It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2004, 04:57 PM   #1
(female)

panickyjess HB User
what should i do

hello everyone....im new to this recovery board..i usually post on the panic disorder board (hence my name)...well i have been trying to stay away from coke because i love it so much...but i keep going back to it...i dont ever go out looking for it but whenever i go out drinking and it is there i end up doing it...if im sober i will say no...so thursday night i went out with some co-workers and we had some drinks and then i went with one of them to palm springs and ended up smoking coke...isnt it crack when you smoke it?...so now i feel terrible...i feel like im a huge dissapointment to my family...i keep telling them that i dont want to do drugs anymore but then i keep doing them...im not lying when i say i dont want to do them...i know the obvious answer is for me to stop drinking...but i dont want to stop drinking...any advice would help...thanks

jess

Old 05-08-2004, 07:43 PM   #2
Inactive

farmboy7 HB User
Re: what should i do

Oh boy, big step smoking it! Snorting it is bad enough but you will probably screw up your whole life if you start smoking it. I had a secretary who always said her sister was a dope for smoking crack but then she tried it anyway. Within months she screwed up her job, coming in late and not able to perform. Then she started stealing from the company and lost her job and faced criminal charges. She went to rehab and relapsed, got arrested, then went again to rehab. I moved away so I don't know the rest of the story but it seems they keep relapsing.
I would say stay away from drinking if it keeps you from saying no and don't even snort it. You only get one chance at life so don't screw it up. You can enjoy life better without drugs.

farmboy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2004, 06:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

before my sister became a heroin addict she was into coke she snorted it smoked did whatever you could do with it and i just watched her go down she snorted it so much that she now has a deviated septum so thats why she started smoking it quit while your ahead please. i'm not saying it's gonna lead to other things but you never know. my sister was so smart she could have been a writer and ruined it with that sh-t and when all other resources failed she turned to heroin i'm not saying this is gonna happen but what happens if your out drinking and someone has a supply of that instead of coke just stop now. also my brother in law is a recovering cocaine addict and he has to be on serzone for the rest of his life he quit 7 years ago and is still suffering symptoms brain wise i'm sorry if i sound like an idiot but don't get caught up my thoughts are with you i could tell you my sisters life story and he situation right now but i can't type that much let's just say her life is not what it should be luv and hugs kelleighkeep me posted

Old 05-10-2004, 08:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

chefob1 HB User

you said it...stop drinking....its the trigger settin you off on the coke....think about this one.....you go out drinkin...then you go get some crack...then you get busted by the cops....not cool....or how about this....you get drunk,get some cocaine...you do it,then your freind dies or you do cause it was cooked with some junk in it...or you get a heart attack.......aint worth the risks....you may say,yeah right,that wont happen to me...well,it does...my dealer got shot/killled by two kids havin bad w/d's and they didnt have any money......it aint worth it......think about it,right now,stop/think................................... ....is it worth it?......................nope........... chef

Closed Thread