It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2004, 04:36 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Wink Hey Root!!

Hiya, Haven't heard a peep from you in awhile,and have been thinking of you quite a bit lately and wondering just how things are going for you since your detox.If you have some time, could you just give me a quick update?i really do miss you Root,and am concerned.

i miss those wonderful posts.Hope all is well. Marcia

Old 05-12-2004, 07:21 AM   #2

jenny1973 HB User
Re: Hey Root!!

I would like to know how ROOT is doing too! I haven't heard anything from him since he went in to detox. Could he still be there?? I know some people at my detox were there up to 30 days. Hope you are doing well ROOT and can't wait to see how you are feeling!
Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2004, 09:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

Know what? You guys are right! Great, now I'm worried. That other person wrote a thread for him that said he would be home the next weekend...??? Root- come out, come out, wherever you are...

Old 05-13-2004, 04:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Banker,Jenny.
Root posted very shortly after he got out of detox, short and sweet.just said that he was doing well,and off of the narcotics and on something else for his pain.so at least i knew THAT much, but haven't heard anything since then.Just want to know that things are still going well for him.he is just such a genuine sweet guy,and you just end up liking him so much and of course the worrying starts.

I know i am not the only one who feels that way about him.I just hope your happy Root.please post and tell us how things are going okay? marcia

Old 05-14-2004, 09:15 PM   #5
Veteran

Root HB User

Hi Evry One and thanks for asking about me. I will be 30 days clean come this Thursday! My detox was call a rapid detox done over 4 days outpatient. You have to have a suport person with you and you stay in a motel. All I know is I went in on Monday morning and they gave me two shots and I don't remember anything after that until I got home on Saturday. It seem I just slept but my friend who was with me said I talked, watched TV, and ate. Also slept a lot. I don't under stand a lot of this stuff but my detox was just to mainly clean the brain centers for opiates. I had the runs bad for a few days, a little bit of body wds, but mainly very low enrgy, restless legs, and back and leg pain. I also didn't eat much.

Today is the first day I feel I have about 80% of my enrgy back. I never was depresed but I had the blahs and the doc put me on Lexapro. The worst thing for me was the leg thing and no enrgy as I am usualy very active. Then he put me on small dose of zyprexa that he said helps the lexapro and boy does it ever. It has given me my enrgy back and I have no depresion.

I went to the pain clinic on Monday and they did an epidural and for the first time in many weeks I have no back or leg pain. You just can't imagine how good this feels. They will keep doing those kinds of things for as long as they can but the doc says I will eventuly have surgry. I won't because I tell my self over and over a hundred times a day that my back is geting stronger and stronger. My back is healing it self and I will not need any surgry or drugs. I know that sound silly but I know it will work.

So I am 100% drug free and going to either AA or NA at least five nites a week. The people are the greatest and they stand 100% behind me. The one big thing I gain is I am so much closer to God and my sprtual beleifs are so much stronger.

Thanks again for asking about me. I sort of thought you lost intrest in me but I'm glad you didn't. I pray for all of you evry day and it is so worth it to be clean and sober. It makes my heart so warm and hapy I wish I could give some of that to evry one of you.

Old 05-14-2004, 11:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Root, it is so great to hear from you!!! We never ever lost interest, you are always in my prayers. I am growing so much through NA as well and am just thrilled that you are in the program too.

luv,
rosie

Old 05-15-2004, 05:11 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

You just made my day Root!!!I was really starting to get concerned about just how things were going for you(its that mothering thing,you know?).I am absolutely thrilled for you, really Root.it sounds like for the first time in a very long time, that you are really genuinely happy.Don't you dare ever,ever think that we could possibly ever forget about you.You are so very special to so many of us and i know that i am not the only one who feels that way and is very relieved to finally hear from you,and with such wonderful news!

So I take it that you are seeing a different pain doc than the insensitive idiot that you saw the first time?I know how it feels to be somewhat painfree when something FINALLY works for you,and i am very,very happy that you have found some relief.I know you have been suffering for so very long Root,and you DO deserve to finally have some peace in your life.you keep on thinkin those positive thoughts root,Having a positive additude helps so very much in how much pain you feel.

Sounds like you have a good handle on your depression as well.It is really amazing to me just how many people that abuse drugs(and espescially the damn hydro)are also self medicating themselves for depression.i know that that was the way it all started for me.I am also taking Lexapro and having pretty good results with it.

Well, I am so happy to see your name here again and now I can finally breathe a sigh of relief for you.I hope things stay stable for you,it sure has been a looong time comin.Keep us posted Root,we really do miss you when you are gone.take care, marcia

Old 05-15-2004, 11:25 AM   #8
Veteran

Root HB User

Thank you Rosie and Marcia. I feel beter each day and I know it is through the power of all my frends here and else where who pray for me and send me positive enrgy. I hope you all know I do the same for you.

Old 05-15-2004, 05:28 PM   #9
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User
Talking Re: Hey Root!!

Dear Root - How in the world do you think any of us even had TIME to "lose interest in you"--when we were all too busy WORRYING how you were! LOL!!
My real pessimistic side came out when we didn't hear from you again after your initial post. That's the one big problem with these sorts of Boards--you get to know and care about people--but, if, for whatever reason, the Poster is ill and unable to post....or too depressed to post--you have no other way to contact them or their family. You can really feel so helpless. So...I was so happy to hear that all's been--not just "okay"--but "GOOD"--for you! :-)

You sound as if you are healing both physically...and mentally. It seems like that Zyprexa sort of "kick-started" the Lexapro--which is great, because that symptom of lethargy seems to be one of the toughest of them all.

Anyway..it was very, very good to hear you are doing so well. Please keep in touch. We are ALWAYS interested in hearing how you are!

Okay...stay well! with love from Lynn

Last edited by Administrator; 05-16-2004 at 09:39 PM. Reason: discussing banned person.

Old 05-15-2004, 09:02 PM   #10
Inactive

John 808 HB User

Root,

I am so glad you are doing well!

You sound great and I am so happy for you! Keep us posted- like Lynn said, most of us are so, so busy! I haven't been on the boards in a few days!

Again, KUDOS to you and God bless! BTW, if you could keep me in your prayers, would really appreciate it! Thanks!
Michelle

Last edited by John 808; 05-17-2004 at 07:31 AM.

Old 05-15-2004, 09:02 PM   #11
Veteran

Root HB User

Lynn, thank you so much for so many kind words. You are right about having no enrgy. I am so grate full to God and my frends for there prayers and sending me enrgy. today is the first day I think I am starting to heal. Merdeth is doing well but you know she has some physical problems and she never complanes. She prays for evry one and loves and misses you all. I will pass her mesage on and I know that will make her feel very good. Thanks again for caring about me.

Old 05-16-2004, 05:58 PM   #12
Veteran

Root HB User

Hi Michele. I am so glad to hear from you. I know the new doc will help you. You are right about the no enrgy thing. That and the rest less leg thing about did me in. The last 2 days I feel like I am geting more to my old self at least I have about 80% of my enrgy. It feels great to be clean. I pray for evry one here and send positive enrgy evry day but I will say some special prayers for you. You have had such a batle but I beleive God knows what he is doing. I know you beleive that too. I will look forword to hearing what the doc tells you.

Old 05-17-2004, 10:09 PM   #13

Jerri1 HB User

ROOT!I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy that I was checking in and saw this thread to you!I told you that one day you would be right beside me and not using!I've got tears in my eyes as I'm posting this to you!(tears of GREAT JOY)Wow I'm so happy for you my friend!! I'm at a loss for words!The Good Lord listens when we pray!! Lots of Love and prayers coming your way my friend!! Love ya..Jerri

Old 05-18-2004, 03:45 PM   #14
Inactive

over HB User

Root,

I never posted with you but know of you through much of the reading here. Congrats on sobriety! Rapid detox, huh? I was going to go through that, but not after what I found out how much it cost! I live in So Cal and it cost only 10 grand here! I know its cheaper in other states. I was very tempted to do it until I started researching about the Subutex. Decided to go that route instead and so far been 30 hydro and Subutex free! It just feels great!

Its a shame that Rapid Detox has to be so expensive because I believe it can help a lot people with the first 3 days of withdrawls.

The epidurals do definitely take your pain away. Except when I had my baby, it didn't really work for me and I had to have two shots before it was even effective for me!

Take care.

Old 05-21-2004, 07:32 PM   #15
Veteran

Root HB User

Jerri!!!! I have wonder and wonder what hapen to you and I am so hapy to see you again. I just made my first 30 days and I am feeling beter and beter evry day. I have so much gratidude. I hope you are doing well my special frend and it is so good to hear from you.

Closed Thread