tobias12 HB User

You're off the dope...so what if you have to take something to help you along the way. You're doing great champ. Stay with it.

Old 05-03-2004, 02:11 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias12
You're off the dope...so what if you have to take something to help you along the way. You're doing great champ. Stay with it.
THANK YOU SO MUCH TOBIAS!!!!!!!!! kelleigh

Closed Thread