It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2004, 06:33 AM   #1
(female)

kayleighsmom HB User
Update on me

Guess I should give you wonderful folks an update on me. Day 9 with no hydro. Trying all sorts of non-narcotic pain relievers, but nothing is really helping much. The NSAIDS are giving me the worst stomach pains that it's almost as bad as the original pain itself.

Just kind of living with the pain. Have a drs appt today and I'm pretty sure he's going to want to do scan of the brain to make sure all the cancer is still gone. He doesn't think I should still be in this much pain. I'm hoping by the 2 or 3 week mark this condition improves or I may be forced back to the hydros.

I'm hugging my kids everyday, but that's about all I can do at this point. I've lost about 12 more pounds even though I had a hunger binge for the first few days. Down to 88 lbs. My husband fears that I am just going to die of malnutrition or something. Always trying to force me to eat and I try to eat a few bites of something every few hours even if I don't feel like it. (And no eating disorders or anything, my body has just been through a lot)

Have a hearing next week. The pharmacist and the old secretary to the prescribing dr is going to be there. Hopefully their input will be enough!

Old 05-11-2004, 08:15 AM   #2
Inactive

John 808 HB User
Re: Update on me

Hey girl!

I am so proud of you- I almost envy you but I won't say that because I am too proud of you!!! And you are in real pain too, WOW, you are a trooper!
BUT, (time to fuss ) YOU GOTTA EAT!!!!!!! I have always had problems keeping weight on in the past (not now- steady at 115) but hit McDonalds or Burger King and load up on shakes!!!! That put a little weight on me and they are not altogether bad for you. Also, PASTA, PASTA, AND MORE PASTA! LOL! Next time we talk, I want you to have put on a couple of pounds- you hear me?

You really are making progress and I wish I could give you a big hug in person. I bet you'll have your baby back in no time.

I am sure everything will be fine with your MRI, but, keep me informed. Yeah, NSAID kill my tummy, too! Talk to your doctor about some alternatives.

Hang in there and hug not only your kids but yourself for such an awesome job! God bless,
Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2004, 08:28 AM   #3
Inactive

over HB User

Hi Kayleighsmom,

Congrats on your 9th day! You truly are an inspiration here becoming hydro free! I'm also so proud of you! I also live with chronic pain, but not nearly as painful as yours !

Yes, you must eat! I also lost a lot of weight and I'm forcing myself to eat. I'm eating cheeseburgers almost every day. Its like becoming a chore to eat. I thought I would never say that.

Be strong and post if you need anything. You can only take one day at a time at this point. It does get better everyday. Enjoy the fact that today you didn't have to take hydros. That is a big and giant step. Take care.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:32 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

windysan HB User

Great job !!! Shakes, cakes, pies, chocolates....all that good stuff. Ya gotta eat !! Be strong. You are doing so well. I admire your strength.

Lotta Love,
w

Old 05-11-2004, 10:12 AM   #5
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

GOOD job! To have all that pain...yet stick to your plan...is just wonderful. I do hope your doctor can find something for that pain, though. That will drain you and take away your appetite more than anything.

As you said....a bite whenever you can. Keep a dish or bowl with your normally favorite food(s) just an arm's distance away, so you can GRAB it! Then..when you feel less ill for a few moments--EAT. Even a tiny bit. Figure out what time of the day you're normally most inclined to eat or snack..and see if you can get something down easier around that time. I find pasta the easiest on my stamch when I'm just not hungry. Have it with nothing on it, if the thought of butter or sauce is too off-putting.

88 lbs is LOW!!! I can imagine how worried your family is. And I know you're doing as much as you can. You may be low in weight--but you sound pretty strong in determination!!

feel better, Lynn

Old 05-11-2004, 11:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

awesome km i'm glad to hear your on day 9 that's wonderful sorry about your pain though i hope that baby will be home soon and i wish you all the love and support you need kelleigh :

Old 05-11-2004, 07:19 PM   #7

dschne HB User

You know I went back and read your posts and learned a little about you and I must say you are like a CHEVY LIKE A ROCK strong lady !! really very glad for you on day 9 congrats you are remarkable....I am new but but all of you are a inspiration to me beleive me.

Closed Thread