It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2004, 08:22 PM   #1
Inactive

John 808 HB User
Red face Lisa, I am pleading with you to respond!

Lisa,

Please post me and let me know what is going on or atleast that you are "there!" I am so worried about you and it is so unlike you to go this long without posting.....

PLEASE, PLEASE let me know you are there and if you feel like talking well, then we can do that! K? And if not, that's okay, too!

Take care and God bless,
Michelle

Old 05-04-2004, 04:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Lisa, I am pleading with you to respond!

DITTO!!!!Just please let us know that you are okay Lisa.and if things are not okay, we can tackle that too.but either way Lisa, we just really need to hear SOMETHING.

we really care about you and are worried sick,afterall, we are all mommies you know.

hope to hear something soon. Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2004, 04:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

Lisa - I care too! Post us please, no matter what.

Old 05-05-2004, 04:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Michelle and Banker, i don't have a good feeling about this at all.when you think of the way that Lisa is, don't you think that if she could post, that she would have by now?Even if she was using again,I seriously doubt that she would keep us hangin like this,you know?

I know that the last time she posted,she just had had the carpal tunnel surgery and was using painkillers,which only make sense as post surgical pain is very hard to control without narcotics.I don't think i heard anyone say anything negative about it to her,did you?You know, something that would have scared her away?

i don't know if she is feeling guilty(and she shouldn't) about having to take something after having so much time under her belt.I am sure that she feels like she let herself down but we don't.hey lisa, you just start over again, thats all.i am really concerned about her husband maybe has done something stupid (again).I hope that she is physically okay.

Please post lisa, really, we are very worried about you and just want to hear that you are okay. please post, anything will do, were not picky, we will take what we can get.i am sincerely hoping that you will post us today Lisa, really.We are worried about you,thats all.

I will be hoping and praying that the next time I come to this board, I will see at least a couple words or ANYTHING from you. Hope all is well Lisa, Marcia

Old 05-07-2004, 03:26 PM   #5

Annie45 HB User
Post Re:

Hi,

You all don't know me, but I've followed Lisa's story for a long time, and replied to her a couple of times about her abusive husband and my concerns for her and her children's well being.

I recall her having a strong connection to another poster here called Willow, and I was wondering if anyone has heard from her or has she stopped posting also? If both have stopped posting, perhaps there's a connection...like a "pact" or something they made with each other?

I, too, hope all is well with Lisa...the posts I read about her husband scared the heck out of me.

Annie

P.S. I was browsing the other boards, and as I also have carpal tunnel syndrome, I decided to check those posts out, and I see Lisa posted there on May 3...maybe one of you who knows her best could let her know she's being worried about over here...sounds like she's in a lot of pain. It's on a thread titled "Has Anyone Had CT Surgery That Didn't Help?"

Last edited by Annie45; 05-07-2004 at 03:55 PM. Reason: to add a p.s. about a recent post from Lisa on Carpal Tunnel Syndrome healthboard

Old 05-08-2004, 09:26 AM   #6
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Willow has not posted in a long while either!

I never really "connected" to Willow but did with Lisa and am very worried about her- this is not like her not to post. Especially when she has friends here that are so concerned about her!

I pray that everything is okay!

Michelle

Old 05-15-2004, 09:18 PM   #7
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Hey Kelleigh,

Lisa was a "regular" when I first started posting hear (about one year ago) and I developed a friendship with her.

There has been a time or two where she (or I for that matter) would go a few days without posting and we would always get one anothers attention, so, that is why I am so worried. It is unlike her to "neglect" my (or others that are worried about her) posts.

It has been several, several days since I have heard from her and I just very concerned. When you develope friendships with people on this board, you worry when you don't hear from them in awhile (especially on an addiction board- if ya know what I mean...)!

Anyway, that is why I keep trying to get her attention. She has been a big help to me and if she needs me, I'd like to help her now.

Hope it doen't bother ya'll that I keep posting this....
Take care,
M

Old 05-16-2004, 07:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 3:16
Hey Kelleigh,

Lisa was a "regular" when I first started posting hear (about one year ago) and I developed a friendship with her.

There has been a time or two where she (or I for that matter) would go a few days without posting and we would always get one anothers attention, so, that is why I am so worried. It is unlike her to "neglect" my (or others that are worried about her) posts.

It has been several, several days since I have heard from her and I just very concerned. When you develope friendships with people on this board, you worry when you don't hear from them in awhile (especially on an addiction board- if ya know what I mean...)!

Anyway, that is why I keep trying to get her attention. She has been a big help to me and if she needs me, I'd like to help her now.

Hope it doen't bother ya'll that I keep posting this....
Take care,
M
IT DOES'NT BOTHER ME YOU KEEP POSTING IF YOU STOPPED POSTING I'D BE CONCERNED TO I JUST HOPE SHE POSTS TO YOU SOON I FEEL REALLY BAD THAT SHE HAS'NT RESPONDED BUT LIKE I SAID I POSTED ON HER CARPAL TUNNEL RESPONSE THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WORRIED ABOUT HER I HOPE SHE POSTS YOU SOON THATS ONE THING THAT SUCKS ABOUT NO PRIVATE MESSAGING YOU PROBABLY FEEL SO HELPLESS I HOPE SHE POSTS SOON HUGS KELLEIGH

Old 05-17-2004, 08:34 AM   #9

Angel of Mercy HB User

Although I know everyone is worried about Lisa I think we need to respect the fact that she is not posting here for whatever her reasons are. It's obvious that she was able to respond since she did post elsewhere but she has chosen not to and as hard as it is to accept or understand we need to respect her decision on that. Sometimes it pushes a person even further away when they feel "pressured." Knowing how Lisa "use to be" and how she "use" to respond on this board should tell people that for whatever her reasons are....she chooses not to communicate. When Lisa is ready to once again to participate in this particular forum then she will but then again she may have decided for her own reasons that she does not want to and we need to RESPECT that.

I know this is hard to accept for some and really hard to understand but for reasons unknown to us this is what she has chosen. I don't believe pressure from this board is the answer. I don't have an answer except to say that Lisa has made a decision and we may not agree with it but it should be respected.

AOM

Old 05-17-2004, 10:53 AM   #10

staceyy HB User

Lisa, girl if you are lurking answer there are people who reall care about you including me.
there is nothing you will be judged for if you are feeling shame about something. we can help
Goddess Walk by you side
Stacey

Last edited by staceyy; 05-17-2004 at 10:55 AM.

Old 05-18-2004, 05:45 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User

Oh my gosh, i guess i was missed..... i thank you all so much for caring about me, it seems you guys are the only family that "truly" cares about my well-being. I have been having some extremely rough times with my wrist that i had just had surgery on, and now my right hand/wrist is developing the same symptoms because i am not able to rest either one. I am still on the hydros, taking 6 a day as ordered....the last visit the doctor wanted to switch me to percs, but i declined, because percs are my DOC, these small vicodins don't "do it" for me like the percs would've.
The reason i haven't posted is because my husband felt as though i have been cheating on him and went to these boards to snoop around. Well he saw some comments made by some that infuriated him, he was ****** off that i tell you guys what he does to me....so i have been trying to let the wound heal, so to speak. I am so, so sick and tired of him accusing me of cheating. The only thing i love or would choose over him are pills and he is too dam blind to see it. I can't even go to meetings anymore, because he thinks i am either lying about where i am, or i am trying to hook up w/ another man in NA.....little does he know....one of the biggest rules of NA and AA are no relationships formed w/in the rooms!!!! I have even invited him to go with me, but find that i am not able to share llike i would if he wasn't there. I have been feeling very alone. I have no privacy, even here obviously. I just don't care anymore, if he doesn't like what he reads, then maybe he should stopn invading my privacy.
How are you doing Michelle????? Still on the sub?????? What did ya get another refill, i thought you had said you were to be out by now....did you get to see an addictionologist???? I am considering it, but want to get over these pain issues get both of my hands fixed and go from there.
I have been so busy with baseball, and running my daughter around, i barely get time anymore for "me". By the time i do get a few minutes at night, i just pass right out, from pure exhaustion.
Well i am gonna stick around....me not posting was driving me absolutely crazy, i don't care if hubby reads this or not. Maybe a reality check for him would do him some good. I tried to explain to him, that at one time, this board was almost like a journal for me, i would write almost every day, and it was good for me to be able to go back and re-read how i was feeling.
Well thanks so much for catching my attention!!! Michelle, you are the best, my Barbie twin LOL
love,
LISA
P.S. Has anyone heard from Rosie, Root, Jenny, Willow???? Ah, and i see an old friend has resurfaced, Tim....gotta play catch up with him
Write back when you have a chance, Mich
luv ya's

Old 05-18-2004, 06:15 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

So relieved to finally hear something from you Lisa,we were all very concerned about you,really.With your husband being the way he has been we didn't know just how you were.i have to run,was just about to leave, saw your post and just hAD to say, welcome home, we really missed you.Hope the wrists heal up soon.pain sucks! take care lisa. marcia

Old 05-18-2004, 07:13 AM   #13
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

Lisa - it's so good to hear from you! I suspected things might have been rough for you right now. And everything is made ten times worse when you not just fighting an addiction--but a husband! Without support from those you are closest to, life can feel like one big anchor around you. As for him reading what you've written about him---"indignation" is the price he's paying for reading your personal mail...your journal!!! If he can read what you have said over the past months--how he's treated you so unsympathetically--and STILL not see where he is failing you...then I think you just have to go ahead and do what is best for yourself. Like staying with this board and the friends you have made. Sounds like he would like to just isolate you from the outside world. But who can live in such an untrusting world--where you think if you can just completely control another person, they won't leave you. He must have these fears that one day you will say "no more"...and just go.

The fact that you turned down the percs shows you that you are still thinking in the right direction. With all the real pain you have with your arms, this is the hardest time to reject pain pills. What a "test" you've been given!!! You're pretty darn strong!!

Anyway, had to pop in and say how nice it was to see your name. You were very missed..and very worried about! Welcome back! xx Lynnxx

Old 05-18-2004, 12:21 PM   #14
Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Hey, Lisa, sounds like you are doing well, except for the hubby situation, of course. Your meetings really should take priority over him--the theory is that if you were to succumb fully to your addiction, you would lose him anyway. That is the mindset I have to take, because my dh tries to lay guilt trips on me, too, especially if I look half-way decent when I go (he's getting a little better, though). I hate leaving my husband and kids behind for my meetings, I really do. But they say that if you put your recovery first, everything else comes back first class, and from what I have seen that is completely true.

Hurray for how you are handling your pain management. I too had pain issues a week and a half ago and took darvocet for them (hydros are my DOC). My sponsor said if I felt the need to take more than prescribed I should share that with her and also call the doctor first to see if it was okay. But taking something for pain issues is not prohibited, although I suppose you could end up with a hardcore group that might feel differently.

Glad to see you back. I figured you weren't really able to type because of your surgery. We love you!

rosie

Old 05-18-2004, 01:57 PM   #15
Inactive

John 808 HB User

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!

Someone suggested that I stop writing you and I am so glad that I didn't cause I knew I would finally here from you!

You have just been "on my heart." Been worried about you but feel alot better after reading your post (except, hate that your husband has put you through what he has...) KUDOS on turning down the percs- you are stronger than I!

I do have an appointment with a new additionologist (a former addict himself) next week and I am so glad because I have 2 and a half sub left. Although, he said he wanted me off the sub and to never, ever take it again????? Hopefully, I'll get a little better insight as to why he feels this way when I see him!

I wish, wish, wish I could keep talking but it is my anniversary and I have to get ready for a BIG DATE! I will write first thing in the morning- again, so good to finally hear from you! You were missed!!!

Oh, BTW, since ycou share a love for tanning beds like I do, wanted to tell you an aquaintance of mine passed away this week from melanoma (she was a sun lover and visited the tanning beds, too). She left behind a husband and a FOUR WEEK OLD baby boy! Can you believe that- how sad is that!!!! I have cried so this morning not because we were great friends but the thought of that little baby and the husband left to raise him alone- just breaks my heart. Anyway, thought you may find that interesing- ofcourse, I went on to my tanning today! May need to ease up some, huh?

Okay, will talk later- K?
M

Closed Thread