It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2004, 03:51 AM   #1
(male)

bobby56 HB User
Question hydro w/d

I have just gone, within the last few weeks from being on Ultram for 5 years, average of 10/day to generic vicoprofen, now average of 8-10/day. I know what the w/ds are from Ultram, and it is a terrible drug to detox from, but was wondering what the w/ds will be from the vicoprofen, any one have a clue? Is it anything like the w/ds from Ultram? i.e. restless leg, constant tickle in my throat especially at night? Please help as i want to get off the merry go round.

Old 05-04-2004, 05:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User
Re: hydro w/d

hi there i'm not familiar with tramadol w/ds although ihear they are sh--ty to say the least but vicoprofen w/ds will be the same as hydrocodone w/d and not to make you nervous but are pretty awful did you just start taking vp ?w/ds have a mind ot there own the severity depends on how long and 8 to 10 a day is up there you'll probably have flu like symptoms nausea chills leg twitching back pain leg pain there are many more oh depression and anxiety to we all differ inw/d i came off 40 to 50 mgs of methadone cold turkey and never got nausea once oh another symptom is insomnia i hope this helps there are other people on the boards that know alot about hydros i'm sure they will respond and fill you in some more if your coming off this we are all here for you keep me posted kelleigh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2004, 05:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Philster2003 HB User

Bobby;

I found the W/D from Ultram to be similar in nature to Hydro but the big difference is the detox process seems to take longer and it may be just a bit more sever in the W/D area. But the biggest thing for me is it seems like its so much longer to get through W/d as it lingers for more days then when I was W/D from Hydro.

Regardless if you don't take action now the 8-10 per day will escalate to 20-30 per day and I can almost guarantee it will happen. Tolerance is a terrible thing!

Good luck and just attack it.

phil

Old 05-04-2004, 06:37 AM   #4
(female)

kayleighsmom HB User

I'm going through w/ds right now and I can tell you that they are not so terrible considering the alternative which is losing my entire family again and DEATH. Keep your eye on the prize and you can do it! At least I can say one day clean and working on day 2. It is taking every fiber of my being, but it's better than swallowing handfuls of pills all the time!

Old 05-04-2004, 10:07 AM   #5

Tobias12 HB User

In my opinion it'll be easier to kick the vicoprofen habit...you haven't been taking them that long right? If I understand correctly, they were prescribed to help ease you through the ultram withdrawals? It'll be bad but not nearly that bad. By day four you should be around 80 percent. That restless leg or the 'kicks' you're talking about never really happened for me with vikes...only til I got strung out on morph. Hang strong...you should be ok.

Old 05-05-2004, 04:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I also don't think that your WDs will be quite as intense with the VP as they were with the ultram.But i just wanted to mention that the ibuprofen in the vP can be very hard on your kidneys when taken above the normal dosage for an extended period of time,i am very glad that you are trying hard to get off of it.Your kidneys will thank you!Hang in there, Marcia

Old 05-05-2004, 05:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelbad
I also don't think that your WDs will be quite as intense with the VP as they were with the ultram.But i just wanted to mention that the ibuprofen in the vP can be very hard on your kidneys when taken above the normal dosage for an extended period of time,i am very glad that you are trying hard to get off of it.Your kidneys will thank you!Hang in there, Marcia
marcia i am amazed are ultram w/ds really that severe more so than hydro god thats scary i've heard of people having these w/d but did'nt realize they were that severe kelleigh

Closed Thread