It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2004, 11:59 AM   #1

NeedAnsr HB User
Once Again

Awhile ago I posted about my continous Oxycontin use. I currently ran out of my supply which hopefully will be a God Sent to save me kinda thing. Right now, its been almost 2 months, maybe already 2 months of everyday use, 40mg a day. I'm on my second day not using, I have tried before within this two months to stop and never got passed the second day, because I had them in my possession. Now that I don't , it seems the first day was even harder, the worst cramps trying to sleep and the strangest dreams about using. I'm trying to get through my first 7 days ( the withdrawl won't be longer then that right?) I'm not sure if its necessary or not to go to see a doctor, or to seek any professional help. I'll let you know how the week goes.

Old 05-10-2004, 12:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chefob1 HB User
Re: Once Again

try not to go and see a doc...you may end up askin for somethin you dont need.....try to cold turky first....yeah.your goin to be uncomfortable for awhile.....insommnia,diahrea,restless legs(kickin the habit),dialated pupils,cold clammy,hot sweaty.....its the usual.....its what makes relapse so tough...but youve got to do it....either today or tomorrow.....its inevitable....once we play with opiates the only way,and theres only one way,is to go thru w/d's...there isnt any skirtin the issue....if you took some opiates to get thru today,what about tomorrow....you just keep prolonging the inevitable....one day/one week/one year......just be tough and get this behind you and dont ever visit opiate addiction land ever again....your lucky...you cannot even comprehend what i have been thru and have done to get opiates into my system.....im divorced,was homeless,lost my 300,000 home due to opiates,stole,lied,deceived,doctorshoppe d,it gets real/real ugly.....saw people die,im tellin you,right here and now.....deal with the w/d's once and only once more...go to a/a,yes thats a/a mtgs or go to n/a.......surround yourself with some recovering addicts...people like me who have been all the way down the road.....learn your lesson only once....read,learn about addiction and recovery........recovery is the most important issue.....get your mind and body healthy again.......oxycodone messes with your brain.....and the rest of ya too.....find a good recovery plan and start it....if you absolutely cannot quit,seek treatment...but use that only as a last resort....no one else but you can deal with the w/d's and problems associated with your disease...you have to open the door and walk thru it...we can help you or tell ya thru experience but you must do the work my friend.....chef

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2004, 03:22 PM   #3

SimplyStupid HB User
Re: Once Again

Chef--what do you take now? I know you have posted that before but I can't find it. When you tell me what exactly you take I want to ask you something that seems to have me stuck. I can take the w/d's like the ones you mentioned. Its the motivation/energy that turns me back to them. Just wondered what you out look on that would be.

Closed Thread